[Trofeo Birra Moretti] Juve vs Napoli vs Milan (August 21st 2008) (3 Viewers)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
both games:

Chimenti
Bamba-Bassaoulé-Ariaudo-Molinaro
Esposito-Ekdal-Tiago-Castiglia-Rossi
Pasquato​

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
So I take it we are going to be missing Ale, Buffon, Iaquinta, Leggro, Chiellini and Camo for these games?
+ Grygera, Manninger, Poulsen, Mellberg and Knezevic.

Our keeper, wanted or not, will be Chimenti.
We'll also have Zebina (if not injured), Molinaro, Salihamidzic, Nedved, Trezeguet, Amauri, Tiago (?) and Sissoko from the senior team.

Probably the 3 guys from the olympic team (i don't know about Marchisio, though) will play a role.

As you can see, we have no cb's and we'll have to use primavera players there.

We'll see something like this :

Chimenti
Zebina(?)- primavera-primavera-Molinaro
Salihamidzic-Sissoko-Tiago(?)-Nedved
Trezeguet-Amauri​

Maybe even Giovinco as an AMC if Tiago won't play. De Ceglie could replace Molinaro for the second match while Ekdal, Rossi, Esposito and Pasquato will certainly get a chance.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Why do you guys play Milan so much before the season?
It makes you wonder. Sometimes I try to find a philosophical answer but I usually fail. Sometimes I think it's retarded, I try not to believe that though. I can honestly say that I have no answer to your question, I'm sorry.

:beer:

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Im sick and tired of these annoying same old summer friendlies!!! milan/inter/napoli crap. Pointless matches. unless we just play our youngsters give them a bit of playing time like the Arsenal do.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
It makes you wonder. Sometimes I try to find a philosophical answer but I usually fail. Sometimes I think it's retarded, I try not to believe that though. I can honestly say that I have no answer to your question, I'm sorry.

:beer:
I really can't fathom playing a rival in a game that doesn't matter. You can only have two conclusions: 1) Since the match is against a rival, you're player will play hard, raising the likelihood of injury, cards etc. No one wants to lose to a rival, ever so there is more pressure to play a competitive line up. You don't want that crap in a friendly. 2) The team agree to play the match like it doesn't matter. Defeat is more likely with the guard down and since it is to a rival morale can suffer. Even if victory is accomplished the team could end up playing similarly in the future causing further losses when matches really matter. Sure there are some positives but I think they are far outweighed by the negative possibilities. Why not just play Genoa or someone? Still Serie A competition but there is no pressure other than to play players for fitness and to experiment with line ups, which is what friendlies are for in the first place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)