Umberto Agnelli has died (10 Viewers)

Aug 1, 2003
Fli, I think it was from cancer. BBC covered the news well, the uncrowned royal family of Italy; and also mentioned the curse of the Agnelli, though I didn't really get that part.

Seems like there's a bit confusion on who's gonna chair FIAT now that Umberto's gone

:down:

Dec 27, 2003
The success of the Agnelli dynasty is directly proportional to the numerous tragedies that have marked its history.

As I already said, Umberto's son, Giovannino, who embodied the new generation and had been appointed as the future leader of the family (a bit like John John Kennedy), died of cancer at 33. Gianni's son, Edoardo, became a drug addict and committed suicide in 2000. The Avvocato himself lost his parents when he was still a kid, his father Edoardo dying in a plane crash and his mother in a car accident. As regards Umberto, the Financial Times announced in early May that he had been diagnosed with cancer. The illness developped very fast, as he expired in a matter of weeks. And this happens at a difficult time for the Fiat Empire...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Wow.... yestrday i didnt even knew about Cpello´s deal...
When reading the other thread i found this sad news.

Its incredible how fast 2 of our most beloved members of the enterprise have gone.

Rest in peace Agnellis. :down:

IM not so happy with the cappello news now.

I think it will be fair to rename the stadium as just "Agnelli Stadium".

sutnop

Apr 24, 2003
ofcourse Cancer is herididatery its not even a disease
its a genetic defect....

ANyways this is very sad
First Gino
Then L'Avccato
and then Il Dotorre

ITs bad
Sad
terrible

With this generation of Agnelli's gone it feels like a big piece of Juve has gone to rest
:frown:

No would be a better time then ever to start with the new Generation Deschamps..

This is perhaps our most vunerable time in 25years

A lot of responsibilty rests now on Moggi
to show if he really is all the success man he is known to be...

Or else this can be an era where the Milan clubs will pass us...

RIP in Juve Heaven
:angel:

(Feel kind of stupid including smilies in this post since I think its a too mournfull topic for that)

I suggest that Juventuz.com creates a tribute page to
Gianni and Umberto Agnelli....

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Wait a sec, so there are now no more Agnelli's?
SH*T, they all died out.....so now, who owns FIAT?

Dec 27, 2003
Am I actually talking to brick walls here???

For the third time : there are PLENTY of other Agnelli's alive FFS. It's just that they only hold shares in the Fiat group without actually taking part in the management of the Empire, and are therefore not fit for the job. The only one that seems predestined for it is John Elkan, son of Alain Elkan and Margherita Agnelli and grandson of Gianni. The only obstacle is his young age (26), which means he will need a few more years before being ready to fully take over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)