Vieri To Join Juve Only If Lippi Stays (1 Viewer)

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
03/25/2004. The latest speculation in Italy concerning Christian Vieri is that the Italian striker will not be wearing the nerazzurri shirt next season if Alberto Zaccheroni remains as coach.

Moreover, his favoured destination would be Juventus, but only if Marcello Lippi stays as the bianconeri mentor. This would explain why the current Italian champions do not seem Interested in holding on to David Trezeguet whose future lies in Spain with Barcelona.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I don't understand, we want to sell Trez b/c he wants more $$$ but we could get Vieri who makes double the $$$, gets injured all the time and is much older.

Jul 12, 2002
Vieri is better than Trezguet, but he's older...Maybe the idea would be to buy Vieri now and get a young striker down the road. He would certainly be an instant help to our attack, but I'd rather spend the money on defenders.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
True, we could get like 27mil euros for Trez, buy Vieri for 10+ and the rest we could buy a couple of D's.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
i don't know why we should sell trez and buy vieri when they are almost same...and vieri would ask for a higher wage than trez...if we wanna have a striker like trez and our choice would be vieri, than don't sell trez.

but if we sell trez, we should buy zlatan ;)

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
vieri seems to be very interested in coaches :rofl:

well...i would like to see him in juve,but also,i would like to see a younger player too....

if vieri comes next season,IF,
how long is he gonna stay fit and active like he is now??

who can guarantee us that he is gonna be like he is now for next season AT LEAST??

how old is he now,30 or 31??

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
An an international context, Vieri is a professional goal scorer and I'd rather have him at Euro2004 than anyone else. But he can't last a season, not even half a season. His fitness is less reliable than Del Piero's (even though he performs better coming off injury as we know). What do we want with him? Our record of keeping players fit is worse than any other club could imagine, his fitness would deteriorate further if anything.

+ he's a money grabber and doesn't really care much for Juve, at least Moggi & co.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
Moggi will not sign Vieri UNLESS he is a financial steal AND he gets a barrel of $$ for Trez. After not going for Nesta OR Cannavaro and picking up Legro. in a bidding war with Roma AND letting Kaka slip through his reflexes will be sharp and unforgiving. The only scenario where buying Vieri would be logical would be if a striker was the missing link to a complete team (like Milan in picking up Cafu and Pancaro for the present). Anyhow, Vieri is no fool: Roma is in financial hell..Lazio is in fraudulent hell...Milan is a full house and with Juve he sees dollar bills ringing without much adjustment in terms of re-locating.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++
vieri seems to be very interested in coaches :rofl:
And so he should be. Vieri's had problems with his attitude and even his discipline to a certain degree, so he doesn't want a coach who'll hold a grudge against him and bench him, and I don't think Lippi's that type

DelSing

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
i don't know why we should sell trez and buy vieri when they are almost same...
although both of them r power foward type player but they r quite difference, thing Vieri have, Trezgoal dont' and vice versa

Vieri
-better off ball movement
-better footwork
-a more all around player
-sometime bit too selfish
-too many uneed shot

Trezgoal
-better of off connecting passes into goals(the best in the world IMO)
-lack of off ball movement
-excenllent one timer(the best in the world IMO)
-lack of footwork

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
moggi is concerned about cash, how could he afford vieri then? we lossed davids due to wage demands, now trez is leaving due to financial issues plus he wants a wage increase, how does vieri suddenly fit into the picture with his 5 million pounds a season wage? we are extending di vaio's contract as well, why i have no idea, another mistake the club is making IMO.

you dont rebuild a team by buying old players. when there are son many young stars like zlatan, cavenaghi, torres, gilardino around, why go for vieri.

makes no sense.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
If there is one thing i admire of trezeguet..is that he like to take passes and do a first time shot...ending in a oal... but in the circumstances we are...we need a striker with great ball movement and passing abilities to help ouir team.

we are not exactly fance , which have zizou and henry to babysit trez.

Vieri...... like Ian said...he would be instant help,,, but we will have to search another striker soon...and like Incubbo said...he is not an idiot. Naybe in this precise moments he have alreayd talked to Lippi about possible business in Juve.

and the worst is that he will be expensive (his wage)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I thought that Lippi was probably going to coach the Italian National Team after the Euros this year. Vieri knows this, so why is he speculating a move to Juve? This is all just rumors that make no sense. Juve needs to grab a hold of these great young strikers (Ibrahimovic, Torres, and Gilardino) before we loose out on another big signing to Chelsea or Milan.

This is all nonsense.

No Vieri, bring in Zlatan and Gilardino.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)