Verdicts about the summer campaigns... (1 Viewer)

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
regardless of whether you liked Miccoli and Di Vaio or not, you can't deny that we're lacking players in that position. After we signed Zlatan, I thought our attack was just right, but now I'm not so sure.
thats true, seeing as del piero is sure to get injured as always (not trying to start an argument dont respond to this).

i know it isnt winning 11, but how would juve play with 1 forward in a game? (if we were to try id say against someone like lecce)

scrap that its a bad idea your right we need more attackers, but im happy with getting zlatan, especially after that cool movie nekton made :D

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
++ [ originally posted by juvefc_robin ] ++
With Miccoli, Di Viao, Conte, Maresca out of the sqaud I think that Juve is very stupid. Common, 3 of these players are great players, and 1 of them is a legend, a real Juventino. Zebina, Kapo, sorry but what is their function. Allright, Cannavaro, Emerson and Zlatan are great but we lost very important players. Also we lost Janku, Oddo, Inzaghi (s) who would fit perfectly in Juve. First, I must see if Juve is ready for the next season, I'm not very optimistic.
nope, its a wonderfull summer transfer campaign...now we have the best juventus ever!:D

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
I think our summer campaign is an 8 out of 10.

It could have been a ten if we had got rid of many players such as: Pessotto, Del Piero, Birindelli, Le Grottaglie, Iuliano, Montero, Camoranesi and Zalayeta (let alone Baiocco and Salas) who present no further utility.

If we also had kept Chiellini, Maresca and Miccoli and had bought Jankulovski.

I think the team will perform well. Because it is built on the best of old Juventus with outstanding world class new entries. And, do not forget, the driver is Fabio Capello.

Xziz

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
Giving Roma a 10? Please? We're far better than them.
yes, we're far better than them, but they did brilliant work during the summer, worked perfectly within their resources...

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
now that we had to sell 50% of Miccoli too, I'll give us only 9... But anyway, we're much stronger than last year, I'm satisfied even if I prefferred Janku+Inzaghino for example over Zlatan...

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Transfer is definetely one easy way to improve the team but there are other ways and very underappreciated one to do such job as well: Developing young players.
I think Roma will have very competitive team that can fight major honours to win in Italia and Europe. They probably lack sqaud depth to do it but their starting 11 oozes with class and has bags of potential. Cassano, IMO, is one the verge of taking Europe by the storm, and Totti is in peak of his career bar minor lapses with sanity.:D. Chivu is only going to get better, and as long as Mexes, Ferrari can make the transition, they might prove to be the best buy of the summer. Mancini is a fantastic winger who will only improve, and De Rossi with 2 major tournament under his belt will be a real asset. It is hard to judge transfer campaign because the effect often lasts more than a year, and hence when we evaluate it we must take the potential of signing as well as current impact they will make.
In this sense, I think Roma did remarkable job and more than just replacing their superb players.
Inter also had relatively good transfer campaign given the fact that they have spent very little cash. Beside, their major signing was already done last January in Adriano and Dejan Stankovic. Stankovic, Davids, Veron, Ze Maria/ Van der Meyde forms arguably the best midfield in Serie A this year. And who knows what Adriano can achieve. He is arguably the best player Serie ATM IMO.
I think this Scudetto race is too close to call but I do give Moggi credit for what he has done. It hasnt been smooth all along but in the end he did give us a competitive team. Nonetheless, I still believe Milan is in stronger position than us ATM. Our young players will be key.

Jul 28, 2002
ill give a 6:

Good points:
-Canna:topclass cb, with a wealth of experince at a low price.
-Zlatan:say no more
-Kapo:hopefully we could better utilise his abilities and make him a regular.
-Cap: again say no more.
-Olivera:gettin playing time over camo, nice to see.
-Emo:hopefully oust tac from the main central midfielder.

