Video Editing (1 Viewer)

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
I managed to capture a short clip from TV, and saved it as an .avi. But there's certain portion on the clip which I want to censor or make blur (throughout the whole clip). How do I do that? Which program/s can I use? I have Adobe Premiere, and if it could be done from there, how?

Thanks in advance.

-S-

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
There's a program called Virtualdub wich is great for the thing you describe. You need to download the Region remove filter to do this.

How to use: Extract the Region remove filter into the plugins folder in Virtualdub. Start Virtualdub - Open the file - go to video/filters - add - region remove - use the show preview button to get the best result - when done press ok - ok again - go to video and choose direct stream copy - go to File/save as avi. The area is now blurred :)

OP
Sarah_old

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    Wow! Thanks so much, Nekton. I've been using Virtual Dub for quite a while now, but didn't even know it can do these stuff :)

<--goes to try that out

Thanks again :)

-S-

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
    No problem Sarah :)

That's the great thing about virtualdub, with all these filters you can do almost anything. I just love it :cool:

OP
    Sarah_old

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    Nekton, I'm getting:

"Filters cannot be used if the video mode is not set to Full processing Mode" :confused:

It worked in the preview though. I saved it anyway, and when I playback, the blur is not there (??)

-S-

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
    Hehe, sorry about that :embarass: Of course to make the filter work you need to use full processing mode. DivX is a recommended compressor ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)