UEFA Coefficient (5 Viewers)

OP
Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #264
    What if Hamburg win the Europa League or reach the final?
    In that case it depends what will Bayern do against Lyon, what will Inter do against Barca and what will happen in the CL final.

There are at least 10 different combinations at the moment. That's due to the very small difference in points between ITA and GER:

1. England 81.142
    2. Spain 79.043
    3. Italy 63.910
    4. Germany 63.707

But like I said, judging from the 1st leg results, things are shaping up in such a way that it looks like Hamburg won't make the final while Inter and Bayern will. In that case, no matter what happens in the second leg and even if Bayern beats Lyon while Inter loses (0:1, 1:2, 2:4 etc) in Barcelona, the final itself will decide who will get the 3rd place in UEFA rankings.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    Things are shaping up in such a way that the winner of a potential Bayern-Inter CL final will decide which league will have 4 teams in CL in 2011/2012.
    so if Hamburh win the Europa League and Bayern the Champions league

ITALIAN FOOTBALL IS DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMED?

or is that an over-reaction?

Mar 10, 2009
    so if Hamburh win the Europa League and Bayern the Champions league

ITALIAN FOOTBALL IS DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMED?

or is that an over-reaction?

its not an over reaction

If we do drop down, I can't see us going back up. The German teams do well in the europa league, while italian teams dont seem to give a hoot. It would be the end of top tier italian football, unless we bounce back the year after.

and who is to say we finish in the top 3 next season? we need that 4th spot :(

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    I'm not afraid to say: Juventini who are concerned about this whole coefficient business are even dumber than Inter fans!
    Emphasis on the underlined word.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Eℓvin;2461994 said:
    I'm not afraid to say: Juventini who are concerned about this whole coefficient business are even dumber than Inter fans!
    Very few times I agree with you but this is one time I totally agree.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    I expect it to happen. Both semi finals are so far going the way I wanted to set up what should be an excellent final. If everything goes well than Inter will win the CL, lose the scudetto, and Jozay will leave for Manchester or Madrid.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
    Nov 26, 2008
    Ok, but they'll still win the most prestigious trophy in club football, any club would give up their domestic title for that trophy. Plus if they win Inter merda fans will brag about it for ages, and we probably wont see a CL final anytime soon, so I'll rather like it if they don't win CL. I believe Mourinho will leave either way if he wins CL or not.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    Eℓvin;2461994 said:
    Uefa Coefficient or not, a Juventino that wishes Inter to win anything, even more the Champions League, is dumb.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    its not an over reaction

If we do drop down, I can't see us going back up. The German teams do well in the europa league, while italian teams dont seem to give a hoot. It would be the end of top tier italian football, unless we bounce back the year after.

and who is to say we finish in the top 3 next season? we need that 4th spot :(
    football is all about cycles and trust me,this co-efficient scare will give Serie A the kick up the arse it needs,this terrible season will also give Juve the kick up the arse it needs,we will not finish outside the top 3 again for many years and serie a clubs will have to start thinking seriously about where their priorities lie,Calcio as a whole is going to have to revolutionise itself before it is left behind

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    Why does the UEFA coefficient become so important when Milan or Fiorentina play CL games?
    Not for me though.

If we aren't able to get to the top 3 in Serie A and qualify for a CL spot, it is our fault, not the coefficient.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)