Bad:
-Lost:enzo, 6million purchace Chillini and micco....our three top youngsters.
-Gave: away brighi.
-Still relying on old knackers like monty,luliano,pessotto,and mediocre players like tac, zala, ferrar(too old to be as good),leggo, zebina, camo..the list goes on.
-failed to solve the age old problem of lack of young, talented defenders...missed out on bargains in mexes and ferrari, also ujfalusi and trabelsi.
-Failed to sign a player who was clearly desperate to play for us, who would have given soo many options and improved play considerably..jank.

Overall....we pulled of some huge moves, but imo, they kinda miss the point, we still lack width AND youngsters in defence.

This is only a preliminary judgement, a proper one will be made at the end of the seaosn , further on where i ahve actually been able to see the perform.

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
ill give a 6:

Good points:
-Canna:topclass cb, with a wealth of experince at a low price.
-Zlatan:say no more
-Kapo:hopefully we could better utilise his abilities and make him a regular.
-Cap: again say no more.
-Olivera:gettin playing time over camo, nice to see.
-Emo:hopefully oust tac from the main central midfielder.

Bad:
-Lost:enzo, 6million purchace Chillini and micco....our three top youngsters.
-Gave: away brighi.
-Still relying on old knackers like monty,luliano,pessotto,and mediocre players like tac, zala, ferrar(too old to be as good),leggo, zebina, camo..the list goes on.
-failed to solve the age old problem of lack of young, talented defenders...missed out on bargains in mexes and ferrari, also ujfalusi and trabelsi.
-Failed to sign a player who was clearly desperate to play for us, who would have given soo many options and improved play considerably..jank.

Overall....we pulled of some huge moves, but imo, they kinda miss the point, we still lack width AND youngsters in defence.

This is only a preliminary judgement, a proper one will be made at the end of the seaosn , further on where i ahve actually been able to see the perform.

I totally agree with you John #10. I mean, it is time to move on with the host of players that have a contract with Juventus but are not up the task. Find a way to let them go. Somebody will sign them up.

I cannot believe Moggi sold half of Chiellini, Maresca, and Miccoli!!! for peanuts, while we have been paying pharaonic salaries to Salas (3.9 a year), and to a lesser extent to Baiocco just to keep them out of sight.

Let alone the other host of players who do not perform, including Iuliano, Montero, Camoranesi, Le Grottaglie, Birindelli, Pessotto, Tacchinardi, Del Piero etc.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
:LOL: so you are with the guys in Inter-forum, who claimed to me that Inter for example had a better transfer market than we did?!

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Its too premature to give a verdict on this summer campaign. We'll have a clearer picture in a month or two from now.

However, if i had to rate this campaign though, id give it a 6\10.
Giving Maresca and Miccoli away and saving old haggard defenders have left the squad unbalanced, with no depth whatsoever. And the key to long seasons that we are usually used to, we need one thing and that is depth.

The players to look out for:
Emerson: We already know what he's capable of.
Zlatan: Ditto.

My picks would be Appiah and Kapo. I seriously think, Kapo is the player to look out for this season. While Appiah needs a breath of fresh air to his game, and Capello may provide it. Although i also wonder if it would be a good idea to play Appiah in defense.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Losing Chiellini, Maresca, and Miccoli is a huge negative, but overall we've enjoyed a solid transfer campaign imo. Zebina and Kapo will come in handy and offer more depth to the side, while Cannavaro, Emerson, and Ibrahimovic are simply top class buys. Before all is said and done those three players will have made their mark on this season.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Losing Chiellini, Maresca, and Miccoli is a huge negative, but overall we've enjoyed a solid transfer campaign imo. Zebina and Kapo will come in handy and offer more depth to the side, while Cannavaro, Emerson, and Ibrahimovic are simply top class buys. Before all is said and done those three players will have made their mark on this season.
At least IMO selling half of Chiellini was a wonderful thing to do, at least now he gets to play, we'll get him back if he'll become good enough... :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)