Van der Vaart (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
He's not an utility for 4-4-2,never was and never will be. He's a pure AMC assigned with a free role....and last night he showed what he can do there. Worth of changing the system IMO.
worth changing system?? OMG... so you'd prefer leaving out giovinco, leaving camo defending on the right? Face it people, we don't need him! god, i hate it when people just want to force one man into a system. we need a CM, not an AM. I said it once and i'll say it again and again and again. VdV is awesome, don't get me wrong, but if we have to pay 20mio to get him, and then change ALL of our attacking style (which will leave big risks since we don't know how that will work), then where is the advantage??

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
worth changing system?? OMG... so you'd prefer leaving out giovinco, leaving camo defending on the right? Face it people, we don't need him! god, i hate it when people just want to force one man into a system. we need a CM, not an AM. I said it once and i'll say it again and again and again. VdV is awesome, don't get me wrong, but if we have to pay 20mio to get him, and then change ALL of our attacking style (which will leave big risks since we don't know how that will work), then where is the advantage??
We need him alright.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
We need him alright.
no we don't need him. There's a difference in 'being good' and 'being needed'. We need someone who can take the ball in short-range from sissoko. Van der Vaart just does NOT do these things. Playing vdv would mean changing our complete midfield. If you guys want that, then you're not a juve-fan but a van der vaart fan.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Vdv was far from "amazing"...Kuyt, RVN, Sneijder and Engelaar were the real stars of the show...too many times he was trying to showboat, and got his ass laid out

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
no we don't need him. There's a difference in 'being good' and 'being needed'. We need someone who can take the ball in short-range from sissoko. Van der Vaart just does NOT do these things. Playing vdv would mean changing our complete midfield. If you guys want that, then you're not a juve-fan but a van der vaart fan.
1) van der Vaart comes back for the ball, could take it from Sissoko, and then distribute it wherever he wants, which is what he has always done for every side he's played for.

2) So yes, he does do those things.

3) We do need a player who does these things because... we don't have a player who does these things except for Giovinco who may or may not be able to do that yet.

4) I want to change our formation, so I guess I'm not a Juventus fan.

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
Van der Vaart is limited in his fitness ability. I think Alonso would suit us much better. Also bringing in Van der Vaart would decrease the chances of our Juve boy Giovinco.

Van der Vaart is a Zingaro, for real :D

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
1) van der Vaart comes back for the ball, could take it from Sissoko, and then distribute it wherever he wants, which is what he has always done for every side he's played for.

2) So yes, he does do those things.

3) We do need a player who does these things because... we don't have a player who does these things except for Giovinco who may or may not be able to do that yet.

4) I want to change our formation, so I guess I'm not a Juventus fan.
so you want vdv to get the ball from where sissoko wins it (somewhere in front of our defense), then run up to his (native) AM position (with the ball of course) and then do his fancy distributions. great tactic! that surely will work, because he's vdv!
I'm not saying you're not a juve-fan, but you just can't force anyone into every squad. vdv is not compatible with our gio/neddy, Camo, Sisso midfield. it just doesn't work, at least not without problems. I'd prefer a player who suits to 100% our play instead of changing the tactics in order to suit our new arrivals.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
so you want vdv to get the ball from where sissoko wins it (somewhere in front of our defense), then run up to his (native) AM position (with the ball of course) and then do his fancy distributions. great tactic! that surely will work, because he's vdv!
I'm not saying you're not a juve-fan, but you just can't force anyone into every squad. vdv is not compatible with our gio/neddy, Camo, Sisso midfield. it just doesn't work, at least not without problems. I'd prefer a player who suits to 100% our play instead of changing the tactics in order to suit our new arrivals.
I don't mind switching up the lineup at all. I abhor the straight 4-4-2 anyway.

Nedved is getting too old to play and Giovinco can be used in various positions. Sure, perhaps Xabi Alonso would be the better option, but we need somebody with some fucking creativity for a change. van der Vaart is a great player would provide us with some creativity.

I'm getting so annoyed by this "we have Giovinco so we shouldn't ruin him" bullshit. Just because we buy another attacking midfield doesn't mean we're going to ruin him FFS.

If we actually want to do something this year, we need creativity and a bunch of weapons. But don't worry, we won't get VDV anyway.

narchi

Jul 2, 2006
please stop this, because it's ridiculous. We can't say that Giovinco will succeed. Most of you were sure about how good will be Almiron and Nocerino. I was 100% sure about Tiago. And most of you don't wan't to see Sissoko. But what now, every one like Sissoko and most of you whant's to see Tiago and Almiron in some other shirt. So please VDV is good, but we can't say that he will be good also in Juve shirts, but he is smaller risk then Giovinco at this moment. Maybe even tomorrow there will be tottaly different situation, but yes I'm for VDV, because I can't see that we have a chance for Diego. He is still my first wish. It will be easier also for Gio. And I will say yes also for Aquilani and Rossi if we would have a chance to get them here. They impress me in last year U21. A lot more then Nocerino and Palla.

Mar 14, 2004
How the fck do you know that? Are you a coach or just a fucked up member on this forum that has an enormous need to get smart on every occasion?

a) you're not smart
b) you're not a footie coach
c) you do not watch football cuz If you watched the game yesterday at 20.45 you would see that VDV is exactly what we lacked this season and what we desperately need next season...that is,of course; if you did watched most of the Juve games till now

Az24

Apr 28, 2008
We need someone to sit in front of the defence and orchestrate the play from deep... distribute to wide areas allowing our wingers - camo, neddy, gio to go forward and attack... (Solution Xabi alonso) Sissoko runs all over the pitch winning the balls making tackles, he doesn't always sit deep and protect the back four, plus he cannot collect the ball from deep and orchestrate proceedings with fantastic passing...

Having van der vaart will leave our defence a bit exposed as his position is to join in the attack and support the striker/s... This is what our wingers do! he won't be defending and helping out sissoko..

Mar 14, 2004
We need someone to sit in front of the defence and orchestrate the play from deep... distribute to wide areas allowing our wingers - camo, neddy, gio to go forward and attack... (Solution Xabi alonso) Sissoko runs all over the pitch winning the balls making tackles, he doesn't always sit deep and protect the back four, plus he cannot collect the ball from deep and orchestrate proceedings with fantastic passing...

Having van der vaart will leave our defence a bit exposed as his position is to join in the attack and support the striker/s... This is what our wingers do! he won't be defending and helping out sissoko..

Smartass,we brought ranieri to change capello's system of 2 dm's as I remember.

If all the top teams can play with one or even without DM's why can't we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)