Vieira downplays Gunners hopes (2 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Azzurri7 said:
Thats why I believe It's all about pressure and for him to performe better.
agree:agree:

what a speech:

"I've no regrets about leaving Arsenal, it's proved to be a fantastic move for me and I'm sure there are better things to come."

Jul 12, 2002
Desmond said:
Replicating that form in a midfield like Juve's is a totally different matter altogether IMO.
So what? Fabregas doesn't play for Juve, and I think that our midfield will not hav an easy task against Arsenal.

fish260

Mar 17, 2006
"I didn't ever feel confident we would win the trophy [at Arsenal], we never seemed to be complete enough, it's different at Juventus.

this is the power of juventus!

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
Beating Real is a peak performance for Arsenal, so it's going down...
And getting 1/8 final is also top performance forArsenal in CL :)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Ian said:
So what? Fabregas doesn't play for Juve, and I think that our midfield will not hav an easy task against Arsenal.
Certainly we will not have an easy task against Arsenal, point taken. Its just that Vieira's form, IMO, shouldn't be compared to Fabregas' without taking into account the respective midfields they play in.

Jul 12, 2002
Desmond said:
Certainly we will not have an easy task against Arsenal, point taken. Its just that Vieira's form, IMO, shouldn't be compared to Fabregas' without taking into account the respective midfields they play in.
It doesn't matter that much. Fabregas is as good as Vieira in Arsenal's midfield or ours. He's only getting better, too.

kaids

Mar 22, 2006
Desmond said:
Well, Vieira played in Arsenal's midfield for quite a while, he wasn't exactly brilliant in the last 2 years of it... ;)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
kaids said:
Well, Vieira played in Arsenal's midfield for quite a while, he wasn't exactly brilliant in the last 2 years of it... ;)
Like you said, he didn't perform too well only in the last two years of his career at Arsenal spanning a whole eight years, and even in those two years he was the mainstay of the team above everyone else except for maybe Henry. Says quite alot doesn't it.

Mar 23, 2006
for the strength factor, yes. Pat is obviously stronger than all of the arsenal midfield combined. hleb,fab,reyes and gilberto( hehe ).
But skillwise 2 of those 4 (hleb and fab) are far better than him.

Mar 23, 2006
and yes, for all of those players who are saying that he will be boooed or jeered. wait and you will see something that none of us has ever seen before. he was such a fu*cking legend for us that no-one in our dreams can dare to boo or jeer him, such is the class and respect for the player is, here in london.

Dom88

Nov 21, 2005
I can't wait for this game. I think too many of us are taking this game for granted. Arsenal could yet throw up a few surprises at us. We'll still win though:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)