Van Der Sar up for sale (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Van Der Sar up for sale
Dutch international ‘keeper Edwin Van Der Sar is set to be sold by Fulham this summer. The former Juventus player has been put up for sale by Fulham owner Mohammed Al-Fayed.

Football Itali

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Van Der Sar up for sale
Dutch international ‘keeper Edwin Van Der Sar is set to be sold by Fulham this summer. The former Juventus player has been put up for sale by Fulham owner Mohammed Al-Fayed.

Football Itali
Thank god. Fulham is like the slowest sinking ship I've seen yet. Maybe Edwin will go back to Ajax like he should have in the first place.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
No chance. Ajax are short of cash and have plenty of good keepers.

They are interested in Frank de Boer though, since Chivu is set to leave next summer. Thought that might interest you, Ian. ;)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

Personally, I think the washed up choker should do the football world a favour and retire.
How could you say such a thing!?:eek::dazed:

I, like Lac, would like to see VDS in Spain. I'm sure Barca could use his services.:D:cool: Forza Van der Sar! :devil:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
VDS should hang up his gloves.....

actually, he should have never put them on to begin with!! :rolleyes:
(just picking a fight with Ian ;) )

:D

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
picking a fight with Ian
You and Paul both....

But, I would really enjoy seeing VDS at Barca, or Atletico, but I think that if he goes to spain it is more likely that he'd go to Alaves or Espanyol.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
...I, like Lac, would like to see VDS in Spain. I'm sure Barca could use his services...
Oh God no! Not if you want the poor guy to retire with his reputation intact. Barca is a 'keepers graveyard.

AFC AJAX

Mar 19, 2003
He is still one of the best keepers in the world and I hope he get a nice club like.. deportivo or something. I don't think he's going back to Ajax, bacause Ajax has 3 top-keepers (Barca and milan can learn from us :) ) and he is already +- 31 years old

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Weed Alien ] ++

i think he just wanted away from the pressures of being in a top giant club
or he had no choice BUT to go to fulham seeing that MOST big clubs had established goalkeepers, and he couldnt/wouldnt play as sub.

the whole goal-keeper-transfer business is not as easy as any other position.

fact is, we had to pay quite a bit to get buffon himself....

Mikhail: Your right, Barca's record at conceding is downright humiliating and shameful for a club of such prestige. I am not updated on their recent performance, but of the last few years, this is what I can say.

But going there wont hurt him too much IMHO.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
well he doesn't have much of a choice....it's not as if real,valencia, juve,milan,inter,man utd and arsenal are all after him or something:)

imho he's seen enough of the top level,he should just be enjoying his football now:)

Jul 28, 2002
imo, if i was a club like say.... barca or lazio, sumone who need a quality keepr shud get him. But barca shudnt cos of the pressure on vds...as said, its a keepers graveyard.

maybe a club like betis or even villa

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)