Van Der Vaart to Juve? (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Oh my word. Such ridicule.

I've said this a hundred times, I'll say it again: his mother is from Spain, he has openly stated he would love a career in that country. As a second choice, he opted for England. He said he thinks it's a great league for forwards to develop, naming Bergkamp as proof of that.

The above named examples he stressed out in EVERY important interview I have seen with him on Dutch television. Time after time after time he repeated the words "La Liga" and "Premier League".

Of course Serie A would come in third behind those two! I don't need Tuttosport or whichever phantom thereof to tell me that! A talent like Van der Vaart is not going to go to Germany or France people!!

Point remains: Van der Vaart in Serie A is HIGHLY and I repeat HIGHLY unlikely.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
As a second choice, he opted for England. He said he thinks it's a great league for forwards to develop, naming Bergkamp as proof of that.
:howler:

Bergkamp's career in England so did not do justice to his amazing talent and abilities.

Asma

Doctor Asma
Oct 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Juve100% ] ++
Juve eye van der Vaart swoop

by Paul Higham
Juventus are lining up a summer switch for Dutch maestro Rafael van der Vaart as a possible replacement for Pavel Nedved.
The Turin giants are bracing themselves for the possible departure of the Czech Republic star, who has been one of their best players throughout a disappointing season.

Should Nedved leave, Marcelo Lippi would opt for a swoop for Ajax's young star van der Vaart.

The 21-year-old is one of the hottest properties around Europe and is not expected to remain at the Amsterdam ArenA beyond the season.

"If after this season, the right offer was made to the club, then I would look at it," said van der Vaart.

"In the past, it has happened a lot with the young champions, from the immense Johan Cruyff to my friend van der Meyde.

"I will build up my experience by having a career at a large foreign club."

Van der Vaart's contract expires in 2006 but he has a clause which says he can leave this season if Ajax agree on a fee for him.

He has previously stated that he would love a move to Spain, where his mother was born, and especially Barcelona.

Juve would provide another option for him should an offer come in and he would then have to decide if he fancies plying his trade in Serie A.
he is an excellent player,one of my favourites,but i dont think he can replace Nedved..:)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
:howler:

Bergkamp's career in England so did not do justice to his amazing talent and abilities.
I beg to differ. The man changed the English attitude towards football, making skilled and technical play a must, it was no longer something foreign (I'm sure Mancunians would disagree but this I saw on a BBC report :D).

Furthermore, he plays great matches for Arsenal still! Nearly on a weekly basis as well which is highly envyable for someone of his age.

Add to that his status in the Arsenal section of London and you can't draw any other conclusion than that the man was and is highly succesful on the odd side of the North Sea.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
bergkamp,especially during the 99-02 seasons,has made himself a legend at arsenal and in the epl.

even now,he is doing quite well in a league where pace is essential,and i find that pretty impressive.

Jul 28, 2002
Bergy has the best first touch ever...period.

VDV...the ultimate dream replacement for neddy is vdv, vdv dribbles, but moves with pace and swiftness, and has a decent shot, if we got vdv i would be extatic.

Sep 28, 2002

Point remains: Van der Vaart in Serie A is HIGHLY and I repeat HIGHLY unlikely.
but why not? he wants to go to spain. bah. barca dont really need him and probably cant afford him. real wont buy him and i dont see any other contenders there.
england. chelsea - too much competition for his position. they dont need him. arsenal - only if they sell henry. but then they are more likely to buy zlatan than rafael. man u - maybe, dunno. who else? l'pool? :howler:
italy. milan or inter - no need for him. roma could jump in if totti goes to real. juve - perfect solution if nedved leaves.

so i think it is quite possible that he might come. going to any other team would be a downgrade from ajax.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Vilhelmas ] ++
but why not? he wants to go to spain. bah. barca dont really need him and probably cant afford him. real wont buy him and i dont see any other contenders there.
england. chelsea - too much competition for his position. they dont need him. arsenal - only if they sell henry. but then they are more likely to buy zlatan than rafael. man u - maybe, dunno. who else? l'pool? :howler:
There are a gazillion rumours about him going to Man Utd. These rumours just won't die, no matter what. It's usually a good indicator.

italy. milan or inter - no need for him. roma could jump in if totti goes to real. juve - perfect solution if nedved leaves.

so i think it is quite possible that he might come. going to any other team would be a downgrade from ajax.
He also stated he wouldn't mind remaining in Holland for another season.

Sep 28, 2002

There are a gazillion rumours about him going to Man Utd. These rumours just won't die, no matter what. It's usually a good indicator.
oh, that's bad then. rumours like that are not posted here and dont really look around the web for man u rumours.

He also stated he wouldn't mind remaining in Holland for another season.
which i actually think will happen.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I happen to think Ajax's shirt is the classiest on earth actually. Ever since we have the Tamoil deal, that is :groan:

Plus, I don't get decent Serie A coverage. 5 minutes of Juve per week tops :lazy:

Sep 28, 2002

Plus, I don't get decent Serie A coverage. 5 minutes of Juve per week tops :lazy:
really? that sucks. i can see all top clashes and decent share of smaller games. if i go to sport bars. the only other way is getting stallite dish. which i cant see coming in next few years.

Sep 28, 2002
I happen to think Ajax's shirt is the classiest on earth actually. Ever since we have the Tamoil deal, that is :groan:
well.... if that rumoured next season's jersey is real then is the best looking one by miles in last few seasons

OP
Juve100%

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #40
    Van Der Vaart is number one target for Man Utd now, not gonna be easy if Juve want this player since it seems he prefers the EPL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)