Very Interesting Fact (1 Viewer)

UltraGeo

Aug 5, 2003
Hey everyone,

I just registered into this forum, but I've been involved in the juventuz network for a while already... I write articles for juventuz.com under the nick "supergeo"... Dunno if anyone here has read them.

I want to kick off my "forum life" with an interesting fact: out of all the top teams in Europe, Juve is the only one not to be named after its town (its full name is just Juventus Football Club):cool:. Inter, I think, is Internazionale di Milano, so that doesn't count. Olympiakos is Olympiakos piraeus, and so on... Can anyone find an exception?

I dare you guys:D:D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
hee hee <bows> :angel:

anyway, yr not really new and all that but welcome here :)

:party::party::party:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Nevermind... Arsenal aren't a top team....

thats so true!!!

i actually like the fact that we are not named after our town or city. it makes us more unique!

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
yes more unique but then it gives the feel that juve belong less to their city. A person living in a city with 2 football clubs, 1 which carries the city's name and the other doesn't......u get the pic?

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
that is true indeed Al Harbi. many hate juve in torino.

sunshine, Torino can carry the name of the city, but they dont compare to juve in terms of a club overall.

like i said, we are unique.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
it odd..isn't it..?
Juve.. one of the most successful clubs in the world.. and has one of the largest fan-base in the world... are the second team to support in their own city.. :eek:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Yeah. Add to that the fact that we are more popular in the city of Milano than either Milan OR Inter and the freakshow is complete :D

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++
Urrmmmm that's hard :stress: :D

Arsenal FC? They are from london no?
Arsenal are named after the neighbourhood Arsenal in London so they don't count :D Same with Chelsea and Fulham.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
:LOL::LOL: i diddn't know that Erik.

So we r the most special :angel::cool:

And Al Harbi, i've hread that thats the case for lot of Cities...

Eg..... people in Manchester surpport Man city more than Man u

people in Madrid surpport Atletico Madris more than Real madrid.....

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Yeah. Add to that the fact that we are more popular in the city of Milano than either Milan OR Inter and the freakshow is complete :D
I do believe Inter is #1 in Milano but we are #2 :D

OP

UltraGeo

Aug 5, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18
    Nice fact, Erik... Hehehe, then there ain't any other team with a non-city related name...

I read that a survey showed that 1 out of 3 italians is a Juve fan. 1/3 of Italy follows juve!

It's clear that Juve is by far the most popular Italian team... Internationally, I would say only Manutd, Real and Barcelona surpass us in terms of popularity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)