Trouble in the wallet (1 Viewer)

What's the solution for today's financial trouble in the world of football?

• We need to make a pan-European agreement to slash transfer-fees and salaries and impose a maximum to

• We don't need to do anything. The market economy principle, people! The over-valuation of players wi

• There wouldn't be any problems if UEFA would just increase the price money!! € 20.000.000,- for winn

• Easy - we just need to find some rich politician like Real Madrid!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Time to kick in on a hot-issue at the moment; the financial crises in football today!

Astronomical transfer fees, sky-high salaries and 'low' reward money. All seem to have a part in the financial struggle that recently appeared.

We've already lost Fiorentina, time for a solution!

What would YOU do?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
i think we shouldn't do anything, clubs need to act smart or die. like fiorentina who died, or us who are smart and will live.

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
I don't think this is that big of a problem yet. How would you even impose a European arrangement? Would it only be open to the EU? Whats to stop rich teams in non EU countries from taking all the good players. How much is the salary cap? Should teams in La Liga have the same cap as teams in Scotland? This is going to get very dicey and I don't even know if an agreement is possible.

Jul 28, 2002
Well, i have had to vote for the "wait and see" if the market economy applies and it resorts itself with players wage, valuation decreasing. It has already began to act like this....only Man U have spent this season, now they have to sell to spend.

BUT i am not 100% sure that all the clubs wll survive, so i could have voted for the pan-european (preferably world, enforced by Fifa) restrictions.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
EU regulations, please. I think something needs to be done to regulate guys like Perez who are all about profit.

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
EU regulations, please. I think something needs to be done to regulate guys like Perez who are all about profit.
I don't know if it is that easy. What is to stop a rich owner who is getting frustrated by EU relegations (being it a salary cap or some sort of maximum salary) from going and buying a team in Turkey and signing all kinds of stars to much higher contracts then they would be allowed in an EU country?

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #8
    Very good point! So let's take this beyond the 15 nations of the EU...

UEFA?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by BigIzz ] ++
    I don't know if it is that easy. What is to stop a rich owner who is getting frustrated by EU relegations (being it a salary cap or some sort of maximum salary) from going and buying a team in Turkey and signing all kinds of stars to much higher contracts then they would be allowed in an EU country?
    Well in the sense that the EU is an attractive market, I don't think he would. (Turkey is closer to the EU every day btw;)) But I guess it's a possibility. The reason I mentioned the EU is that it is a somewhat uniform body able to make some decisions when it matters. Whereas UEFA, I don't know how much they can influence these things. The goal of course would be to achieve some sort of uniformity, at least throughout Europe. Probably easier said and done though, so hence I suggest the EU.

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
    The 3 big clubs have spent less in comparison with the new faces in Italy

so we can just chill

and about the Rich Politican etc......

We Have the Establishment and the old guard of Italy
    The Agnelli and Friends::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy:

And how about The COLONEL :cool::cool::cool:
    for politics

if we want we can bomb Silvio and Massimo
    or send over secret agents to their villas:devil::devil::devil:

But Hey We are not Milan so we don't play that way--------
    in Juve we are ethcical and moral
    :angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

But its good to know we have the Colonel
    :cool:

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
    that is his offical title

he is a strong person

he is fighting both the islamists and the imperialits on his own

Lybia is the muslim country with the smallest adult illeteracy rate

DIESEL

Aug 9, 2002
    i think the first suggestion is the best. salaries are escalating and that needs to be stopped. football players earn the most nowadays, and as a result their respective clubs suffer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)