Vincent Kompany (1 Viewer)

OP
Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #22
    snatch him?

forget it. Anderlecht are no dummies, he who wants Kompany will have to pay the price. And given his current form and the attention around him, it wont be cheap...

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
    and why should we snatch him?, so he could sit on the bench!, we dont need to look for new defenders before the Canna-Thuram era is near the end, which isnt before 2-3 years imo.

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
    we could rotate him with Thuram or maybe play 3-5-2 formation where we could use him much more often....

OP
    Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #25
    we should prepare future. If we wait 2-3 years, we'll have two old men as cb.

It's better to buy young players now, and mature them for two years before replacing thuram and Canna

But Kompany's price tag will be too high for this I think

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by genesio ] ++
    f u c k kompany he su cks!!!

maybe he is good in belgium but HE WILL SU CK LIKE A MOTHER ****ER IN SERIE A
    ....... 'He will suck like a motherf*cker' ???

What kind of pathetic way to express your dissaproval is that !!?!

Uninteresting. Ignorant. Rude. Fool.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by genesio ] ++
    f u c k kompany he su cks!!!

maybe he is good in belgium but HE WILL SU CK LIKE A MOTHER ****ER IN SERIE A
    How do you justify that?

++ [ originally posted by Stephañho!] ++

What kind of pathetic way to express your dissaproval is that !!?!

Uninteresting. Ignorant. Rude. Fool.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    He got a nice assist against Werder. You gotta wonder why he was that far forward in attack though :D

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    He got a nice assist against Werder. You gotta wonder why he was that far forward in attack though :D
    Well Graham, Kompany was actually patrolling far away from his customary area because he just can't stay put during 90 mins! He always takes risks during a game for the greater good (and more so when the players who should take their responsabilities don't), which sometimes costs a goal. That is when Kompany doesn't make up for a blunder on his own, he generally does mind you. If it wasn't for Hugo Broos, Kompany would've already been given the midfield. I know you'll think this is just hype and I admit it sounds stupid after all the praise he got as defender, and here I acknowledge I was the first person to promote the guy in that light, but after good consideration, Kompany is an improved version of Patrick Viera!

Manuel

Aug 8, 2003
    That might just become a problem for Kompany when he is at a bigger club, he must try to push back those urges to go forward. He does that a lot, against Werder wasn't an exception.

Manuel

Aug 8, 2003
    Good point, everyone is talking about how good a defender Kompany is, but he could be so much more. He played one half, I think, in the Belgian NT as a midfielder and he was just brilliant there.

OP
    Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #37
    yes, a lot of people in Belgium think Vincent should be a defensive midfielder.
    I agree with that, he's got a lot of offensive talent, good technique, and brilliant defensive skills.

OP
    Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #38
    In good Kompany

Anderlecht central defender Vincent Kompany is sparking a bidding war around Europe with Arsenal, Chelsea, Inter and Milan leading the way. It's reported that the two San Siro sides are now banding together to ensure the £10m price-tag doesn't escalate out of control, but that could put the Premiership clubs in pole position.

Football Italia - Anglo Angle

OP
    Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #39
    Vincent has been nominated by Tuttosport for the election of the European Talent of the Year. This includes only players who where born after 1/1/1983.
    Besides him the most known are: Valery Bojinov (Lecce), Obafemi Martins (Inter), Arjen Robben (Chelsea), Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United) and Wesley Sneijder (Ajax)

I don't expect him to win, but it's a great honour, for him and for Anderlecht!

OP
    Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #40
    Yesterday evening was the annual ceremony of the "golden shoe" in Belgium. This award is given to the best player of the belgian competition.

And guess who won this year?

Vincent Kompany!

at 18 years and 9 months, he's the second youngest player to win this award (the youngest was Paul Van Himst).

Everyone expected him to win it, but this was a real triomph: he won with 507 points, while the second (Pieroni) won only 104 points.

If your interested, here is the best starting eleven:

-------------------------Proto (Be)----------------------------

Deflandre(Be) Kompany(Be) Onyewu (USA) Van der Heyden (BE)

---------------Mitu(Roum) Simons (Be) Ceh (Slo)-----------------------

------------Wilhelmsson(Swe), Dindane(Iv Co), Balaban (Cro)-----------

Sorry for his fans but De Cock didn't make it to the first XI, he was nominated though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)