Verdicts about the summer campaigns... (1 Viewer)

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Maybe it's a bit early, but let's compare our transfer campaign with other big clubs in Serie A.

Juventus

IN:
Kapo, Emerson, Cannavaro, Chiellini, Zebina, Capello, Zlatan, Blasi

OUT:
Davids, Maresca, Chiellini, Benjamin etc.

Verdict: Awesome transfer market from Juventus, Moggi did great job again despite the lack of confidence from fans. ( screw you Moggi-haters! ) Juventus made the best transfer of this summer with Capello, Emerson and specially with Cannavaro. Zlatan's acquiring is still a mystery to me personally, I wonder who he'll react when he'll sit on the bench as Trezegol's sub. And I wonder why the hell didn't we get better one (Gilardino) since we obviously had the money. Anyway, my verdict is really positive...

From scale 0-10, I'll give us 9 and a half

AC Milan

IN:
Stam, Dhorassoo, Crespo... ?!

OUT:
Yeah, who left?!

AC Milan strenghtened their squad too, and now they have even more depth in their squad. We'll definitely face though competition form Milano this year, and their defense seem to be pure diamond, as a winner of last season they'll be the team that everybody wants to win this season... Probably signing Crespo made me wonder the most, probably this means trouble to Pippo, I don't know...

Verdict: 9

Inter Milan

IN:
Davids, Veron, Cambiasso, Burdisso, Favalli, Mihaijlovic, Ze Maria, Choutos, Mancini, Carini

OUT:
Cannavaro, Brechet, Dalmat, Okan, Helveg, Kallon, Adani, Almeyda, Gamarra, Zaccheroni

As usual, Inter bought way too many players this year. If you look barely at the names, they'll have brilliant squad, but come to think of it, they have no tradition of winning and they changed too much, once again... Surely watching Derby d'Italia for example will be interesting, but I can't see them winning Lo Scudetto this year... They lack team spirit, they have just way too many stars in their squad, and probably the wage bill is just huge... Selling Cannavaro was just hilarious... Stupid Moratti...

Verdict: 8

As Roma

IN:
Mexes, Ferrari, Prandelli, Völler, Brighi, Mido... ?!

OUT:
Capello, Emerson, Chiellini, Samuel, Lima... ?!

Roma were forced to sell some of their stars, but at least they managed to keep Totti... First Capello left for free and then Prandelli quited due to family problems. Baldini and Sensi managed to get awesome back-ups for those who left, but it takes some time from them to adapt to the team, so at least I don't expect them to do miracles this season. But I've got to admit that at least they didn't go straight to hell, they certainly did their best...

Verdict: 8

gray

Apr 22, 2003
cos the thread didn't exist until just then :)

merged

EDIT: And now we're back to square one :wallbang:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Irrelevant posts deleted.

I don't think you can call Roma's dealings a ten. They've done fantastically well to avoid a total collapse of their team, but that doesn't negate the fact that they had to make the buys they did just to stand still.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I don't agree. Many teams will have done brilliantly within their limitations, but what we should be measuring (or lobbing guesses at!) is how their transfer dealings have helped the team. To give them a ten ignores the fact that they've lost a number of excellent players and that their team is no better than before - probably even worse. What kind of "successful" transfer campaign leaves you with a worse team than before?

juvefc_robin

Jun 15, 2003
With Miccoli, Di Viao, Conte, Maresca out of the sqaud I think that Juve is very stupid. Common, 3 of these players are great players, and 1 of them is a legend, a real Juventino. Zebina, Kapo, sorry but what is their function. Allright, Cannavaro, Emerson and Zlatan are great but we lost very important players. Also we lost Janku, Oddo, Inzaghi (s) who would fit perfectly in Juve. First, I must see if Juve is ready for the next season, I'm not very optimistic.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'm certainly satisfied. Zebina and Kapo are useful additions, while we've brought in class players for each area in Cannavaro, Emerson, and Ibrahimovic.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
I don't agree. Many teams will have done brilliantly within their limitations, but what we should be measuring (or lobbing guesses at!) is how their transfer dealings have helped the team. To give them a ten ignores the fact that they've lost a number of excellent players and that their team is no better than before - probably even worse. What kind of "successful" transfer campaign leaves you with a worse team than before?
Agreed. Even though they've signed some good players, losing Emerson and Samuel (who Capello earlier admitted were the backbone of the squad he was building at Roma) won't be easy to recover from at all. Roma will be praying that their new signings adapt to the squad and the league quickly, otherwise their defensive frailties will stick out like a sore thumb

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
i take back any of my comments about moggi being a bastard, i now love the man :D

personally i think we did very well, i never even really cared for miccoli anyway, and i certainly didnt like di vaio.

im most excited to see what zlatan can do here, especially if he plays against ajax

gray

Apr 22, 2003
regardless of whether you liked Miccoli and Di Vaio or not, you can't deny that we're lacking players in that position. After we signed Zlatan, I thought our attack was just right, but now I'm not so sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)