Vincenzo Iaquinta (101 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
His movement was good, the best in the team as Suns pointed out. But still, his first touch was terrible and his intelligence on the ball appalling. Lost way too many balls too easily.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Juve lost control of the game once Iaquinta went off.

As poor as he was, Inter were still concerned about him running in behind.

Without that threat in behind, Inter were willing to press the ball higher up the pitch and it became much harder for Juve to find space.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Iaquinta is slow? The only reason he's a professional footballer is because of his size and speed.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

Without that threat in behind, Inter were willing to press the ball higher up the pitch and it became much harder for Juve to find space.
As bad as he was (which he was) I was concerned about him being taken out. There was no one to run through the defense as you pointed out.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

That is true. Iaquinta's movement caused Inter a lot of problems, but it didn't mean that much, because he kept losing the ball with his terrible first touch. I thought bringing in Del Piero wasn't such a good idea though. A DP - Quag partnership against the likes of Chivu and Lucio isn't such a good idea. Neither one of them provides a physical presence, neither one of them makes runs in behind the defense, both want the ball at their feet.

Also, Juve were playing on the counter, i felt DP slowed that down. He wasn't suited for the game Juve were playing today.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Iaq wasn't bad tonight. He was a laughingstock at a few occasions but he wasn't bad. He always knows how to runs through the opponent's defense putting himself in good positions.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Iaq wasn't bad tonight. He was a laughingstock at a few occasions but he wasn't bad. He always knows how to runs through the opponent's defense putting himself in good positions.
The only problem was that he was caught offside almost all the time. If only he had used his brains a little bit or concentrated a bit more...

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
He killed all of our attacks today

Krasic gave him a gift across the face of goal and all he had to do was get a foot on it but he didn't even do that.

I miss David

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
A forward's job isn't just scoring goals, of course. But I've had it with the Amauri-like reviews of,"Oh, he worked really hard and just didn't score" and we lose. F*$% that noise.

Not that Iaq has to score every time, but the first rule should be do no harm -- i.e., if you cannot convert on our scoring chances, the least you can do is simply do not screw them up for everyone else. At that he failed miserably today.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
He wasn't really good, but he was dangerous. He's annoying with his decision making and his disillusions that he has skill but I was disappointed that he came off as really did put their defence under pressure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 101)