True Detective (1 Viewer)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Am i the only person who fucking loved it. I dont think it is fair to compare it to the first season nothing would out do it but season 2 on its own was amazing if it was watched without such high expectations im sure people would appreciate it more. Vince Vaughn was great.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Am i the only person who fucking loved it. I dont think it is fair to compare it to the first season nothing would out do it but season 2 on its own was amazing if it was watched without such high expectations im sure people would appreciate it more. Vince Vaughn was great.
Vince Vaughn was the only thing good about the entire season but it took like three or four episodes in order to start liking him. Then his ending was lame, extremely lame.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
It did take me 3 or 4 episode before i actually started liking the show but then i was captivated. As kyle said colins accent did bug the fuck out of me. I loved the last episode but farrels demise was frustrating. It was too cliche. I liked how vinces role played out the scene on his own in the desert was great but his death felt forced and how he got in that situation could of been written better. Too much death and darkness as someone mentioned earlier the show was crying out for a bit of light humour that woody provided in season 1.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
My thoughts on this to the t. I think the 1st season raised the bar so high that any subsequent season, especially the 2nd one, were to suffer the inevitable comparisons.
On its own, I thought season 2, while not perfect, was very good to even great at times. When compared to season 1, it would fall in my "meh" category.

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
Vince Vaugh looks too good in suits to give it up (even though he has 3.5 Mil In diamonds) Colin Farell too busy on his phone while driving to his demise. :sergio: was sh!t.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
It wasnt about the suit. He was just too proud to give it up, they spent most of the season showing you his battles with his ego and how much he wanted to be feared as this big gangster again and in he end it got the better of him. I also liked that bit with the phone it made sense that he would want to leave something for his son and the phone fucking about at an important time is something we can all relate to :D.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Overall the season had it's moments. I think they underused Vince Vaughn. On it's own, it's decent TV. There are little things that irked me. Like the scene between Frank and Nails, explaining where Nails got his name. And the cliched death of Frank, complete with the demons, vultures and shit.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Pushing Frank Semyon among the other two is pushing it. As much as I liked Vince, there's no comparison with Gandolfini's and Cranston's work. Maybe he'd have grown into it if it were a TV show with more than a single season.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
icemaη;5053477 said:
Pushing Frank Semyon among the other two is pushing it. As much as I liked Vince, there's no comparison with Gandolfini's and Cranston's work. Maybe he'd have grown into it if it were a TV show with more than a single season.
I agree, I haven't seen the Sopranso but Semyon is nowhere near Walter White. We spent seix years with Walter White.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
enjoyed this season much more than the last, demon serial killer bullshit has been done so many times.

Vince Vaughn always looked out of sorts but redeemed himself in the last 2 episodes.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I didn't think it was a bad as people made it out to be. Watched all the episodes in a row this past weekend. Thought maybe they gave Vince Vaughn too much room to chew on the scenery at times, but overall it was very solid. I like the ending this year more than the ending last year.

Unfortunately with these 8 episode series, it takes couple of episodes to get into the story. I think people forget that the first few episodes of the original series were pretty slow as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)