Vieira gassed in robbery (4 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Next Nick's Juventuz poll when he asks, "Which Juventuz member are you most likely to go in with on a heist?", remind me not to pick you, Andries. ;)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Desmond said:
Why wouldn't they? Driving a car with a wanted license plate is basically a headlight saying "I stole this car", and there's no chance of selling it whatsoever the moment news gets out.
Why not change the license plate? Surely an expensive car is worth some effort. It's not as if things like these aren't planned.

Besides, if that were the reason, why taking the car in the first place? Would have been more reasonable to just come along with some sort of mini-bus, now wouldn't it? If you're going to abondon it, why do as much as carry dead weigth when you're driving it?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
swag said:
Next Nick's Juventuz poll when he asks, "Which Juventuz member are you most likely to go in with on a heist?", remind me not to pick you, Andries. ;)
If I wouldn't just sell the car, I'd at least sell the parts. Besides, you'd get at least one whole night to cover it up somewhere. Doesn't make sense throwing that much money away just like that.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Five people held in Vieira gas raid

French police were yesterday holding five people suspected in the robbery of Patrick Vieira's home while the France and Juventus midfielder and his family were knocked out by gas.

Burglars took jewels and a Mercedes from Vieira's home near Cannes late on Saturday, police said. Five people suspected of involvement in the theft were arrested in Nice yesterday morning. The car, with British plates, was found in Nice on Sunday.

Gas was pumped into the house to keep the Vieiras asleep - but after a health check, the midfielder was back in training with the France World Cup squad.

His wife Cheryl and daughter Cheries were both recovering at home, and police said there should be no long-term medical effects of the drugging.

"There was a break-in at Mr Vieira's home, during which jewellery was stolen," a police spokesman in Cannes said. "The burglars then escaped in Mr Vieira's Mercedes."

The car was found abandoned along the coast in Nice, and police said there was no evidence that the thieves had deliberately targeted the Vieira family.

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/news/article571624.ece

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
First of all, why is Vieira living in Cannes? From there it's quite a ride to training every day. :D

Second of all, why Football Italia named the title as "Vieira gassed in robbery" when Vieira the football player wasn't anywhere near the place? I hate these artificial news headlines which are planned to deceive the reader.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
jussiut said:
First of all, why is Vieira living in Cannes? From there it's quite a ride to training every day. :D

Second of all, why Football Italia named the title as "Vieira gassed in robbery" when Vieira the football player wasn't anywhere near the place? I hate these artificial news headlines which are planned to deceive the reader.
It's post-season. He probably has a home in Turin too.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Miss Dangerous* said:
This is the most bad season ever..
all we hear about 'Juve' are problems..
since we`ve gone out the Champions Leage..
OHH 'I`ve had enough'...
Drama queen.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Desmond said:
Why wouldn't they? Driving a car with a wanted license plate is basically a headlight saying "I stole this car", and there's no chance of selling it whatsoever the moment news gets out.
I guess the next logical question would be... why would they steal the car in the first place? You might say that they used it as a getaway vehicle, but then... how did they get to the Vieiras' in the first place?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
gray said:
I guess the next logical question would be... why would they steal the car in the first place? You might say that they used it as a getaway vehicle, but then... how did they get to the Vieiras' in the first place?
My point exactly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)