True Detective (3 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I liked it, even if it sprung on way too many layers and new characters all at once.

The thing I miss is Woody Harrelson's levity. Not comedic per se, but with a show so dark you need lighter moments to create contrast, balance, and to make the dark things even darker by comparison. The Wire was excellent at this.

If the show merely goes all dark and brooding where nobody has a sense of humor, it will limit itself.
Agreed, and figured Vince Vaugn would bring that, but he seems to have the most serious and laconic character of all.

Also, the plot combined with the setting so far, I cant be the only one getting heavy Chinatown vibes from it?

In overall I'm not impressed with the pilot, but will give it time, seems like the story will be hell of a ride. Weirdly enough Vaugns character is most interesting to me so far.

Btw I cringed at David Morse character, that kind of character actor wasted on hokey pokey lame tripe of a role...

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Not the first time you're mentioning this, especially The Wire comparison.
Because every good show must be compared to The Wire. ;)

Agreed, and figured Vince Vaugn would bring that, but he seems to have the most serious and laconic character of all.

Also, the plot combined with the setting so far, I cant be the only one getting heavy Chinatown vibes from it?

In overall I'm not impressed with the pilot, but will give it time, seems like the story will be hell of a ride. Weirdly enough Vaugns character is most interesting to me so far.

Btw I cringed at David Morse character, that kind of character actor wasted on hokey pokey lame tripe of a role...
Chinatown? Yeah, big industrial LA area machine... I can see that.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #247
    Pretty great season opener. Although they introduced way too many characters I think they did a great job with the pace. Acting was great (I liked drunktard Farrell plus Rachel McAdams seems not to be annoying which is great) and soundtrack was top notch.

I expect season to become a lot better as it progresses. And it's gonna be interesting to see how 3 fucked up persons solve the case.

Nomuken

NUMB
    Contributor
    Dec 14, 2009
    Lol oh yea DP detective

- - - Updated - - -

Only one episode in but hopefully Vince Vaughn makes a face expression soon or makes a couple of us chuckle or snicker on one of his lines; or else the person who did the casting selecting fucked up pretty bad. I would respect it if this is what Vince Vaughn wanted.

- - - Updated - - -

time cet ?
    live stream?

Nah sorry me havez HBO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)