Turin move beckons for Squillaci (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Squillaci has Juve dream
Thursday 22 April, 2004

Sebastien Squillaci says he wouldn’t hesitate in leaving Monaco this summer if Juventus made an offer.

The young Frenchman has been linked with the Italian outfit and he’s hoping a deal can be agreed.

"I know that they are interested in me," said the 23-year-old. "I’m happy at Monaco and I’ve had a great season here.

"However, if Juventus were to call then I couldn’t possibly turn down a move to Turin."

The Serie A giants are looking to renew their defence but they may have to dig deep in order to secure the stopper’s signature.

"I have a contract here until 2007 and there is no buy out clause," he added. "Whoever wants me needs to negotiate with Monaco."

---
Channel4.com/footballitalia

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
i saw him just once and he seemed good..i'd leave him as a second choice. if we can't get mexes, ferrari or bonera, let's get him.

evra is a hell of a defender too ;)

Aug 26, 2003
i would also prefer Mexes! But i think Squillaci would be also a good buy! he is young wants to play for us and has a great SEason with Monaco in CL!!

is he playing for the French Nationalteam?

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
the talent is definitely there,but squillaci has to be a little more consistent and work on polishing his game.

otherwise he's a good buy imo.

Aug 1, 2003
It's kinda sad. I doubt Juve'd buy so many players so given the priority I'd want Mexes-Ferrari. But as I've said before I've seen very little (once or twice) of Squillaci but he doesn't seem bad too, but if we're getting Mexes or Ferrari or Evra or whoever, we might have to let go on him because I'm sure he doesn't want to be a sub. AND when Juve doesn't buy him he's already gone to another club which will show his true qualities.

Ah, football and money suck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)