Vincenzo Camilleri (1 Viewer)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003

Date of birth 6 March 1992 (1992-03-06) (age 18)
Place of birth Gela, Italy
Height 1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)
Weight 77 kg
Playing position Center Back​

(born 6 March 1992) is an Italian professional footballer who plays as a defender for Reggina.

Career

Born in Gela, Sicily, Camilleri began his career with the youth team of Reggina, and made his first team debut on December 19, 2007 as a half-time substitute in a Coppa Italia 2007–08 home game against Inter, which ended in a 4–1 loss for Camilleri's side. Later on February 2008 he became the subject of a controversial approach from English club Chelsea. On March 2008, after his 16th birthday, he left Reggina to move to England and join the Chelsea club academy; he consequently received a two-month ban by the Italian Federation due to breach of transfer rules, caused by Camilleri's parents not having asked permission to Reggina before entering talks with Chelsea; the ban applied only on Italian domestic games. The Italian Federation also agreed to suspend indefinitely Camilleri from playing at youth international level with Italy; he was playing at Under-16 level at the time of his move to Chelsea. However, the youngster ultimately failed to settle in England and was allowed to return to Reggina later on January 2009.

On April 19, 2009 Camilleri made his Serie A debut for Reggina as a substitute for Luca Vigiani in an away win to Atalanta. Later on May 31, 2009 he also marked his first appearance as a starter, playing 64 minutes in the final game of the season, ended in a 1–1 home draw to Siena. He was later confirmed as part of the Reggina roster for their 2009–10 Serie B campaign.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Reggina, Foti: "Camilleri ceduto alla Juve"

Era a un passo dal Milan, ma Vincenzo Camilleri (18), ormai ex giocatore della Reggina, è stato ceduto dal club amaranto alla Juventus. Lo ha confermato ieri sera il presidente Foti: "Questa mattina abbiamo ceduto Camilleri in prestito alla Juve".

Loan deal, he's ours.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
its cold here, real cold. Will be warmer soon hopefully, spring soon.
I was living there only a few months back and got out just as the weather was beginning to turn, just so I could catch the lovely Irish summer:shifty:

I think I remember hearing something about this kid awhile back when Chelsea signed him, was there some controversy or scandal surrounding that deal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)