"Vieira" could he be the one. (1 Viewer)

sutnevuJ

Aug 6, 2005
About a week after his purchase, there was a thread here about him and i was the one that posted my opinion that he was ove the hill and he was generally too slow to handle the midfield pressure in Italy.

I was immediately flamed for saying this and without mentioning any names, i was told that the midfield in england is much tougher and that he would kill it in italy :)

Well well well, we are in the second part of the season and so far no good Patrick :eyebrows:

I want to know what you guys think about his overall performance so far and what your opinions are of his future with us.

This guy is getting about 6 million euros a year, think about it and so far he isn't even worth 20% of that.

Im not the only one thinking this way, the italian news papers and football tv shows have mentioned this as well.

Last sunday on " La Domenica Sportiva" he was labelled as the worst player in the first 11 so far in this season for Juventus, thats pretty bad considering he is the most expensive player.

I have watched every single game this year and every game i have been dissapointed with his performance's, even when he has scored.

Here's a funny one, i always thought Emerson was very slow and uncoordinated but next to Viera, Emerson looks great :)

I just dont want him to end up as one of the biggest flops for Juve and Moggi.

What are your opinions on this matter........

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
I never really expected Vieira to be a flop or a revelation, but to be for the most part lukewarm with ups and downs, which has pretty much been the case for this season. Of course it is far too early to already pass a verdict, and I'd wait until the end of the season at least before assessing his value to this team.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
vieira in the beginning was very good but has slumped down a little now..not the worst player but lets see if hell improve now..

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

imo vieira i having a good season. maybe too much was expected from him, after all he is a strong defensive midfielder, not a zizou type of player. his work doesn't catch the eye much. he has scored game winning goals, provided some important assists. like i said i'm pleased with his performances. but then again, i never expected him to be "the one" or anything like that, i expected him to strenghten our midfield and imo he has done that.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I don't agree with what the media is saying,Vieira is not the Vieira we saw at Arsenal, but he is definitly helping the team,and specially yesterday's match against Roma,he was one of the best players.I like it when he dribles and goes forword.I can say he is definitly not the worst first team player of Juventus,not even close there.

OP
sutnevuJ

sutnevuJ

Aug 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #9
    swag said:
    Vieiri or...

Ruben "Yellow Card" Olivera?

Blasi?

Giannichedda?

Need I say more?
    Vieri: did not cost us a packet and actually scored a fair amount of goals when he played.

Ruben: was dirt cheap and he's a young player and ok yeah he's problematic

Giannichedda : very cheap def/mid allrounder with some experience

Blasi: Cheap and young bulldog.

I think you missunderstood my point, Viera is or was a superstar wich we paid big bucks for and pay him very very very high wages.

He simply isn't delivering.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    sutnevuJ said:
    Vieri: did not cost us a packet and actually scored a fair amount of goals when he played.

Ruben: was dirt cheap and he's a young player and ok yeah he's problematic

Giannichedda : very cheap def/mid allrounder with some experience

Blasi: Cheap and young bulldog.

I think you missunderstood my point, Viera is or was a superstar wich we paid big bucks for and pay him very very very high wages.

He simply isn't delivering.
    I think he is delivering.

and vtw,Ruben Olivera was not a dirt cheap as you called,I think we paid something bwteeen 5 to 7 milion$ if it wasn't more.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    As a response to your first post, I always thought that Emerson was a brilliant midfielder, one of the best in the world. Maybe you just don't like defensive midfielders?

Oh, and it's spelled Vieira.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
    Apr 22, 2005
    I dont see Paddy delivering the goods like he did at Highbury......he has been far below my expectations. I remember a Lion like presence he used to command in midfield at arsenal.....now he is just another tall player who fouls and falls alot.....Mabey he isnt used to the hard hitting of the calcio.....But hey he was a hard tackler at arsenal......I really want to know what happened with him....and i really want to see him back on form for the CL at LEAST.....

Little off topic......Neddy needs to get back too....he has been slacking in the focus department

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    i think Vieira has been good, he started the season Brilliantly and is just in a bit of a slump at the mo. You have to take into account that he has scored some important goals for us this season.

Also, the fact that Emerson has been playing so well recently is probably due to him having a good centre midfield partner in Vieira. He can rely on him(instead of Blasi) which gives Emo more freedom.

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
    the most important thing is for a player not to loose the ball when talking about the midfield and viera obviously knows how to keep the ball while blasi looses many balls in the middle thats why we bought him and also he has a huge presence in the pitch even if he is of fform so it was always gonna be a good buy imo

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    I think that somethimes a player needs a season to get use to his new team, in the case of Vieira its even more if we consider understanable the long time he spend in Arsenal,I mean remember when Nedved came to Juve, his first season was awful, but in the second season at the club he was incredible, maybe Vieira is the same case

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    Viera had allready scored cruicial 4 goals and had some nice assists. and this is something we did not see for years from our central midfielders.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    For some reason, he's the kind of player I feel, will bring us the extra dimension in the Champions League rather than the Serie A. On both counts though, I think we need to give him an entire season to give him a fair yardstick.

Eddy

The Maestro
    Aug 20, 2005
    mnementh said:
    He has 4 goals and I think that's very nice :)
    Btw, his best was after an assist from Del Piero vs Udinese :) I'm hoping for a rerun.
    hopefully in the coming udinese match

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)