Vieira: We have to win (1 Viewer)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Patrick Vieira says he is not surprised that fate has conspired to take him back to Highbury.

The Juventus enforcer will return to North London at the end of March after Arsenal were paired with the Bianconeri in the UEFA Champions League quarter finals.

He admitted that it will be an emotional occasion, but added that his concentration will be focused purely on beating his former paymasters.

"At times fate can surprise you," he confessed, "but I had a feeling this might happen.

"Obviously it will be a very personal challenge for me, particularly to go back to Highbury as [a member of] the opposition.

"But, putting my emotions aside, I can only think about the fact that we have to win."

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
im a little worried about playing Arsenal, we are terrible when we play English sides and they have a good record against Italians.

Also, how will our slow defence cope with the pace of Henry and Ljunberg?

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
damn straight we have to win, i live in greater london, so if we loose i am gna get big insults from arsenal fans :cry:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Il Re said:
damn straight we have to win, i live in greater london, so if we loose i am gna get big insults from arsenal fans :cry:
I know exactly how you feel mate, I'm going to have to go into solitary confinement for a couple of months if we go out against the Gunners.

Oh the shame. :frown2::sigh:

del pietro

Aug 13, 2005
Its different this time.. Vieira can help Juve break them down. Vieira knows their gameplay, he knows the players and can exploit their weaknesses. I think Arsenal would not have wanted to face us for this very reason. But you never never know in football. Anything can happen.

OP
Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #12
    rokkstar said:
    Vieira would defntly be our inside man on the gooners game style...
    arsene wenger knows his stuff, he can change formation & tactics if necessary unlike capello, who would actually see that the team is in dire need of subs but would stick to his beloved zlatan.

we should win it, but give the gunners a whole lot more respect.

Mar 19, 2006
    Boksic said:
    im a little worried about playing Arsenal, we are terrible when we play English sides and they have a good record against Italians.

Also, how will our slow defence cope with the pace of Henry and Ljunberg?
    Not to mention the rest:

Reyes
    Cole
    Hleb
    Eboue
    Robin van Persie
    etc etc

It will be a tough match..im confident that Arsenal wil progress but we musnt switch off against Juve..the lucky old lady [werder bremen should be through!]:p

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    London Gunners said:
    Not to mention the rest:

Reyes
    Cole
    Hleb
    Eboue
    Robin van Persie
    etc etc

It will be a tough match..im confident that Arsenal wil progress but we musnt switch off against Juve..the lucky old lady [werder bremen should be through!]:p

Get as confident as you like! We aint gonna be push overs. :p

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    Ever seen a real life one man band? ........No! Well go to Highbury on a saturday afternoon then you will. They should change the Name Arsenal Football Club To Thierry Henry Football club. It just seems to be him doing everything. What will you be like without him?? Hope you dont get 4th place neither.

Happy days!

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
    Arsenal has a lot of very talented , fast and young players who are hungry for success. They have no chance to win the league so they will be very motivated in the cl.

Sep 28, 2002
    Moggi D'Messiah said:
    Ever seen a real life one man band? ........No! Well go to Highbury on a saturday afternoon then you will. They should change the Name Arsenal Football Club To Thierry Henry Football club. It just seems to be him doing everything. What will you be like without him?? Hope you dont get 4th place neither.

Happy days!
    last time we were one man team we reached the final..:pumpkin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)