Vincenzo Camilleri (1 Viewer)

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Good game from him i like the way he played .

He looks more of a CB than a RB .

Now we have 4 CB : Chiellini,Bonucci,Camilleri,Sorensen -- Great defenders .

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
:lol: it's funny that rebel posted pics of a player passing him right after
that was early on the first half ,only on hist first game..ok,i wasn't very clear,once he got settled in the match,unfortunately when we were 1-0 down,he did not let anyone pass him on one on one chances..

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Maltesian? It's called Maltese. :D

He's Italian. Must have some Maltese blood in his family though.
Originally wouldn't it have been an Italian/Sicilian surname seeing as many would have probably immigrated to Malta in the old days (like 300-400 years ago). The Maltese language has heaps of Sicilian influence does it not?

There's heaps of people of Maltese descent here in Oz. And all the typical last names Vella, Gauci, Zammit, Grech, Borg etc :)

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Originally wouldn't it have been an Italian/Sicilian surname seeing as many would have probably immigrated to Malta in the old days (like 300-400 years ago). The Maltese language has heaps of Sicilian influence does it not?

There's heaps of people of Maltese descent here in Oz. And all the typical last names Vella, Gauci, Zammit, Grech, Borg etc :)
About half of the vocabulary is borrowed from Italian and Sicilian languages, although I'm not so sure about Camilleri mate. I always thought it's Maltese though.

A lot of people emigrates to Australia and Canada around these parts. Mostly to join their families who emigrated before and so on.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Camilleri is Maltese by definition but would originally have come from an Italian name or word of which there are many similar, and he is from Gela on the south coast of Sicily so that makes sense in terms of distribution.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Yep, theres a lot here in Sydney (and a lot in Melb too)...we got a big mix here. Macedonians, Serbians, Croatians, Italians, Greeks, Turks, Lebanese, Chinese u name it its here :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)