Uefa Team Of The Year (2 Viewers)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Juventinho said:
Guys make sure you visit http://www.uefa.com/index.html and vote for our boys in Uefa Team of the year. Its a duty for every Juventino.
I'd suggest that we actually vote for the deserving candidates, rather than attempt to rig the vote before bitching about how Beckham got voted in because he's got tonnes of empty-headed fans.

Mods please make this one sticky.
For a few days, sure.

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
I miss some players from our team...

I think Vieira CM must be in there and Fabio Capello was one of the best coach too!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I put my votes in earlier this morning. And while I intentionally tried not to stuff the ballot box for Juve players, going for the ones who performed best and deserved it, a heck of a lot of white-and-black ended up in my final votes. :thumbs:

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
It always pains me not to see Del Piero on such lists... I think he had a wonderful season. Capello, yeah... interesting his omission... many juve players though.

I voted for :

buffon
--canna--thuram-----
sangol-----zambrotta---
camoranesi---pirlo---nedved----
-----------kaka---------------
----zlatan-------toni

coach: hiddink

OP
Juventinho

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
  • Thread Starter #16
    mikhail said:
    I'd suggest that we actually vote for the deserving candidates, rather than attempt to rig the vote before bitching about how Beckham got voted in because he's got tonnes of empty-headed fans.
    Well thats what i meant but without being biaced here is my list :

GK: Buffon
    LB: Zambrotta
    RB: Cafu
    CB: Thuram
    CB: Cannavaro
    RM: Camoranesi
    CM: Pirlo
    LM: Nedved
    AM: Ronaldinho
    FW: Zlatan
    FW: Sheva

Buffon :

By far the best had a very good season last year and made some super human saves that allowed us to win the 28th scudetto specialy in the 1-0 game against Milan in the san siro. he was indeed the superman.

Zambrotta :

I dont think there is much to say here like Buffon he has been number 1 in his position for the last 2 or 3 years and i dont see a left back even close to him. Maldini deserve to win something but right now i see Madlini as a class full back on the defencive level or a class centre back but as a fullback Zambo wins this for me. Maldini deserve a big award for being one of the top footballers for at least the last 10 years. I hope he gets the next golden ball.

Cafu :

Well i voted for Cafu because Javier Zanetti wasent there. I think Javier is by far the number 1 back right in the world a player capabale of doing everything defending attacking and even scoring and creating. But from that list i definitly pick Cafu.

Thuram & Cannavaro :

Usually i'd say Nesta but remember we'r talking about 2005 and in 2005 Nesta has been very poor. His dip of form since last season has got worst in this campaign and its such a shame to see a great player like him suffering specialy before the 2006 WC. Canna and Thuram had been solid rock and even entertaining last season and along with Buffon they formed the greatest defence in Europe and if i had to choose one of them it has to be Thuram who was in my eyes the better of the super duo.anyway they both deserve this.

Nedved :

Well last season wasent his best and this season he looks in better shape but overall i think his the best amongst the options available the only one close to him is Robben.

Pirlo :

Here is a legend. a man who in my eyes tops the players who play in his position by country miles. Pirlo truly deserved his nickname the Architect this player is a living legend and a genius.

Camoranesi :

Had a superb season last year making 12 assists and coming second in the assist table after Kaka despite his defencive dutys and heavily contributing in the 28th scudetti. Camo gets the vote here maybe Juaquin is a better offencive player but Camo is a full package of magic tactical awarness and creativity also being able to defend and to play as a CM gives him much more credit.

Ronaldinho :

its shame that Kaka labeled as an am in this poll i think of him more as a forward than a midfielder. anyway obviously Ronaldinho the best of the best here.

Ibrahimovic :

One of the best if not the best forward. Super creative and made 8 goals so far in this campaign wich is to much considiring that only 15 games has passed and the record of assists of last year went to Kaka with 13 assists. Need some work on his finishing and temper if he wants to reach a legendary status someday.

Sheva :

Well i dont really care if he is on form or not the only player in this guy league is Ronaldo (when it comes to finishing specialy) he has it all and my fav full forward. If i got to choose my team then Sheva is definitly in it.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    Here is how I voted!

Buffon
    Sagnol, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta ---> Next years backline!
    Camoranesi-Lampard-Nedved
    Ronaldinho
    Zlatan-Adriano

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    Gianluigi Buffon
    Although he missed the second half of 2005 I don't feel that anyone but Gigi deserves to be voted best goalkeeper. Cech is overrated!

Willy Sagnol
    Fullbacks are starting to get rarer and rarer, if Sagnol makes it into the team of the year. Cafu has had some great matches, but also some poor ones. Sagnol is actually good in defense, which puts him above Belletti.

Gianluca Zambrotta
    Dare to question? :biggrin:

Fabio Cannavaro
    Is having his second youth after leaving Inter. He transformed the Juve defense last season. And yes, I rate him higher then Thuram.

John Terry
    I absolutely hate Chelsea and Terry, but even I have to admit that he's had a great season.

Mauro Camoranesi
    While I think that he shouldn't be in the team of the year there wasn't a better option available. He had a very good season though.

Ji-Sung Park
    Was enormously important for PSV in the Champions League. He will replace Giigs at Man Utd once he learns how to communicate with his team mates.

Steven Gerrard
    Almost beat Milan on his own.

Ronaldinho
    Remember his goals against Chelsea and Milan.

Andriy Shevchenko
    One of the most complete players in the world. I rate him higher then Henry.

Samuel Eto'o
    Although he seems to be an ass in the dressing room, he scores lots of goals - which is the most important thing for a striker.

Coach: Rafael Benitez
    He won the Champions League with Liverpool. Just compare their squad to that of Chelsea or Milan or Barcelona...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)