3. England 7.928
4. Germany 7.583
5. France 7.500
6. Austria 7.375
7. Netherlands 6.583
8. Israel 6.500
9. Turkey 5.600
10. Switzerland 5.500

What counts are the last 5 seasons though, and Italy is gaining more and more advantage over Germany, with England and Spain still having a great lead.

Uefa coefficients (last 5 seasons)
1. England 71.856
2. Spain 69.900
3. Italy 57.195
4. Germany 53. 707
5. France 46.240
6. Russia 40.791
7. Ukraine 38.950
etc

The first three have 4 teams in CL, teams from 4-6 have 3 teams in CL, the rest have 2 teams or 1 teams.
Italy must make at least 5 points more than the Germans this year, otherwise two years later they might lose the 3rd place. There won't be any problem next year, but the other might, lookey:
View attachment 39725

The ones in the red will not be there, which means +5 points advantage will go.. Right at the moment, Germans are ahead 4 points of the two years later's standing.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
However, if 4 teams from Italy get to the knockouts, there is a very real chance that at least two will get to the next round, Real Madrid arent that great this year and there is only going to be 3 english teams in the knockout, we can get very favourable draws.
most likely atleast 3 out of 4 italian clubs playing in the CL will end up finnishing 2nd in their groups and only Inter that might end up 1st (anything can happen in their group).

So those 3 clubs are likely to play against clubs like man united, arsenal, chelsea, maybe barca, sevilla so its pretty obvious italian clubs will face probably the best clubs in Europe in the next round. So whats the chances that they'll win over those teams ?! I would say pretty slim.

The germans on the other hand, will likely to have 5 teams playing in a much easier Europa league competition. Its just logical to say that the germans will do better than italians this year.

Its only predictions but if i had to bet on who will collect more Coefficient points at the end of this season i would definately choose germany over italy for the obvious reasons :beer:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Italy must make at least 5 points more than the Germans this year, otherwise two years later they might lose the 3rd place. There won't be any problem next year, but the other might, lookey:
View attachment 39725

The ones in the red will not be there, which means +5 points advantage will go.. Right at the moment, Germans are ahead 4 points of the two years later's standing.

Ah yes, 07/08, where Lazio made a mockery of themselves by finishing last in that group.

That wouldn't have happened if Juve had been there

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
I meant their pace as a team. Not as individuals. Their pace, as in their quick tempo football.

But even if we were talking about individuals. Evra, Obertan, Nani and Valencia are all fast players too.
If you stifle the the Centre, you kill United.
Evra, meh not as good as he once was
Obertan, Gio's black friend :D
Nani- I do not fear at all

Valencia and Rooney are their two best, plus Scholes and Giggsy. They aren't as strong as Chelsea or Arsenal this year, they're pretty much fluking it atm.

OP
Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #156
    most likely atleast 3 out of 4 italian clubs playing in the CL will end up finnishing 2nd in their groups and only Inter that might end up 1st (anything can happen in their group).
    Milan need to beat Marseille in Milano and Zurich in Zurich to be fIRst. And even if they don't, they can still be first if Real don't beat Marseille in France.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    If you stifle the the Centre, you kill United.
    Evra, meh not as good as he once was
    Obertan, Gio's black friend :D
    Nani- I do not fear at all

Valencia and Rooney are their two best, plus Scholes and Giggsy. They aren't as strong as Chelsea or Arsenal this year, they're pretty much fluking it atm.

We lack squad depth and as a result we lack consistency and continuity. They will get the better of us come the end of the season.

The players i mentioned, i was talking about their pace and not their overall quality. Because if we are talking about quality, then we really cannot consider Obertan just yet. I haven't seen him for United too much this season(He's been injured up until 2 weeks ago), but after watching a lot of him when he was at Bordeaux and Lorient last season, i can tell you that he lacks end product despite obviously being talented.

As for Valencia he has been blowing hot and cold, while with Nani he has always been extremely inconsistent. I do not think United stand out as individuals but i think as a team they are very strong and well organised. They will give the big teams in Europe a run for their money.

Manures CBs have been a joke this season
    TBH thats true. I do not know what has happened to arguably the best centerback pairing in Europe in the past 3 seasons. They have been average this season. I wouldn't put it past them to return to their form, but up until now they really have been average.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)