Uefa Jubilee - best 50 european players (1 Viewer)

OP
mate

mate

Aug 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #61
    Thank you ;)
    As you saw fans did not forget him also if he played abroad and had problems with the NT.

At number 39 came out the first goal keeper: Peter Shilton

So English players are now 3 like Italians:

Italy: 3
    England: 3
    France: 2
    Holland: 1
    Urss: 1
    Spain: 1
    Germany:1

Buy on AliExpress.com
    Dec 27, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    Bernd Schuster is regarded as one of the most talented Germans ever, its just that he always fought with authorities so much thats why he didn't play as much for the national team, he played in the euro champs in Italy in 1980 and thats about it he fought with the German Fa
    He starred fro Real madrid, Barcelona with Maradona and Athletico Bilbao

Kopa on the other hand was a right winger I think who was part of the greatest club team in history, Real Madrid with Di Stefano and Puskas
    I haven't see enough of Schuster and what I saw looked excellent, but would you put Schuster on the same level as Matthaus, Rumenigge, or Uwe Seeler? Granted, he was not given the chance to shine with the NT and was one of the stars of the Liga in the 80's, but at the end of the day he only won a couple of domestic titles with Barca and Real and nothing relevant in European competitions.

Kopa on the other hand was awarded the Golden Ball ahead of Puskas, Di Stefano and co, and I think this shows how much recognition he got in his time.

OP
    mate

mate

Aug 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #64
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    come to think of it, maldini might win it. very few people will leave him out of their line upsof last decade.
    Considering that every voters had to do a list of 10 players 4 every decade I think that there are at list 2 or 3 players 4 each decade that nobody could leave out. If everybody wuold be objective those players schould be all winners with the same ammount of votes. But I'm sure it won't happen also if I think the firsts will all have a huge ammounts of votes with a small difference from each others.

An other French man came out: Just Fointaine at position number 38.

OP
    mate

mate

Aug 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #66
    An Italian :stuckup: and also ex Juve player came out for position number 37: Marco Tardelli!

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++

I haven't see enough of Schuster and what I saw looked excellent, but would you put Schuster on the same level as Matthaus, Rumenigge, or Uwe Seeler? Granted, he was not given the chance to shine with the NT and was one of the stars of the Liga in the 80's, but at the end of the day he only won a couple of domestic titles with Barca and Real and nothing relevant in European competitions.

Kopa on the other hand was awarded the Golden Ball ahead of Puskas, Di Stefano and co, and I think this shows how much recognition he got in his time.
    Actually Schuster played for Athletico Madrid not Bilbao, don't know what my mind was on when I said that. I do not remember Seeler's style of play at all and I think the average German would tell you that Schuster was more naturally talented than Rumenigge and Mattheus but as you rightly said he did not win enough club competitions and not playing for your country would not help your cause no matter how talented you might have been
    Rummenigge was blighted by injuries especially in world cups and who knows what he would have achieved if he was not always whilst personally I feel Mattheus is the second greatest ever German player after that Kaiser himself only for him to become a caricature of himself from 94 onwards
    One interesting thing about Schuster, even though he was so arrogant he made Effenberg look like a choirboy, when Maradona left for Napoli, Schuster point blank refused to wear the number10 shirt as he felt its too big a pait of boots to fill an no other Barcelona player dared to take up the number 10 shirt until Steve Archibald the Scottish player signed from Spurs said what was the big deal and took over the number 10 shirt , not with the same distinction I might add

OP
    mate

mate

Aug 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #68
    36: Josè Camacho (SPA)
    35: Gianni Rivera (ITA)

5 Italians :)
    I remember that in the "millennium player" pool made by FIFA in 2000 just 2 Italians (Baggio and Zoff) weare mentioned so I am glad to see that in this pool many are... anycase I expected Gianni Rivera to be highter.
    In Italy he is rated in the bests ever :groan:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Rivera only 35th? :undecide:

What's the full list so far? Don't feel like scrolling through this thread so if anyone could copy and paste for me I'd be very grateful!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Hmm ... you reckon it's safe to assume the Dutchmen are all somewhere in the top twenty and that's the reason that there's only one so far? :D

OP
    mate

mate

Aug 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #74
    Who will you put in the top 20 more than Van Basten, Crujff and Gullit? :devil: ;)

OP
    mate

mate

Aug 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #78
    I rate Bergkamp better than Del Piero but we all know that Del Piero is overrated from a part of fans, "his own fans" 4 who no matter if he is sucking, he will always be rocking, that's why it's easiest to have votes for him. Actually I don't know enought of the past players to say if Bergkamp can be in the top 50 but I won't put him in the first 10 of last decade as i won't definitly put Del Piero nor Costacurta.
    Frank Rijkaard insteed may be in, also if didn't like him that mutch :angel:

Anycase a good new 4 you ;)
    At the 34 position a Duchman: Johan Neeskens
    Is him better than Rivera? :devil:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)