U.S. Soccer (19 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well Holden will give you that then without a doubt. He's very good moving the ball to where it needs to go and getting passes off with precision and quickness.

I don't recall seeing him in a three man midfield before, but I assume he'd be fine there.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Kljestan's Facebook status is "sleeping in with a VS model." :lol:

Lucky guy. But too bad he keeps fooling around with women and not upping his play, the moron. He's been shit all season. What a clown.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ben Olsen retired from professional football today. After a great career with DC United and appearances with the national squad, he decided to call it quits after ankle injuries. He will serve as a coach on the United squad.

Thank you for your service, my man. Beast of a player. :star:

Italia Todd

Dec 15, 2009
Well Holden will give you that then without a doubt. He's very good moving the ball to where it needs to go and getting passes off with precision and quickness.

I don't recall seeing him in a three man midfield before, but I assume he'd be fine there.
In a 4-3-3 I think he would do better playing out on the wing than he would as part of the 3 man midfield. Or in a 4-5-1, he would be ideal as the CAM. He's a very good character guy as well, he comes from the same club my 2 boys play for, and he comes back a lot to give time to the kids and stuff. Good guy, top bloke.

Jul 15, 2006
Kljestan's Facebook status is "sleeping in with a VS model." :lol:

Lucky guy. But too bad he keeps fooling around with women and not upping his play, the moron. He's been shit all season. What a clown.
Gotdamn, he's the emo guy in the squad right? Blows that clowns like that are doing that when Charlie Davies is still recovering and will miss the World Cup.

ßüякε;2280911 said:
:lol:

Bitch is fine.
True dat. :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah, he's the emo guy alright. Used to like him but he has been an ass this past year. Quite a few players are better than Kljestan in his spot in MLS and US Soccer.

OP
Enron

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,894
    Really? I could see Feilhaber and Clark, but Kleijstan is as good as the others, IMO. What have they done that he hasn't? Or they just have better form?
    How many times have you seen Torres play? Probably not too many times as he plays in Mexico.

He plays really well for his team in Mexico and in what little time he's had for the NT he's been very impressive. We qualified because of him and were able to draw Costa Rica because of his playmaking ability from deep. Ask just about any American NT fan and Torres is rated very high.

Jermaine Jones usually starts at Shalke.

Two completely different players, but Jones does what he does on a completely different level.

Kleijstan is good in MLS but he's a notorious choke artist for the NT, especially in tight matches.

Jul 12, 2002
    How many times have you seen Torres play? Probably not too many times as he plays in Mexico.

He plays really well for his team in Mexico and in what little time he's had for the NT he's been very impressive. We qualified because of him and were able to draw Costa Rica because of his playmaking ability from deep. Ask just about any American NT fan and Torres is rated very high.
    Good to know. I've actually never seen Torres play for his team in Mexico. Do you think he's going to the WC?

Jermaine Jones usually starts at Shalke.

Two completely different players, but Jones does what he does on a completely different level.

Kleijstan is good in MLS but he's a notorious choke artist for the NT, especially in tight matches.
    Okay, fair point, I didn't know that Jones was doing so well with Shalke.

OP
    Enron

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,896
    Good to know. I've actually never seen Torres play for his team in Mexico. Do you think he's going to the WC?

Okay, fair point, I didn't know that Jones was doing so well with Shalke.
    1) Man I certainly hope so. I think his versatility is something we need (play MC, DM, AMC). I think he deserves it, since he certainly put in the work during qualifying. But who knows when Bob Bradley is in charge.

2) Jones has been a regular starter with Shalke for a while. He hasn't played much this season due to surgery on a stress fracture and the manager not wanting to bring him back too soon.

Jul 12, 2002
    1) Man I certainly hope so. I think his versatility is something we need (play MC, DM, AMC). I think he deserves it, since he certainly put in the work during qualifying. But who knows when Bob Bradley is in charge.

2) Jones has been a regular starter with Shalke for a while. He hasn't played much this season due to surgery on a stress fracture and the manager not wanting to bring him back too soon.
    So, hopefully Torres goes, but Jones probably not. how many CM's is bradley going to bring?

OP
    Enron

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,898
    So, hopefully Torres goes, but Jones probably not. how many CM's is bradley going to bring?
    Jones will probably go if he gets fit. Onyewu is injured as well and I don't think we're going to leave him behind either.

Bradley will probably bring Bradley, Clark, Feilhaber, Torres, and Jones. So 5 I guess. That gives the ability to play a 3 man and 2 man central midfield. The biggest issue atm is the striker position and left back.

Jul 12, 2002
    Jones will probably go if he gets fit. Onyewu is injured as well and I don't think we're going to leave him behind either.

Bradley will probably bring Bradley, Clark, Feilhaber, Torres, and Jones. So 5 I guess. That gives the ability to play a 3 man and 2 man central midfield. The biggest issue atm is the striker position and left back.
    That seems perfectly reasonable. I agree, the US needs to take one of their big strikers and stick with him and hope he gets form for the WC. Without McBride, or someone like him, the US NT is not the same and not as good.

OP
    Enron

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,900
    That seems perfectly reasonable. I agree, the US needs to take one of their big strikers and stick with him and hope he gets form for the WC. Without McBride, or someone like him, the US NT is not the same and not as good.
    We'll probably go with Altidore, but Davies (our best forward) is very unlikely to even be kicking a ball by the WC. Jozy is really talented and getting a successful run at Hull City. The question is whether we depend on him to shoulder the striking load in a 4-3-3 or do we keep with out 4-4-2 and pair him up with Donovan or a faster untested striker such as Jeff Cunningham (led MLS in scoring) or Robbie Findley (team won MLS). Both have been called up for the pre WC camp. Cunningham is training with Auxerre at the moment and looks the most likely to replace Davies.

What we don't need is to rely on Brian Ching and Conor Casey to score.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)