Jul 14, 2002
I voted:

Cech
Sagnol - Terry - Cannavaro - Zambrotta
Camoranesi - Gerrard - Robben
Ronaldinho
Eto'o - Adriano

Mourinho

The central midfield selection was difficult to make as Gerrard, Lampard, Pirlo, Xavi and Essien were all outstanding in 2005 but in the end I opted for Gerrard who has been an influential force in Rafa Benitez' CL winning Liverpool team.

Jamie Carragher has been consistently excellent at centre back for Pool for a good while now but Terry and Cannavaro were slightly better in 2005 IMO. Like Carragher, Ibrahimovic was also superb but I couldn't put him ahead of Eto'o or Adriano.

Some fans here are adamant that Gigi Buffon is still the best keeper in the world but I believe that that title belongs to Petr Cech and he was certainly Buffon's superior in 2005. Sagnol just pips Cafu, while Zambrotta, Camoranesi and Ronaldinho were to me obvious choices. I'm starting to think that I should have chosen Ji-Sung Park and not Robben because although the latter is the better player Park probably had a slightly better year. Nedved was average if you ask me.

Mourinho, Benitez and Hiddink all deserve measurable praise for their exquisite managerial performances.

Gino Genesio

Nov 14, 2004
Maresca said:
my team:

---------------buffon
--Sagnol----Terry------Canavarro---Zambrotta
--Camoranesi------Lampard---Nedved
-----------------Ronaldinho
--------------Henry------Ibrahimovic
i have the same team exept i choose the adriano - zlatan attack

but only because trez isent on the list and thats proof again that the uefa doesent know anything about soccer idem for fifa stupid pricks

mikko

Dec 9, 2004
My dream team: Buffon - Zambrotta-Cannavaro-terry-sagnol - Nedved-Lambard-Kaka-Camonaresi - Ronaldinho-Shevchenko - Coach: Hiddink

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
----------------Cech

Sagnol - Terry - Cannavaro - Zambrotta

----Camoranesi - Gerrard - Robben

--------------Ronaldinho

-------Ibrahimovic - Shevchenko

Coach: José Mourinho

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I never do. Just makes you realize that the people who mostly vote on the UEFA site haven't watched a match since 2003. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)