US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (5 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

At least you'll find out the results tonight....being on the west coast
hopefully, unless its like last time :groan:

from what i think i understand (50 thousand numbers on the screen on cnn is kind of confusing) it seems like florida's going to take a while again

why cant they get it together?

Petrovich

Nov 2, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Sir Sebastian ] ++

hopefully, unless its like last time :groan:

from what i think i understand (50 thousand numbers on the screen on cnn is kind of confusing) it seems like florida's going to take a while again

why cant they get it together?
Because there are too many flaws in the system. Different types of voting procedures, lack of standerds, and the overall job of counting ballots cause such confusion.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Petrovich ] ++

Because there are too many flaws in the system. Different types of voting procedures, lack of standerds, and the overall job of counting ballots cause such confusion.
in the last 4 years couldnt they have improved it at least a bit? every other state has managed to get it done as far as i know

how many electoral votes is california worth? last time it was 50 something but i dont know if its still the same

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Whoever likes Kerry can use an avatar of me holding a Kerry/Edwards sign. I dont like Kerry but my friends made me hold it. I hope its the right avatar size :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well, as of right now President Bush is leading in electoral votes 207 to 199, with Ohio and Florida looking to be in Bush's favor, especially considering that nearly all of the surrounding states have voted Republican.

If President Bush wins these two states, then this election is over.

In other news, my New-Look Los Angeles Lakers are up 42-25 with 3 minutes left in the first half :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
Whoever likes Kerry can use an avatar of me holding a Kerry/Edwards sign. I dont like Kerry but my friends made me hold it. I hope its the right avatar size :D
Fabi, what has become of you. I thought you wouldn't be caught dead holding that sign. :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Sergio ] ++
Well, as of right now President Bush is leading in electoral votes 207 to 199, with Ohio and Florida looking to be in Bush's favor, especially considering that nearly all of the surrounding states have voted Republican.

If President Bush wins these two states, then this election is over.
That seems to be the common thought. But it's still a little too early too actually say.

In other news, my New-Look Los Angeles Lakers are up 42-25 with 3 minutes left in the first half :D
:dontcare:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++

Those are things you do to be on TV!
Biting my tongue, Biting my tongue, Biting my tongue............................................................

This is starting to hurt :D

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Sergio ] ++

why on cnn does it say 197 - 188 for bush?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)