Troy (1 Viewer)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
I dont wanna get into this too much as many havent seen it but a couple of things bothered me :

Why the hell didnt Paris ....... ?

Achilles end.. wtf was that about ?

Achilles sexuality ?

Achilles Heal ?

Menelaus ?

Lack of Olympians ?

If youve read the iliad and maybe a bit of plato you know what im saying

OP
sallyinzaghi
Aug 1, 2003
  • Thread Starter #48
    :howler:

will be seeing it this weekend, also will be looking for 'Iliad' this weekend, which one should I do first?

ps: Why Glenn? Malta's beautiful

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    See the movie first, Sally, or else you'll be sitting there looking at the screen for 2 1/2 hours saying to yourself "Now wait, that doesn't happen.................."

OP
    sallyinzaghi
    Aug 1, 2003
  • Thread Starter #53
    there are things such as pictures, glenn :D

serge, wouldn't i be doing the same even if I do not watch the movie first? Anyhow to prevent any form of disappointment I will watch the movie first. can't wait

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
    I dont wanna get into this too much as many havent seen it but a couple of things bothered me :

Why the hell didnt Paris ....... ?

Achilles end.. wtf was that about ?

Achilles sexuality ?

Achilles Heal ?

Menelaus ?

Lack of Olympians ?

If youve read the iliad and maybe a bit of plato you know what im saying
    I saw the movie this weekend..

It's not about Troy.. It has nothing to do with the Illiad..

do you know what it is about..

It's about the war on Iraq..!!!

OP
    sallyinzaghi
    Aug 1, 2003
  • Thread Starter #56
    ha?
    I watched it just now. Everyone in the cinema can't stop crying when Hector died. Generally a good movie, great storyline, but I felt that Brad Pitt wasn't tough enough, and Bloom sucked, and, well... just that something's missing.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++

I saw the movie this weekend..

It's not about Troy.. It has nothing to do with the Illiad..

do you know what it is about..

It's about the war on Iraq..!!!
    Bearing in mind that the invasion of iraq was started at the end of march 2003 and troy commenced filming in the uk in the same week...
    Plus the minor detail the scrpt for troy was completed in 2002...

I doubt it

Anyway i cant see it from my viewing of this film so please enlighten me as to how you come to that conclusion

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Well, a week has passed and I'm still looking for the Gods.

Someone care to explain how the fundamental relevance of Greek Mythology, the Gods themselves, were blatantly ignored in this movie, save for a passing reference to Apollo.

"Gee, Achilles, you really shouldn't have killed those priests, they are the priests of Apollo"

Achilles- "**** You"

Paul, how could you miss the Iraq invasion correlation?? Didn't you see those oil wells in the middle of Troy? :D:D

Oh, and I'm still looking for Cassandra and her "Beware Greeks baring gifts" prophecy as well.

OP
    sallyinzaghi
    Aug 1, 2003
  • Thread Starter #59
    btw, Priam was quoted saying he was disappointed with the movie actually - he felt that brad pitt and others didn't give their all and was a bit pissed that pitt didn't know anything bout greek mythology

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

Bearing in mind that the invasion of iraq was started at the end of march 2003 and troy commenced filming in the uk in the same week...
    Plus the minor detail the scrpt for troy was completed in 2002...

I doubt it

Anyway i cant see it from my viewing of this film so please enlighten me as to how you come to that conclusion
    somewhere in the movie, when Achilles was talking to Odysseus or Patroclus (I can't remember) about not participating in the fight.. he said something about all these soldiers have to die to satisfie one man's well.. and he has nothing against the trojans, why should he fight other's war..!!

beside the story line in the movie also made it go on that direction, or at least that what I thought..

anyway, this movie was about anything but, Homer's the illiad..

btw, I thought Patroclus was Achilles' friend, not his cousin..?? also, Achilles was not among those who were hidden inside the trojan horse, right? he was killed before Odysseus built it..??!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)