U.S. Soccer (4 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
2-1 now.

The defense is crap again. Spector, Bornstein and Heydude are all playing nonsense football.

Nepotism boy and Clark aren't shutting them down either.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Well its good that this loss came in just a friendly and with several months left we have time to improve, and Bradley has time to rethink his gameplan.

I'm very optimistic about 2010 I feel this could be a great tournament for the US

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
All that we learned from this match is that Bradley is a moron, which we already knew, and that the midfield and defense have players out there that shouldn't be playing. Bornstein shouldn't play, Boca should be used out left, Spector is not a central defender, Mike Bradley shouldn't play every game, we really miss Davies and Gooch, and Torres really needs to play so we can hold the ball in midfield.

Basically, this is stuff we knew before the match, so it was a useless friendly.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
So what? You knew it but sadly for you your opinion doesn't have any effect over our team selection, obviously Bradley didn't so hopefully he learned something today.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah, one of my favorite of the new generation of American players. Holden is very good with the ball, both in passing and dribbling, and puts in great crosses from the right. He is also very versatile, being able to play through the center as an AM, out right as a Beckham-style winger, or a bit deeper as someone who pulls the strings in central midfield. He can also play out left if needs be. Holden has been playing great this season and has produced it in the national side.

Not sure if you know, but he is from Aberdeen originally, and in Newcastle he got into a bar fight that really messed up his eye socket. Glad to see he's well again.

Oh, and he's one day older than me. :p

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Nice.

I know he is Aberdonian, which is probably the only reason we have a chance of signing him.

Sounds like he would be the playmaker, which is what we badly need, alongside a destroyer and a box-to box guy in our 4-3-3/4-5-1.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Hmm, he does have a few facets of being a playmaker, but his passing range isn't something spectacular. Are you looking for someone to drive in Xabi balls to different parts around the pitch? Or are you looking for someone to make good linkup passes with the defense and attack?

He won't provide the former, I don't think.

That's why my favorite position for him is the right-wing because he can drive in great crosses. Perhaps he can improve his missiles in the center of the pitch.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Remember that this is the SPL I'm talking about. :D

I'm talking about improving the level of passing from the Molinaro-esque level of our current central midfielders (except a 16 year old we have that can really play).

I say playmaker, but I just mean a player who can link the play properly and spread it out occasionally.

I doubt we would sign him with a view to using him on the right much because we have a very promising 18 year old right midfielder who is just about to sign a new long term contract.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)