[tv] uefa.com streams (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
For €5 a month you can watch complete re runs of all CL matches this year, goals, highlights etc. You can also watch goals from previous CL seasons (like all of DP's goals in CL history for example), the archive has material from 1992. All the videos are real streams (sub par, I know) which have a tendency of interrupting now and then. And you need a pretty decent line to watch the streams, they're all 300kbps but in effect a little more than that will do nicely to keep it smooth.

I was skeptical to this considering the goal videos they had last year, which were all 56kbps (lousy quality) but I must admit they have a decent offer going now. For people who don't get CL action on tv, this is pretty nice.

NOTE: All videos are published on the site the day after the games, only live audio broadcast is available during matches.

If you're interested: http://www.uefa.com/video/landingpage.html

It costs €5 a month or €40 a year.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
According to my friend - it's crap!

In the beginning everything was fine. He saw the whole Arsenal-Inter re-run without any problems. But now... it's f*cked up.

He tried watching Juve-Sociedad today... which was impossible. He said it kept loading every 10 seconds, and that the quality had dropped.

This might be cuz of to many users. Dunno really... maybe their servers can't handle it. His connection is fine - 1mb I think.

Gino

The Funky Homosapien
Jun 6, 2003
mine connection is finer 5.5 mb so i dont think i have any pro
but ther is one :groan: i dont have visa or mastercard:groan:
so i cant have it i have 40bucks but they only take it with visa and ather s hit thjat i dont have its a darn shame :groan::fero::frown::(:confused::fero::groan:

but if juve keeps on winning it doesent metter i see the highlights on tv and its free :D:cool::cheesy::cheesy::D:cool:

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++
    According to my friend - it's crap!

In the beginning everything was fine. He saw the whole Arsenal-Inter re-run without any problems. But now... it's f*cked up.

He tried watching Juve-Sociedad today... which was impossible. He said it kept loading every 10 seconds, and that the quality had dropped.

This might be cuz of to many users. Dunno really... maybe their servers can't handle it. His connection is fine - 1mb I think.
    I tried watching the game from last night and it kept interrupting from time to time. :( I was monitoring my connection all the way through and it seems that once the player loads enough data, it just stops, instead of keeping on loading as much as possible, which would keep the link active and fill up the buffer. One the other hand, the server has to juggle lots of simultaneous connections so it's not an easy thing to coordinate. I've always hated streaming video. :fero:

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    It's just werid... you make people pay for something that doesn't work. I bet they'll get tons of complaints!

Anyone who paid 'em, should claim a re-fund.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #9
    Well it's not like it's expensive and you do get a lot of material for it, so I don't think anyone can argue they didn't get their money's worth.. :undecide:

To be blunt, it's astonishingly cheap but I guess they're well aware of the technical tradeoffs..

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    yeah... but you can get the highlights anywhere, TV, sites like this and so on...

What people pay for are the rerun, and that bit doesn't work.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #11
    I can't, there are no tv highlights in this godforsaken place. TV3 has goals from I think most of the matches but that's all, the other channels don't and incidentally I don't have TV3..

Btw the archives are nice, I saw all of DP's CL goals the other day, also watched some old Monaco action. :)

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #13
    Yeah but then you pay for cable or sat tv or whatever it is that shows CL matches. Unless it's on public tv which it is not here.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    I can't, there are no tv highlights in this godforsaken place. TV3 has goals from I think most of the matches but that's all, the other channels don't and incidentally I don't have TV3..
    But you're a member of the XT forum, where that Haim dude and Nekton usually post all the goals...

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #15
    I don't think €5 is such a ripoff for match reruns, highlights, goals from whichever match you want, to see whenever you want. But maybe it works better for me than it does for your friend, what do I know.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    Well I don't know shit about it myself, but my friend is pretty upset about the rerun thing, which is the only thing not working properly.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

I tried watching the game from last night and it kept interrupting from time to time. :( I was monitoring my connection all the way through and it seems that once the player loads enough data, it just stops, instead of keeping on loading as much as possible, which would keep the link active and fill up the buffer. One the other hand, the server has to juggle lots of simultaneous connections so it's not an easy thing to coordinate. I've always hated streaming video. :fero:
    so the buffer isn't even fully utilized!? :groan:
    That sucks!

so your viewing is affected by the simplest conjestion problems.

Thanks for letting me know.....

i was this close to subscribing today!

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #19
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    so the buffer isn't even fully utilized!? :groan:
    That sucks!

so your viewing is affected by the simplest conjestion problems.

Thanks for letting me know.....

i was this close to subscribing today!
    Nono, that's not what I meant. :) I don't know if the buffer is filled or not, it's not like you get a message about it. But I was saying I would like a bigger buffer, it would make for a smoother ride, instead you get a cdrom effect.. the buffer fills up, the cdrom stops and you're riding on the buffer. Then the buffer is empty and you have to wait half an hour for the drive to spin up.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++

But you're a member of the XT forum, where that Haim dude and Nekton usually post all the goals...
    Exactly, and the goals are pretty good quality, with replay value. I'd rather download than stream... i'm a collector ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)