Vincent Kompany (1 Viewer)

Geof

May 14, 2004
I read on the belgian teletext (VRT) that Vincent Kompany would be on his way from Anderlecht to Inter in June for a fee of 15million €.

This supertalented youngster could become one of the best defenders in the world in 2-3 years. He is one of the most important players of Anderlecht, both in league as Champion's league (played 13 games in CL!!) and he's only 18 (born on the 10th of April 1986)!

It would be a massive blow if he'd go to Inter. He'll rot there and become some average player. Chelsea and Arsenal are also linked with him.

Why doesn't Juve sign him? We need young defenders like him (if we get rid of our plethoric CB veterans...), he could grow calmly for 2 years when Canna-Thuram are still in prime.

He's a really nice guy (I talked with him!), nothing like an arrogant youngster.

I'm pretty sure he'll leave this summer for a big club, so he could be expensive.

Go Moggi, go!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What attracts me in Kompany is that he's got that typical Juve-style. Not arrogant, yet confident and stylish.

It's clear he'll become one of the best defenders in the world, but would Moggi consider buying him for a huge amount of money?

Aug 1, 2003
He's good, but hardly proven. With our defence problem last year, I'm glad we got someone like Canna who could come in and solve it quickly. Kompany is a risk and is an unsure thing in Serie A and Europe.

OP
Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    Indeed. I don't think he'd be ready to play 1st team today, but if we don't bring him in now, we'll never get him.

If the 15m€ price is real, Moggi won't buy him i fear

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    I'm afraid that he'll ruin his career if he goes to Inter... :(

And yeah, he has hardly proven himself yet...

OP
    Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    The article siad that Kompany didn't know of anything. I hope he's smart enough not to go to Inter.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by sehnsucht79 ] ++
    He's good, but hardly proven. With our defence problem last year, I'm glad we got someone like Canna who could come in and solve it quickly. Kompany is a risk and is an unsure thing in Serie A and Europe.
    Name me 1 player that is proven at 17 ;)

Jul 28, 2002
    what a little git, kompany is a mere 5 days younger than me!!! id love to have him signed up...but he will go to a big spender, not us.

OP
    Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #14
    ++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
    what a little git, kompany is a mere 5 days younger than me!!! id love to have him signed up...but he will go to a big spender, not us.

He's a smart guy, but the problem is Anderlecht will only let him talk with a big spender.

He won't leave in January, because he wants to finish school in Belgium first:D:. And that will be done in June.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Geof ] ++
    Indeed. I don't think he'd be ready to play 1st team today, but if we don't bring him in now, we'll never get him.

If the 15m€ price is real, Moggi won't buy him i fear
    If Anderlecht demand 15m for Kompany Moggi would be right to not buy him. Even if Vincent is a massive talent, he's not worth 15m.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    anderlecht are definitely gonna hold out over kompany.unfortunately we'd be missing out on a big talent but then again if inter are in the chase we might as well give up already.

Dec 27, 2003
    Not only does Kompany seem to have an excellent potential for his young age, but he also appears to be a very nice and intelligent guy. The kind of player who will keep his head on his shoulders if/when he joins a big Italian club.

OP
    Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #19
    Have you seen him play against Spain? The whole belgian NT played like crap, but Vincent managed a good performance? He went wrong on the first goal, but excepted this youth error he was fantastic.

Spanish papers were exstatic about him, telling he's "Real material".... I guess it's their way of saying he's good?

IMO he's far more talented than the likes of Mexes,...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)