"Vieira" could he be the one. (1 Viewer)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
sutnevuJ said:
I think you missunderstood my point, Viera is or was a superstar wich we paid big bucks for and pay him very very very high wages.

He simply isn't delivering.
Maybe. Perhaps not. I got the point that Vieira was a waste of a 6MM Euro salary and that he was the worst of our 11. Fine. My question then is whom do you replace him with?

If we sold off every player of ours who hit a bad patch of form, the only guy left on the squad would be Zambrotta. And maybe the guy has proven an ability to start in more positions than anyone else on the squad, but I don't think we are going to be able to clone the guy fast enough to fill all 11 starting slots. ;)

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Juve set sights on 'new Vieira’

Thursday 2 February, 2006

Juventus are contemplating a move for Ivory Coast international Yaya Touré, according to reports in Italy.

The combative midfielder has won over numerous admirers after a series of fine displays in the African Cup of Nations, with Chelsea and Arsenal among them.

Touré’s international teammate Didier Drogba has already reported back to manager José Mourinho with a favourable account of the player, whom he likens to Patrick Vieira.

"He is the new Vieira," said Drogba recently. "He even has the same body shape as him, as well as a similar game."

The 22-year-old, though, is said to be keen on a move to Arsenal, where he would team up with his brother Kolo.

"I am flattered by the interest that Chelsea have shown, but it would be pretty hard to beat playing alongside your brother," said the Olympiakos player recently.

Arsenal have only recently bought Auxerre midfielder Vasiriki Abou Diaby, however, and might be reluctant to invest in yet another young midfielder, even if they are still struggling to come to terms with the loss of the man to whom Touré has been compared.

Juventus, on the other hand, are interested in grooming Touré to become the successor to the Frenchman.

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
I think that the problem is that we expected the arsenal's vieira and well we haven't see him too much, but he is not playing that bad like for being the worst player in juventus.
IMO he played pretty well at the begining of the season but he had decrease his gameplay by now.

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
hambon said:
Juve set sights on ‘new Vieira’

Thursday 2 February, 2006

Juventus are contemplating a move for Ivory Coast international Yaya Touré, according to reports in Italy.

The combative midfielder has won over numerous admirers after a series of fine displays in the African Cup of Nations, with Chelsea and Arsenal among them.

Touré’s international teammate Didier Drogba has already reported back to manager José Mourinho with a favourable account of the player, whom he likens to Patrick Vieira.

"He is the new Vieira," said Drogba recently. "He even has the same body shape as him, as well as a similar game."

The 22-year-old, though, is said to be keen on a move to Arsenal, where he would team up with his brother Kolo.

"I am flattered by the interest that Chelsea have shown, but it would be pretty hard to beat playing alongside your brother," said the Olympiakos player recently.

Arsenal have only recently bought Auxerre midfielder Vasiriki Abou Diaby, however, and might be reluctant to invest in yet another young midfielder, even if they are still struggling to come to terms with the loss of the man to whom Touré has been compared.

Juventus, on the other hand, are interested in grooming Touré to become the successor to the Frenchman.
22 years...."the new Vieira"..."the successor of the frenchman"

Welcome to juventus whenever you want ;)

Jul 12, 2002
Come on, how good was Nedved his first season at Juve? Vieira may have been the wrong guy to get, but he's not a flop yet, and he's certainly part of the reason we are doing so well this season.

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
If Viera is bad, then who is good..... Viera is still the same Viera of Arsenal and the french national team.... It's so unfair to criticise a player after coming from injury....Leave the guy alone

ESS-Juventino

May 6, 2005
Vieira Still not in his 100% but without any doubt one of greatest purchase by Juventus Ever..... He gives confidence and secret power to team.
His natural born leader.... and when he plays defences feel safe and if his day comes then he rules the game... I wish he stay here until end of his career.
Give him time and he wil become greatest. he is 29 and dont forget Nedved won ballon d'or at 32.. he has 4-5 years in front. I just love him.

Juventus jersey suits him very very much.................Forza patrick.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
hambon said:
Juve set sights on ‘new Vieira’
Is it just me, or are you all tired of "new <insert name here>" players?

Personally, give me the old one, thank you very much. Enough of the comparison hype.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
swag said:
Is it just me, or are you all tired of "new <insert name here>" players?

Personally, give me the old one, thank you very much. Enough of the comparison hype.
:agree:

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
swag said:
Maybe. Perhaps not. I got the point that Vieira was a waste of a 6MM Euro salary and that he was the worst of our 11. Fine. My question then is whom do you replace him with?

If we sold off every player of ours who hit a bad patch of form, the only guy left on the squad would be Zambrotta. And maybe the guy has proven an ability to start in more positions than anyone else on the squad, but I don't think we are going to be able to clone the guy fast enough to fill all 11 starting slots. ;)
-------------------Buffon

Zambrotta---Thuram---Canna---Zambrotta1

Zambrotta2---Viera---Emerson----Zambrotta3

--------------Trezeguet-------Mutu

That looks like a championship team to me too! :D

I bet he could really play, in ALL positions..cm and cf/f also

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
ESS-Juventino said:
Vieira Still not in his 100% but without any doubt one of greatest purchase by Juventus Ever..... He gives confidence and secret power to team.
His natural born leader.... and when he plays defences feel safe and if his day comes then he rules the game... I wish he stay here until end of his career.
Give him time and he wil become greatest. he is 29 and dont forget Nedved won ballon d'or at 32.. he has 4-5 years in front. I just love him.

Juventus jersey suits him very very much.................Forza patrick.
now that's what I call support!

Spot on, God damnit :)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Article from arsenal.rivals.net, Dennis Bergkamp on Patrick Vieira:

By IKE !
Date: 6/2/2006

Dennis Bergkamp has bemoaned the sale of Vieira to Juve, without a ready made replacement being brought in. He said: "You can't just let Patrick go without having someone coming in.

"You respect Arsene for what he has done, that is for sure. But to tell the truth you thought something would happen - and nothing did."

"When you hear he is going to be sold you try to think of a team without him.

"And you have the confidence in the board and the coach that they have something in mind.

"Arsene is intelligent enough to know what that did to the team. People saw how influential Patrick was on the pitch, dominating midfield by
himself.

"But people also forget how he was off the pitch, how impressive he was in the dressing room, and how important he was for every other player, young and old. I think a lot of people underestimated that."

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
i think he is doing fine, ok not 100% but still one of the best players in the team. and i think he benifited from the susp. i hope he get back better than before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)