Trofeo Tim: Juve vs Inter vs Milan [08/31/06] (12 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Don Bes said:
and you dont think that maybe, just maybe, him not playing 90 mins every game helped him not get injured so often
Thats not a good reason to bench him just because of "Injuries". It was clear Capello didn't like him and If he had the chance to bench him for life or sell him he wouldn't have hesitated.

But I think the pressure that fans and maybe Moggi put on him didn't allow him to put Dp on his transfer list.

However talking about Injuries, I think you play football to know that Injuries can take place anytime, depends on your moves, depends on the team your playing against, If it's a rough game or not. all these play a big role.

Capello's silly reason to keep benching dp was because "Ale is a great player, but he should maintain his full fitness"...thats what we used to hear from him every single week.

Jan 7, 2004
Azzurri7 said:
Thats not a good reason to bench him just because of "Injuries". It was clear Capello didn't like him and If he had the chance to bench him for life or sell him he wouldn't have hesitated.

But I think the pressure that fans and maybe Moggi put on him didn't allow him to put Dp on his transfer list.

However talking about Injuries, I think you play football to know that Injuries can take place anytime, depends on your moves, depends on the team your playing against, If it's a rough game or not. all these play a big role.

Capello's silly reason to keep benching dp was because "Ale is a great player, but he should maintain his full fitness"...thats what we used to hear from him every single week.

again, you are only reading what you want to read

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Don Bes said:
again, you are only reading what you want to read
Fine, I'll go with your theory though I obviously do not agree...But lets say, lets just predict Capello didnt play him full 90min just to keep him away from Injuries.

Why not start him every game when he was in a good form and moral?

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
DP staying fit almost the whole 2 years is surely partly because of the benching Capello did. However, when DP was fit and in form and Zlatan wasn't, why not start with DP then? It doesn't make sense to bench a player at that time even though he could get injured while playing.

So I think both Bes and Rab are correct. We will see how DP stays fit this season but that's for sure that he can't play every match and therefore we need to have good replacements for him. Much depends on Bojinov and Palladino this season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)