Vieira (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
We've been linked with Vieira in the past, but Arsenal are gonna hold onto him no matter what. It's extremely difficult to lure a captain away from his team

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
It said that he will stay in Arse-nal.

BTW gray, my family currently has a few loans and debts, think Crist could help us out?

Sorry ;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I remember the journos getting bloody excited and taking plenty of photos when Vieira swapped jerseys with someone after one of our CL matches against them.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
we've been linked to vieira for the longest time,but it just can't happen.juve won't spend,arsenal won't sell,and he probably won't want to come either.

not that i'm dying to see him in black and white.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Vieira's the best DM in the world, in my opinion. He's a real driving force for Arsenal and Zidane's admitted that he loves the freedom he gets playing for France because he knows that Vieira picks up anything he drops.

About two years ago, he looked like leaving Arsenal, as he felt it lacked the ambition to win trophies. They've since become a lot better, with Henry in particular maturing to become a world class player, and they finally look like a tema that could suceed in Europe. I don't think he's eager to leave anymore, and Arsenal are certainly unlikely to sell for anything less than a stupid bid of the Real Madrid ilk - money Juve just won't pay.

Vieira didn't enjoy his time at Milan, and he's unlikely to be willing to return to Italy. All in all, I don't see him joining Juve.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I feel like I've never seen Vieira at his best and contrary to what people say I never thought he was that good. Or perhaps I just fail to appreciate the defensive midfielder role.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
He doesn't hit top gear that often (he's quite differant to Keane in that respect), but when he does, he's absolutely unstoppable. He's 6' 4", and built like a tank, but he's fast, and he tackles like no one's business. But for all that, the number of times I've seen him make a difference for Arsenal by an intricate piece of passing followed by a 40-50 yard run into the box is unreal. He's a really great midfielder.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
The only thing i worry about is Vieira falling victim to a new type of nutmeg: where the player and ball both pass through his legs

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
:D It's be quite amusing alright. Maybe if Abrahamovic could convince Zola to come out of hiding...

A few more pictures:

Here he's attempting to remove Pienaar's foot.

Having just creamed Micky Owen:

Finally, one of him and Petit with the pre-98 contents of Arsenal's trophy cabinet. ;)

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
I feel like I've never seen Vieira at his best and contrary to what people say I never thought he was that good. Or perhaps I just fail to appreciate the defensive midfielder role.

yeah same here. I never managed to see a game where he was the driving force all by himself.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
i think he's 28 or 29. someone will correct me, i'm sure ;)

i dont see vieira leaving arsenal, and if he ever leaves.....certainly not for juve

gray

Apr 22, 2003
28. I think he's got good football left in him though, and he'd be able to fortify our midfield extremely well. But we're not gonna get him, so i shan't bother talking anymore about how good he'd be for us

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
28. I think he's got good football left in him though, and he'd be able to fortify our midfield extremely well. But we're not gonna get him, so i shan't bother talking anymore about how good he'd be for us
Well said Graham. I think we can leave it at that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)