Vincenzo Iaquinta (17 Viewers)

Apr 19, 2007
This guy cant win with this forum. He plays very direct straight to goal and usually gets one. Yeah he should pass the ball sometimes but give him a break. DP didnt do jack today besides going down but heaven forbid anyone say anything. The guy was our only danger really

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I've always thought Iaquinta got too much shit on this forum and I never wanted to take that discussion. I think he's a good and loyal reserve for us who can score and he runs a lot. I see people comparing him to Amauri but thats not fair, Iaquinta is much more effective. I used to like Amauri a lot and I defended him for a whole year but the truth is that he's been playing bad for a long time now. He was impressive his first 6 months for us back in 2008 but after that its all been bad.

ajit

Dec 19, 2005
This guy cant win with this forum. He plays very direct straight to goal and usually gets one. Yeah he should pass the ball sometimes but give him a break. DP didnt do jack today besides going down but heaven forbid anyone say anything. The guy was our only danger really
SELL SELL SELL :rolleyes:

Weird that people are picking on our 4th choice, when clearly our starters aren't doing their job too. But no, Amauri has to stay because he earns more than double what IQ makes in a year.

ajit

Dec 19, 2005
I've always thought Iaquinta got too much shit on this forum and I never wanted to take that discussion. I think he's a good and loyal reserve for us who can score and he runs a lot. I see people comparing him to Amauri but thats not fair, Iaquinta is much more effective. I used to like Amauri a lot and I defended him for a whole year but the truth is that he's been playing bad for a long time now. He was impressive his first 6 months for us back in 2008 but after that its all been bad.
Even Ale gets shit here :lol:

IQ was injured almost the entire season last year. I know he can be so damn annoying to watch, but atleast he does the job.

EDIT: oops, I thought you were talking about IQ :D +rep

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I love this guy. Absolutely love him. He's the 4th striker, he knows it, and never complains. Not once has he ever complained. He's not the most prolific striker, and some of the stuff he does makes me pull my hair out.

But he brings it, every single match that he plays. You can never question this guy's effort and heart. He would die for that shirt. There are not may players that you can say that about. Even last year, when the season went down the toilet, when he played he always put in his best effort.

Every team needs a "team first" type of player like him.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
the frustrating thing about Vinnie is that if he became a bit more clinical in front of goal, he would be an absolute gun, WC even.

otherwise has excellent qualities.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
He falls over too quickly for a guy his size. He should be able to out-hustle quite a few defenders, yet falls over like a little girl at times.

Great goal though.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I love this guy. Absolutely love him. He's the 4th striker, he knows it, and never complains. Not once has he ever complained. He's not the most prolific striker, and some of the stuff he does makes me pull my hair out.

But he brings it, every single match that he plays. You can never question this guy's effort and heart. He would die for that shirt. There are not may players that you can say that about. Even last year, when the season went down the toilet, when he played he always put in his best effort.

Every team needs a "team first" type of player like him.
:analcanon:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Iaquinta a fan of Ibra
Friday 1 October, 2010
Juventus’ Vincenzo Iaquinta has spoken of his admiration for Serie A rivals Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Fabrizio Miccoli.

Ibrahimovic is the player who stimulates me the most,” the Italian international striker stated in an interview.

He is 1m 90cm tall, but he moves like [Roma’s David] Pizarro who is just a metre and a half,” he added.

I would also like to steal a few secrets from Miccoli, who impresses me with his class, for how much he has improved and the ease with which he shoots.”

Ibrahimovic and Miccoli both played for Juventus in their careers, now Iaquinta finds himself in black and white.

I am a modern striker, I run a lot and I make myself useful for the team,” he noted. “Perhaps that is why Coaches seem to like me.”

Iaquinta has never really been a prolific striker, but he argues that he is playing in one of the toughest competitions around.

It is always difficult to score in Italy,” he said. “The Coaches here are very prepared and the teams, especially the provincial ones, don’t give a lot away to opposing strikers.”

The former Udinese man did find the target last night with a rasping drive in Juve’s 1-1 Europa League draw at Manchester City.

FI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)