U.S. Soccer (6 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Pass or Fail ratings.

Perkins - Pass - Defense let him down.
Wynne - Fail - All over the place, too scatterbrained.
Conrad - Fail - DeMerit is better.
Marshall - Fail - I've seen him do better. Today he was not solid at all, both in air and ground.
Bornstein - Pass, barely - Wasn't too much at fault out there, but I still don't think he's the right guy for the LB spot. Started to wake up a bit too late.
Kljestan - MAJOR FAIL - Shameful performance, should not be included in any squad for the Nats. Spends too much time partying and fucking around with chicks to become a good player for us, considering his skill level. No fucking George Best here.
Beckerman - Pass, slightly - Needs to show more, especially with Jones coming in.
Feilhaber - Fail - Not good enough for his ability. Can do much better.
Rogers - Pass, slightly - Can do better as well.
Findley - Pass - Did a few nice things. Need to see more of him.
Cunningham - Fail - Didn't really look good out there. Thought his strike partner did a better job getting involved.
Goodson - Pass - Much better than his counterparts at the back, and even got a goal.
Bedoya - N/R - Need to see more.
Pearce - N/R - Same
Dax - N/R - Same

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I saw that. I know he was a top notch goal scorer in the Aussie League, but how good is he really?
Yeah he was here with the local Melbourne Victory team but the league here is not that great. Hes one of those big guys but very fast. His touch, most of his passing and finishing is pretty poor. I have no idea how was he scoring (some were great goals as well) but he did a lot so he gets the credit there.

He was in Qatar before and I don't know how he did there.

OP
Enron

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2,012
    Pass or Fail ratings.

Perkins - Pass - Defense let him down.
    Wynne - Fail - All over the place, too scatterbrained.
    Conrad - Fail - DeMerit is better.
    Marshall - Fail - I've seen him do better. Today he was not solid at all, both in air and ground.
    Bornstein - Pass, barely - Wasn't too much at fault out there, but I still don't think he's the right guy for the LB spot. Started to wake up a bit too late.
    Kljestan - MAJOR FAIL - Shameful performance, should not be included in any squad for the Nats. Spends too much time partying and fucking around with chicks to become a good player for us, considering his skill level. No fucking George Best here.
    Beckerman - Pass, slightly - Needs to show more, especially with Jones coming in.
    Feilhaber - Fail - Not good enough for his ability. Can do much better.
    Rogers - Pass, slightly - Can do better as well.
    Findley - Pass - Did a few nice things. Need to see more of him.
    Cunningham - Fail - Didn't really look good out there. Thought his strike partner did a better job getting involved.
    Goodson - Pass - Much better than his counterparts at the back, and even got a goal.
    Bedoya - N/R - Need to see more.
    Pearce - N/R - Same
    Dax - N/R - Same
    I thought Bornstien was our best defender, actually did well at left back. That's so sad, it really is.

Benny is a lot better than he showed.

Rogers had the long shot that hit the post and that was it.

I'd like to see Heath and Brad Evans get more PT.

Goodsen scored, but got smoked on the third goal. None of the three cbs that played today are good enough for the WC.

As for the strikers, neither showed anything special. In the first half the team shut down and tried to slam the ball up the middle which resulted in no service for the strikers. Cunningham got sacrificed at the half and once again the strikers... got no service. Findley was forced to track back into the midfield and got muscled off the ball again and again. Rhino came on tried for a play and then let his notorious work rate take over.

McCarthy, Klejstan, and Badoya all go their shot, now its time to cut them.

Butterfeet did alright, but I don't think he's got what it takes to be anything other than a ball hawker in the midfield. Not much creativity from him. I can't see him pushing Clark out of the squad or Jones (if he shows up) for that matter in that position. With the way things have been going for our defenders and strikers I can see us going heavy in one of those spots, which means a central midfielder getting left behind.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I thought Bornstien was our best defender, actually did well at left back. That's so sad, it really is.

Benny is a lot better than he showed.

Rogers had the long shot that hit the post and that was it.

I'd like to see Heath and Brad Evans get more PT.

Goodsen scored, but got smoked on the third goal. None of the three cbs that played today are good enough for the WC.

As for the strikers, neither showed anything special. In the first half the team shut down and tried to slam the ball up the middle which resulted in no service for the strikers. Cunningham got sacrificed at the half and once again the strikers... got no service. Findley was forced to track back into the midfield and got muscled off the ball again and again. Rhino came on tried for a play and then let his notorious work rate take over.

McCarthy, Klejstan, and Badoya all go their shot, now its time to cut them.

Butterfeet did alright, but I don't think he's got what it takes to be anything other than a ball hawker in the midfield. Not much creativity from him. I can't see him pushing Clark out of the squad or Jones (if he shows up) for that matter in that position. With the way things have been going for our defenders and strikers I can see us going heavy in one of those spots, which means a central midfielder getting left behind.
    Bedoya should be given another chance perhaps as he wasn't given much time. Kljestan needs to take a hike or go fly a kite.

Bornstein is still not the answer to the left-back slot, but he will probably be the starter. Pearce has shown more promise at the position though.

Findley did some decent things so he needs to be given more chances.

And I've seen Beckerman do much, much better, but yeah, he won't take over for Clark. It's either Jones or disaster in this spot.

OP
    Enron

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2,015
    Bolton clinch Holden deal
    Midfielder joins on short-term contract

Last updated: 26th January 2010

Owen Coyle has continued to strengthen his Bolton squad with the signing of American midfielder Stuart Holden.

Holden has been on trial with the Trotters this month and has impressed new manager Coyle with his attitude and ability.

Having recruited Manchester City winger Vladimir Weiss on loan earlier this week, Bolton have now clinched a deal for Holden subject to international clearance.

The 24-year-old arrives at the Reebok Stadium on a short-term contract until the end of the season after leaving Houston Dynamo.

He will be hoping to make his mark in English football after injury prevented him from fulfilling his potential during a short spell with Sunderland in 2005.

Coyle has urged Holden to seize his opportunity, telling the club's official website: "Stuart has been training with us and he has been doing well.

"He has a great energy and desire, and he wants to show that he can play in the best league in the world, so he is a young man with a point to prove."

Holden has scored two goals in 12 appearances for USA and is in contention for a place in their World Cup squad.

Holden said: "This was the hardest decision I've had to make in my career, but at the end of the day I felt it was the right time to test myself at the highest level.

"Having had a short spell over here when I was younger, I knew all about the passion for football in this country and that helped to draw me back.

"The Premier League is one of the best leagues in the world and I was really excited when this opportunity came up. Now I am looking forward to getting involved and getting started."

OP
    Enron

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2,017
    Hopefully he impresses and signs a long term deal. Could play this weekend against Pool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)