Uefa Jubilee - best 50 european players (1 Viewer)

OP
mate

mate

Aug 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #41
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    RVN!!!!!!! :eek: shocked: :wallbang:

i dont see how he made it to that list. was Has RVN done that Henry or Vieri Havn't done. even DP should be ranked better than RVN.
    Probably there are too many Dutchmen around uefa.com ;)

My first positions 4 every decade:

1954/63
    Boniperti, Charles, Di Stefano, Suarez, Sivori, Liedhom, Nordhal, Puskas... well I'm saying too many cause I can't really decide ;)

1964/73
    Cruyff, Zoff, Beckembauer, Rivera, Best, Eusebio.

1974/83
    Rumenigge, Santillana, than I will put Antognoni and Rossi just cause Italians anycase this is the poorest decade IMO.

Till now I can have more points to judge :)

1984/93
    Platinì, Van Basten, Baresi, Scirea a bit back Butragegno, Gullit and Mattaueus

1994/2003
    Baggio, Zidane, Maldini. A bit back Raul IMO the first of the "not alredy legends"

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
    I will bet that Italy will be the country with more players :stuckup: :p
    Oh undoubtedly, seeing as it was an internet vote and there are 55 million Italians compared to 16 million Dutch people ;)

OP
    mate

mate

Aug 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #43
    ++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++

Oh undoubtedly, seeing as it was an internet vote and there are 55 million Italians compared to 16 million Dutch people ;)
    :D Anycase we love also foreigners players who played here, so Dutchmen who played in serie A will be well trated by us ;)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    :D Anycase we love also foreigners players who played here, so Dutchmen who played in serie A will be well trated by us ;)
    And that's like ... what? Three? :down:

That's assuming you won't vote for Kluivert ;):D

OP
    mate

mate

Aug 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #47
    ++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++
    Well three is still more than the other way around (Italians in Holland) :D
    :D True.
    Did some Italian actually came to Holland :confused:
    Good players just went to UK and Spain and when old Japan but I know there are Italians everyweare even in Russia and China. Of course I guess they are not so good but still... they are taking a piece of Italy there :)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    :D True.
    Did some Italian actually came to Holland :confused:
    Good players just went to UK and Spain and when old Japan but I know there are Italians everyweare even in Russia and China. Of course I guess they are not so good but still... they are taking a piece of Italy there :)
    Found some stats: there should be 3 Italians in Holland this very season. But I haven't found their names yet.

Probably second division or bench sitters, otherwise I would probably have noticed...

I'll keep an eye open!

OP
    mate

mate

Aug 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #49
    I didn't know that!
    Gazzetta dello Sport makes every week a report on Italians abroad but they never spoke about tham, probably yes they may be in second division, but who knows, maybe they can be youngisters, who preferred to do experience abroad instead of staying in the primavera of a big club :) Who knows :D

tikus

Oct 31, 2003
    there are no italian in Malaysian league..
    but...we have a dutch player here..

matto..have u heard bout fandi ahmad?..
    a singaporean who play in there( i think his cub is gronigen)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Fandi Ahmad? Yes, the name rings a bell. I believe I've seen him play for the Groningen youth squad a while back...

++ [ originally posted by Kiko ] ++
    Hey matto, whos the player in your avator?

The look his giving...it's peercing :eek:
    Daniël de Ridder - Ajax's latest talent. A winger with typical Dutch flair! :cool:

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002

1974/83
    Rumenigge, Santillana, than I will put Antognoni and Rossi just cause Italians anycase this is the poorest decade IMO.
    I would add Keegan , Dalglish, Boniek, Deyna, blokhin to this list

1984/93
    Platinì, Van Basten, Baresi, Scirea a bit back Butragegno, Gullit and Mattaueus
    I would have thought Scrie played his best football before 1984

1994/2003
    Baggio, Zidane, Maldini. A bit back Raul IMO the first of the "not alredy legends" [/QUOTE
    ]Imo the Baggio who played before 1993 is far superior to the one who played post 93 world cup goals or not

OP
    mate

mate

Aug 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #54
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    Imo the Baggio who played before 1993 is far superior to the one who played post 93 world cup goals or not
    Well his carear last 20 years so he could match both the decades.
    IMO his peack was from 1988 to 1998 (exluding just the second Milan year) cause in Inter even if he had memorabil matchs like the one with Real Madrid he had too many problems and in Brescia even if he did grate and schowing how his is able to change radically such a small team he assured his status of "King and simble of Italian soccer" 4 ever it was just in Italy so he stopped his international carear.

So 1988 to 1998 is exately between the 2 decades... IMO exluding 1997 he kept around the same level all those 10 years and the Fiorntina and Italy90 Baggio has nothing to envy to the Juve-Milan-Bologna-Usa94 and France98 one... but... well they could not put the same player in 2 differnt decades... so probably they choosed the one that saw him all the period long...

Probably the same is 4 Scirea... he came across 2 decades.
    Also Maldini with his 20 years carear could match both 84/93 and 94/03 decade and I'm sure we will find others players in the same situation...

Yes this pool has a lot of "logic" problems, also as I said there are some decades in which there are more players who deserve a place in the bests and may be left out while others players in more poor decades will have the chance of reaching a hight position but the think I like is that every ages will surely have a rapresentation.

A new name came out: Eric Cantonà at position number 42.

OP
    mate

mate

Aug 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #55
    P.S.: Also Cantonà was in the 1994/2003 decade but he actually came across this decade and the one before...

OP
    mate

mate

Aug 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #56
    41 Raymond Kopa (FRA)
    40 Bernd Schuster (GER)

Don't know too mutch about that 2 players :D

OP
    mate

mate

Aug 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #59
    I think it's becose Schuster decade (1974/83)
    is the poorest one... so he had less competion.
    To be onest... I never heard Schuster before :D

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Bernd Schuster is regarded as one of the most talented Germans ever, its just that he always fought with authorities so much thats why he didn't play as much for the national team, he played in the euro champs in Italy in 1980 and thats about it he fought with the German Fa
    He starred fro Real madrid, Barcelona with Maradona and Athletico Bilbao

Kopa on the other hand was a right winger I think who was part of the greatest club team in history, Real Madrid with Di Stefano and Puskas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)