Van der Vaart (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franky4Fingers

Mr. I'm Always Right
May 24, 2007
A formation that does suit Sissoko, Nedved/Gio Camo and VdV is a 4-2-3-1 formation. Problem here is that only one of DP, Trez or Amauri is able to play. But VdV could fit in a midfield like this:

--------Sissoko------?????---------
-Camoranesi---VdV---Nedved/Gio
--------------Trezeguet-------------

He is playing in the same kind of midfield in the NT

Or like this:

----Sissoko-----------?????----
----------------VdV-------------
---Camo------Trez------Nedved/Gio

Both formations with a DM or a good at tackling CM where the questionmarks are.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
A formation that does suit Sissoko, Nedved/Gio Camo and VdV is a 4-2-3-1 formation. Problem here is that only one of DP, Trez or Amauri is able to play. But VdV could fit in a midfield like this:

--------Sissoko------?????---------
-Camoranesi---VdV---Nedved/Gio
--------------Trezeguet-------------

He is playing in the same kind of midfield in the NT

Or like this:

----Sissoko-----------?????----
----------------VdV-------------
---Camo------Trez------Nedved/Gio

Both formations with a DM or a good at tackling CM where the questionmarks are.
I don't like any formation which has David up front by his lonesome.. He needs a DP type player supporting him directly and not from a wide position such as one that Camo would fullfill

Franky4Fingers

Mr. I'm Always Right
May 24, 2007
I don't like any formation which has David up front by his lonesome.. He needs a DP type player supporting him directly and not from a wide position such as one that Camo would fullfill
Trez's name was just there to fill up the forward spot. Any of our strikers can be put there. But VdV is able o fulfill the supporting role as he likes to play close to the striker(s). But my point was just that the likes of VdV, Camo, Nedved and Sissoko are able to play together.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Trez's name was just there to fill up the forward spot. Any of our strikers can be put there. But VdV is able o fulfill the supporting role as he likes to play close to the striker(s). But my point was just that the likes of VdV, Camo, Nedved and Sissoko are able to play together.
I see where your coming from but in Italy I think that a team needs to a) start with 2 midfield players able to perform adequate defensively (this doesn't mean 2 pure DM's) OR b) play a midfield that as a whole can function efficiently in all midfield aspects, thus being able to perform defensively and build play from deep in the midfield and most importantly work COLLECTIVELY as a WHOLE to achieve this

If VDV were to arrive and given that he starts and Zanetti doesn't, I dont think that any midfield formation whatsoever could work collectively as a whole to fulfill the defensive aspects of the midfield needed in Serie A football. This is because when you consider the aspects of what our whole midfield as a collective group (e.g. Sissoko, VDV, Neddy, Camo) than the defenseive aspect needed as a whole could simlpy not be achieved successfully and therefore not be able to play together

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
but where will he go ?
surely cant stay at shithouse hsv another year?
and hasnt he got one of those 1million doller leave contract clauses next year?
he'll go to whichever club is willing to dish out how ever many millions HSV want for him, which wont be that much considering his contract issues but it won't be us considering we aren't interested.. My guess would be either Valencia or somewhere in England

Az24

Apr 28, 2008
Why do you think he won't fit in our system?

He plays like Nedved. IMO! He has a very god techniqes and also he hard runner. Just like Neddy. I think he will fit in Juventus.
Because he has more of a free role and likes to play off the striker.... Takes up positions more in the middle rather then nedved who plays a majority down the wing (but i kno that nedved can play in the middle as he has done for the czechs)... Cant see VDV running up and down the left wing supplying crosses that Neddy can

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
VDV won't fit in a straight 4-4-2 as a left winger, but he would fit in well there as a forward. But we have the forward position covered up so no need there, unless we are planning for a 4-3-3.

But VDV ideally would benefit from playing in a 4-3-1-2 as an attacking midfielder behind the 2 forwards. This system would be great not just because it utilizes VDV to the max, but because it is the position where Giovinco would shine in as well. But for that to work you are going to need a very good attacking left back to run down the flank...something that Molinaro is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)