Trofeo Birra Moretti [Friday, August 12th] (9 Viewers)

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by juvefan ] ++

I still remembered when he made the kung-fu kick on the chest of Pippo Inzaghi. :groan:
Yeah. I've never seen Pippo that mad before.

Nice second goal by Zlatan and I like the build up to Zalayeta's goal. I hope he stays :down:

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
Did zlatans goal deflect off a defender. when i reviewed it again i thought he hit a defender on the way. Neways im happy for him that hes improving and i wish him the best of luck for the new season, as i wish all juve strikers, but i still dont agree that Del Piero doesnt start bcuz i think we should have an attacker starting in the line up, because we practiacally a foreign team already. LIke our midfield is consisting of all foreigners for christ sakes.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++

We beat inter wearing black and white :undecide:

Can someone say how did the players play? In both games..
Especially:
Nedved, Del Piero, Mutu, Camorensi, Zebina, Zlatan..
If you go back a few pages before you ask such a question, maybe you'll find it.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
After watching the games, I thought we were very good against Inter. We passed well, and Zlatan had 2 decent goals, very quickly into the game

The second game against Napoli, I thought our whole team (minus Mutu) played like shit. We couldnt pass, couldnt do anything with the ball, and typical Zala- makes a good goal, and misses an absolute sitter

Napoli played very well, and its a matter of time before Serie B comes a calling.

My last comment is about MaterazzCRAP...

This cheap SOB doesnt belong on a football pitch, and sure as hell doesnt deserve a callup for the Azzurri in the next WC

This guy is an embarassment, and WILL cost us dearly in the finals if Lippi puts him on the team !!!

If you thought Totti was shameful, just wait to see what the bastard pulls....

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Sadomin ] ++
Napoli win after those penalties from distance, where the player dribbles from distance. Zambro and Mutu miss and Napoli score both (3 penalties per team).

I'll try to comment all the players' average performance in these two games.

1 Buffon - Didn't play

6 Kovac - Played the second game and did it decently. Looks solid and experienced. A good backup. Had a handball in the penalty area though, luckily the referee missed it.

7 Pessotto - He's past it. He plays with heart but brought a Napoli player down which resulted in a penalty, because of his lack of pace. Rarely went up to help in attack.

8 Emerson - Much like last year although more active in attack. I believe he'll be even better this year.

9 Ibrahimovic - Scored after a minute, and netted a free-kick. Was both effective and creative until he was knocked down by Materazzi and walked out with an injury. Nothing serious though.

10 Del Piero - ...

11 Nedved - Links up well with the rest of the team and never stops running. Not very involved in the passing though and didn't show much creativity.

12 Chimenti - He's not bad, just not Juve quality at all. For someone with his age, he looks very insecure. Time for a new backup perhaps?

16 Camoranesi - One of the best in the first game. He showed some nice technique, passing and Juve loses a complete dimension of creativity whenever he is not on the field.

17 Trezeguet - Was involved in the first goal vs Inter, otherwise invisible.

18 Mutu - Very positive surprise. Runs, dribbles, passes, crosses. One assist and a shot on the bar. Achieves more than Nedved.

19 Zambrotta - Solid performance as usual. Could be more attacking though.

20 Blasi - Wow, is this the same Blasi we saw last year? He dribbled, passed, helped out both in offense and defense. His versatility will prove to be useful this season.

21 Thuram - Very solid performance in the back as usual.

22 Bonnefoi - Didn't play.

23 Giannichedda - Works very hard and doesn't try to do things he is incapable of. Perhaps he should stop fouling whenever he loses the ball though.

24 Olivera - Bah.

25 Zalayeta - Scored a goal, missed an absolute sitter. Not a bad performance from the 5th forward. Is involved in the game, unlike Trez and DP.

27 Zebina - Plays with emotion. Mixes fantastic play with Zebinates. Slapped a Napoli player.

28 Cannavaro - See Thuram.
Thanks for the report mate.
Blasi versatile? He seems more like a 1-dimensional player to me.

ESS-Juventino

May 6, 2005
I saw whole trophy and I made 4 Conclusions:

1- Adrian Mutu: man of the trophy for juventus. Played very well and proove his worth. Smart Moggi! I think he is too motivated and we can count on him this season.

2- Ruben Olivera: Really don't undesratand his situation and waste his chances in crucial moments.

3- Jonathan Zebina: I think he is much better now. I believe he is more trustfull recently.

4- We have a very competetive squad and even better with Vieira and Probably arrival of miguel and cassano.
almost two team plays in two games and in both we had a great
performance.

I finally believe we can make a wonderfull and amazing season. One to remember many years.

After Juventus 1995-1996 which won everything, This squad can do the same again.

Forza Juventus.

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++

Thanks for the report mate.
Blasi versatile? He seems more like a 1-dimensional player to me.
Was surprised myself; but didnt see the Birra Moretti trophy so couldnt really judge. Hopefully he has become a much better player

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)