Trofeo Birra Moretti (6 Viewers)

genesio

Feb 15, 2004
yea really i am italian and i can read italian!!!
Alla Juventus il trofeo Moretti
Battuto il Palermo agli shoot-out dopo lo 0-0 nei 45'
BARI - La Juventus ha vinto l'ottava edizione del «Trofeo Birra Moretti». Dopo l'1-0 (gol di Trezeguet) con cui i bianconeri di Capello hanno regolato l'Inter di Mancini nella prima mini-gara, il Palermo di Guidolin ha battuto i nerazzurri (2-1 Morrone, Toni e Ventola i marcatori) nella seconda mini-gara del triangolare. Nella terza ed ultima gara 0-0 al 45' tra Juventus e Palermo, necessari gli shoot-out per assegnare il trofeo. L'ha spuntata la Juventus che ne ha realizzati 2 (Olivera e Miccoli), 1 solo per il Palermo (Farias).

gazzetta.it

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
sorry just a bit late on the last post

YES WE WON! FORZA JUVE

um liliana, just wondering, what did my corrupt referee-ing have to do with us winning? haha

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++

WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry,i wanted to say smg else,but my friend sent me a message telling me that we won,and i had to post it!!

i wanted to say,that being the ref in your leauge is pretty stupid...

but still,they may think that is obvious that you will be on their side and you won't make any money!

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++

Sorry,i wanted to say smg else,but my friend sent me a message telling me that we won,and i had to post it!!

i wanted to say,that being the ref in your leauge is pretty stupid...

but still,they may think that is obvious that you will be on their side and you won't make any money!
i get 20$ for center and 15$ for linesman in a 70 minute game, and they have to pay me if i ref, no matetr how unfair i am, its in their rules :D

im also going to ref under 10, non -competetive, girls, because i get the same pay and do absolutely nothing :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Juve take trophy as Inter slide
Tuesday 3 August, 2004

Juventus have won the Trofeo Moretti, but Inter crashed to defeat against both the Bianconeri and Palermo.

Inter, Juventus and newly promoted Palermo faced off at Bari’s Stadio San Nicola for the Trofeo Moretti on Tuesday evening. The tournament was decided with three mini-games lasting 45 minutes each and kicked off with the Derby d’Italia.

Juve and Inter had already faced off last week for the Trofeo Tim, with the Nerazzurri emerging with a 1-0 victory thanks to a goal from Obafemi Martins, but Emerson was now in the starting eleven.

Alessandro Del Piero and Adriano went close with free kicks, but it was Juve that drew first blood after nine minutes when David Trezeguet was left completely unmarked to nod in Gianluca Zambrotta’s cross.

Marco Materazzi’s looping header caused danger and soon after Juventus were left in ten men. Mauro Camoranesi had already been booked and attempted to punch a Del Piero free kick into the net, so he saw red for this silly gesture.

It was a fiery match that saw several yellow cards and some crunching tackles. Although the Nerazzurri piled on the pressure, they were unable to bring any real saves out of Gianluigi Buffon.

Losers Inter went on to face Palermo next with the inclusion of new signings Edgar Davids and Ze Maria. Yet it was the Sicilians who had the first chance when Francesco Toldo flew to fingertip out Luca Toni’s glancing header and perform a fine save on Eugenio Corini’s free kick.

Nicola Ventola, Fabio Grosso and Franco Brienza all clipped the woodwork before Palermo’s Stefano Morrone swept his finish into the top corner on the half-hour mark.

Brienza nearly doubled their lead soon after when he charged through the centre and was bravely blocked by substitute goalkeeper Alberto Fontana.

Ianis Zicu and Ze Maria had good chances saved, but it was Palermo who doubled their lead when Francesco Coco was easily dispossessed for Luca Toni’s tap-in.

Inter struck back within 30 seconds of the restart through Ventola’s fierce angled drive, but it was too late to save them from a second consecutive defeat and last place in the Trofeo Moretti tournament.

The decider was between Juventus and Palermo with Fabrizio Miccoli’s early chip just off target, then his crosses were glanced wide by Marcelo Zalayeta and Ciro Ferrara. The Rosanero also went close when Antonio Chimenti performed crucial saves on Farias and a spectacular long-range Emanuele Filippini effort.

There was panic in the Bianconeri box as Chimenti closed down Farias before Cristian Zaccardo’s follow-up was cleared off the line.

The game went to a shoot-out – players start from 20 metres up the field and have six seconds to run towards goal and shoot in a one-on-one with the goalkeeper. Ferri missed, Baiocco’s was saved, Filippini fired a chip over the bar, Olivera and Farias scored, as did Miccoli with a spectacular lob that ensured Juve lift the Trofeo Moretti.

Juventus 1-0 Inter

Scorer: Trezeguet 9 (J)

Sent off: Camoranesi 30 (J)

Palermo 2-1 Inter

Scorers: Morrone 30 (P), Toni 43 (P), Ventola 44 (I)

Palermo 0-0 Juventus

Juve win 2-1 after a shoot-out

===
Channel4

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Trofeo Moretti: Juve-Palermo 2-1
04 08 2004

La Juventus batte il Palermo agli shoot-out e si aggiudica il Trofeo Moretti 2004. Di Olivera e Miccoli i gol vittoria, di Farias, il gol palermitano. La Juve si aggiudica il Trofeo con cinque punti, secondo il Palermo con 4 punti, ultimo l'Inter con zero punti. Miglior giocatore del torneo, Emerson della Juve.

http://sports.virgilio.it/it/cmc/calcio/200432/cmc_70571.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)