UK Politics (13 Viewers)

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
I suggest you be more precise in your language then.
I suggest you don't personally attached yourself to discourse, or elevate your rhetoric above the level you to which you are attaching yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

:tup:

All of that is incredibly important stuff.

If that's petty nationalism, then anybody who isn't a petty nationalist is an absolute 'tard.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not Scotland's problem, nor is it my problem, or the problem of anybody else here for that matter since we all have computers and have access to the internet (which usually costs money, ipso facto you must have basic human rights). Civil liberties arrive from independence and the creation of a bill of rights by the people and for the people. Last time I checked, the wants and desires of other parts of the UK are not necessarily those of the folks in Scotland. If this is the case, what is the logical reasoning to be against Red's argument?

Those that unfortunately do not have basic human rights will not be helped by anybody but themselves. There is no free lunch in economics, and there is no evidence in history that globalism leads to some moronic paradise. It will only compound suffering from bloated bureaucracies and oppression of anybody other than the elite class.
If you're alive and a member of the human race then inequalities are your responsibility, regardless of you accepting it.

- - - Updated - - -

I love you :touched:

And to all that say that this is not important. This is one of the few times that the people can make themselves heard through referendum in the UK. Having direct democracy instead of a representative democracy is a feking huge deal.
Well we've had representative democracy for a pretty fucking long time. Don't make this out to be something it's not, this is purely politicised selfishness, xenophobia and nationalism. If the debate were purely economic reports then it would be a great debate, but it's an emotional debate being run by nationalists (on both sides) and it's getting emotional responses. The world needs few abstract borders that help a politician's ego than more.

All both campaigns have done is convince me that Scotland should go alone because those leading the campaign are a hateful lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if you think I'm the only one saying this - everyone I know couldn't care less what scotland does and thinks the campaigns are appalling. The only groups that care are the proletariat being led by politicians and the press through blind nationalistic pride.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014

Small government - better welfare state. UK politics main point now is to be a puppet to US military campaigns and keep pushing for austerity measures against its own people.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I Wish everyone would just shut up already and stop pretending that this is in the least bit important.
such knowledge. not the least important :lol:

nato, eu, currency-question, how it will affect similar movements in other european countries, how depth and wealth (resources) are handled, what it'll do to "england's" relationship with EU ('still an empire'-thinking).

so many fancy words from ford emo, yet such lack of substance.

OP
Red

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
  • Thread Starter #427
    Wait, so Red, do you want to be free of mother England's shackles? Are you voting yes or no?
    Yes.

- - - Updated - - -

I suggest you don't personally attached yourself to discourse, or elevate your rhetoric above the level you to which you are attaching yourself.
    How foolish of me to think you were addressing me when you said 'you' when talking to me.

- - - Updated - - -

nato, eu, currency-question, how it will affect similar movements in other european countries, how depth and wealth (resources) are handled, what it'll do to "england's" relationship with EU ('still an empire'-thinking).

Stop being so hate-filled and nationalistic.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
    Yes.

- - - Updated - - -

How foolish of me to think you were addressing me when you said 'you' when talking to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop being so hate-filled and nationalistic.
    The one occurance of 'you' in anything I said to you was in the context of a collective noun for the Scottish franchise. Pretty pedantic to take offence to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Everything you just listed is the debate to be had if they gain independence, everything I have said is the debate about whether or not they should be independent. Different things entirely.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    Everything you just listed is the debate to be had if they gain independence, everything I have said is the debate about whether or not they should be independent. Different things entirely.
    How are they different things entirely?

All these issues will be subject to massive changes should Scotland gain its independence. Hence, they're unseperably intertwined with the question if it should.

OP
    Red

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
  • Thread Starter #435
    @Red - what do you think about the disparity between male and female Yes voters?
    You mean that women are more likely to vote 'no'?

Not entirely sure.

In my experience, women just seem to me more cautious and conservative.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    He's already answered that several times...

Yes, basically I just wondered what made men so different when it comes to voting on such a significant change, maybe it's the whole camaraderie or gang/pack mentality that we have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)