UEFA Coefficient (3 Viewers)

jakku7

Jun 29, 2011
What you are looking on the link is the current season ranking 13/14. For next season, 14/15 Portugal will leap frog us as the points from 09/10 season will no longer take into account.
However they will only be above us for 12 months
, because when the season 15/16 starts, points from 10/11 will no longer be taken into consideration and with Italy doing better than Portugal in the subsequent seasons we will be back to 4th place.
Hope this explains.
They won't leap us... UEFA make their coefficient rankings on 5-year basis. You said that points from 09/10 season will no longer count, what is truth, but then which season will you count if UEFA take into account last 5 seasons? 14/15 which hasn't started yet? We need to play one more season to find out if (for only 1 season anyway) Liga Sagres really overtake Serie A, or not.

09/10
10/11
11/12
12/13
13/14
------
14/15

Liga Sagres will start next season with some advantage in relation to Serie A, but Italians for sure will have a lot of opportunities to overtake Portugueses at the end.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
They won't leap us... UEFA make their coefficient rankings on 5-year basis. You said that points from 09/10 season will no longer count, what is truth, but then which season will you count if UEFA take into account last 5 seasons? 14/15 which hasn't started yet? We need to play one more season to find out if (for only 1 season anyway) Liga Sagres really overtake Serie A, or not.

09/10
10/11
11/12
12/13
13/14
------
14/15

Liga Sagres will start next season with some advantage in relation to Serie A, but Italians for sure will have a lot of opportunities to overtake Portugueses at the end.
From next season, after they remove the 09/10 season, the seasons taken into account is 10/11,11/12,12/13,13/14 and 14/15. Without taking into account 14/15 yet at the starting of the season, Portugal will definitely leap frog us and that is confirmed. However, it is also confirm that they will only be able to be higher than us for a maximum 12 month taking into account a worst case scenario where Italy do worst than Portugal. That is because Portugal have got very high points in season 10/11. However, even if we do extremely bad in the coming season, when it comes to season 15/16 the points from 10/11 will not be taken into account and we leap frog them back.

Let me reiterate again, Portugal will definitely leap frog us at the beginning of next season and that is confirm. However that lead will not be long if we do much better than them in next season. Even in worst case screnario where we do bad, we will over take them back in 15/16. So in worst case scenario, Portugal will only be 4th rank for 12 month. If you calculated the points you would understand I am saying .

Below link explains as well.

http://www.espnfc.com/news/story/_/...eague-benfica-hits-italy-uefa-ranking?cc=4716

But worry not, this is just momentarily and it doesn't affect any number of positions in regards to clubs able to qualify to Europe. Its just a shift in the ranking for a while.

jakku7

Jun 29, 2011
From next season, after they remove the 09/10 season, the seasons taken into account is 10/11,11/12,12/13,13/14 and 14/15. Without taking into account 14/15 yet at the starting of the season, Portugal will definitely leap frog us and that is confirmed. However, it is also confirm that they will only be able to be higher than us for a maximum 12 month taking into account a worst case scenario where Italy do worst than Portugal.
But this is absolutely meaningless. UEFA count points at the end of the season, when all matches are done.

And this is not truth that Portugal will overtake Italy for 12 months. They will start above Serie A of course, but we can overtake Portugal after 1 round of CL group stage, because the loss to Liga Sagres is very small, and these meaningless in-the-middle-of-the-season rankings are performed on the constant basis. Meningless, because as I mentioned above, UEFA take into account last 5 years and season 14/15 hasn't even started yet. This is very good headline for press trumpeting about doom and gloom of Italian football, but in fact this is just half-truth.

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/crank2014.html

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
But this is absolutely meaningless. UEFA count points at the end of the season, when all matches are done.

And this is not truth that Portugal will overtake Italy for 12 months. They will start above Serie A of course, but we can overtake Portugal after 1 round of CL group stage, because the loss to Liga Sagres is very small, and these meaningless in-the-middle-of-the-season rankings are performed on the constant basis. Meningless, because as I mentioned above, UEFA take into account last 5 years and season 14/15 hasn't even started yet. This is very good headline for press trumpeting about doom and gloom of Italian football, but in fact this is just half-truth.

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/crank2014.html

My response was to you saying they wont leap us but actually they will. And how long is not confirm but in the beginning they will definitely. Worst case it will be just 12 months, that is worst case But I agree its meaningless because it doesn't make any difference to the current situation and therefore its not worth worrying.

jakku7

Jun 29, 2011
My response was to you saying they wont leap us but actually they will. And how long is not confirm but in the beginning they will definitely. Worst case it will be just 12 months, that is worst case But I agree its meaningless because it doesn't make any difference to the current situation and therefore its not worth worrying.
This is my point of view as well :tup:

Mar 10, 2009
ßöмßäяðîëя;4532596 said:
Why are there people talking as though this doesn't matter?
don't bother mate, unfortunatly ppl still can't see the connection that a weak serie a would effect Juve. I've been trying to convince ppl since I joined...

This is my point of view as well :tup:
Not a concern that since 2006 Serie A dropped from 2nd to 5th...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/index.html

1. Each team gets two points for a win and one point for a draw (points are halved for matches in the qualifying and play-off rounds).
2. Clubs that reach the round of 16, quarter-finals, semi-finals or final of the UEFA Champions League, or the quarter-finals, semi-finals or final of the UEFA Europa League, are awarded an extra point for each round.
3. In addition, four points are awarded for participation in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League and four points for qualifying for the round of 16.

So the maximum number of points after the group stage is 21 (12pt (six wins) + 4pt (group stage) + 4pt (RO16) + 1 bonus point).

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
ßöмßäяðîëя;4532596 said:
Why are there people talking as though this doesn't matter?
Because it doesn't.

If Juventus are the strongest team around, they can win the Champions League. With or without the good coefficient. All that matters is Juventus.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Ideally we keep going in the CL and all the rest of the italian teams keep progressing in Europa. That way we are top they are shit, we make the money and the serie A coefficient does well. everybody is happy.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
It's so surreal to go on United, City, Liverpool, Arsenal etc boards and read comments from their fans worrying about losing their 4th CL spot in a couple of seasons (which is a pretty real possibility) I remember all us Juve fans having those same worries back in 2009/10 :touched:

Too bad the fuckers have way too much money and will be able to just keep buying the best players and will eventually always stay in the top 3 of the rankings.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:agree:

It's really between Italy and Germany for third.

In reality, UEFA should just recognize that there are 4 major leagues in Europe and all 4 should get 3 guaranteed and 1 into qualifying. 12 guaranteed and 16 teams potentially from the 4 best leagues isn't that bad in a field of 32.

Dox28

Aug 31, 2015
So if at the beginning of Season 16\17 we will be 3rd in ranking - Season 17\18 we will have 4 teams in CL and it's earliest we can have 4 teams right? I mean there is no possible scenario where we can have 4 teams in CL in season 16\17?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)