UK Politics (14 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
For those who don’t know Spanish, and especially Argentinian-Uruguayan Spanish, this is what he is saying:

“The old woman son of a bitch has died, finally she ended! Loud applause to Satan who finally took her! She is no longer here! The old woman died and the English are covering her. She is dead, hard as a wood. Lying in her chamber, fucking old woman. She is finish and I had promised you that we would toast, and we are going to toast and eat sandwich. This British garbage, this Lucifer’s scumbag, this rubbish mason, has left Planet Earth and is good news for everybody. Finally dies the right person! Look, look *champagne noise* let’s toast a little bit… for the death of the rubbish queen of England, toast for everybody! The son of a bitch of his husband was already death, now she dies, and we are completely celebrating the death of every fucking English that belongs to that disgusting genocidal pirate crown… that has being a torture. This nazi son of a bitch, who when she was young admired Hitler and used to do the nazi salute, finally has reached her ending”.

All this while song Los Piratas (“the pirates”) is being listened:
Insightful share, thanks.

Toast and eat sandwiches, how very British.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Wait? The Spanish version of the name Elizabeth is Isabel? Did not know that.

Last I was this surprised was when I learned that Enrique is Henry :D
I still feel gaslit by the US education system that didn't tell me Ferdinand Magellan was actually called Fernão de Magalhães.

Yeah, for some reason it's Isabel... makes no sense to me.
I can see Isabel though...

Jul 7, 2018
Yeah, for some reason it's Isabel... makes no sense to me.
Most names from nowadays come from different adaptations made several centuries ago. For example, Mary comes from the French Marie, which comes from the Latin “Maria”, which is also an adaptation for Greek names found in the New Testament. How Elizabeth was adapted to Isabel throughout the centuries? It is not know, however, probably comes from some Latin word and, also, Elizabeth sounds also as “El Izabet” (“El” is a masculine personal pronoun in Spanish). Probably they deleted “El” (since we are talking about a woman, not a man) and changed the final t for an l, since in Spanish there are no words ending with t, or at least very few. Delete the El, change the T, and now you have “Izabel”. The s and the z are quite similar so there you have “Isabel”.

Apr 12, 2004
You're right, "Sarah" was Aramaic for "princess."

- - - Updated - - -

Most names from nowadays come from different adaptations made several centuries ago. For example, Mary comes from the French Marie, which comes from the Latin “Maria”, which is also an adaptation for Greek names found in the New Testament. How Elizabeth was adapted to Isabel throughout the centuries? It is not know, however, probably comes from some Latin word and, also, Elizabeth sounds also as “El Izabet” (“El” is a masculine personal pronoun in Spanish). Probably they deleted “El” (since we are talking about a woman, not a man) and changed the final t for an l, since in Spanish there are no words ending with t, or at least very few. Delete the El, change the T, and now you have “Izabel”. The s and the z are quite similar so there you have “Isabel”.
Dude, I'm going to sound like an absolute piece of shit American here, but I can barely get around in any language other than English, speaking is one thing, how is your written English so dope?

Jul 7, 2018
You're right, "Sarah" was Aramaic for "princess."

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, I'm going to sound like an absolute piece of shit American here, but I can barely get around in any language other than English, speaking is one thing, how is your written English so dope?
Haha thank you, I being studying English since I was a kid, in South America is essential to know English to have a good job. Yet, when I came to the US I discovered that I still have a very long path to speak it well. Also, British English and American English are quite different tbh.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
And wherever there is an "el" in Spanish, you have to ask if there was an original "al" in Arabic. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)