Trofeo Birra Moretti 2007 (6 Viewers)

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
Well, if I was making the decision, the only job I'd give Capello for the Azzurri is the guy who stuffs luggage into the bus.
He wouldn't be my ideal choice but down to him or Donadoni...in a few years maybe Donadoni. Since were only theorising...for now, the fat man with the glasses has to be better.

capello would be a failure for the azzurri hes a fantastic manager at club domestic level but continental/international - he simply cant adapt omg could u imagine? the lack of defensive mids in italy would prompt him to give blasi a call up
If he did that I'd lend you my sharpening stone for your axe!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has hit back at the fans' rather fickle response to the two defeats to Inter Milan and Juventus yesterday.

Reminding Napoli fans that they themselves had been praising these players as being of Serie A quality not so long ago, he asked them to not make too much out of two 45 minute games.

He also hinted that the club could sign around three more players before the transfer window slams shut.

"This is the same side that took us up from Serie B, and when we were in the Cadetti they said that we had Serie A players, but now that we are up they aren’t good enough," De Laurentiis quipped.

"We have made three signings so far, but we are ready to make another three. We are a club who think of the future and we’re not just creating a squad for one year."

Coach Edy Roja chose to look at the sitiation differently.

"We’re not quite ready to take on sides like Inter and Juventus, but we are gradually getting there," he said.

"I’m happy with the new signings and especially Ezequiel Lavezzi who really impressed me. I knew him and his quality and it seemed strange that he had been receiving some criticism recently.

"I just saw a great party atmosphere, and I don’t want to comment on any banners. I’m sure that once the season starts the fans will be behind us."

goal.com

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
They're not happy...you ever been there, man? Their regional dialect Italian is something else to hear! Beautiful city though.
I was there many years ago! I am looking to go Europe next year, go to Switzerland for the Euro's, than head to Italy and possibly England. The dialect in Napoli is something different yes, but have you heard the dialect of Sardegna? Now that is a totally different language..

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I personally wouldn't say Napoli outplayed us, as we did have a good amount of possession. In fact, I'd call the match more of a stalemate where Ale came to save us once again.

While many people think Zalayeta is worthless, I have to say he sure as hell looked better than Iaquinta last night. In all honesty, considering the amount we payed Udinese, we should have just kept Zalayeta and spent some money on a younger, more useful striker. That would have made more sense. Hell, even Saviola is a better player than that guy.
were you able to watch the game on Streamone ??

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
I was there many years ago! I am looking to go Europe next year, go to Switzerland for the Euro's, than head to Italy and possibly England. The dialect in Napoli is something different yes, but have you heard the dialect of Sardegna? Now that is a totally different language..
No, I haven't. I have the Sardegna Uno channel on my satellite but they use correct Italian pronunciation & grammar as it's receivable over much of Europe.
I've only ever seen the town of Cagliari on my tv screen...

I once dated a girl from Corsica...it's supposedly French but actually a combination of that & Italian which you probably know.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
No, I haven't. I have the Sardegna Uno channel on my satellite but they use correct Italian pronunciation & grammar as it's receivable over much of Europe.
I've only ever seen the town of Cagliari on my tv screen...

I once dated a girl from Corsica...it's supposedly French but actually a combination of that & Italian which you probably know.
they say its a mix of Italian, French and Portuguese... really weird.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The dialect in Napoli is something different yes, but have you heard the dialect of Sardegna? Now that is a totally different language..
Considering Sardegna is so far from the main motherland of Italy, I'd have to suspect they would have quite a different dialect. I would assume the differences are not just regarding pronunciation and probably have different words for many nouns and adjectives alike compared to traditional Italian.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Name a top manager with a top team that has ever made such a statement.

You should not generalise. I don't want Lippi back becos 3 times is overkill but Ranieri aint a manger I have any faith in and to come up with that kind of statement is silly

Maybe some of you do not respect the likes of vinman, andy and myself but we speak the truth and if you don't like it tough diddley.

Some of us don't see the point in complaining when it is too late like some of you will eventually do, boring everyone to tears when things do not go well with us as we have enough foresight to know things are not goingto go well.

We do not all have a hidden agenda, i sure as hell do not, i do not go hoping Ranieri does not succeed but from the start I was shocked that he was considered, let alone given the job. Now instead of proving me wrong, he is adding to my reservations with stupid statements and some strange decisions on the pitch.

Some of you guys will always say i will give him a chance. What the hell does that mean? You have been watching football for years and you should know who will succeed and who won't. Iaquinta is not suddenly going to be a world class striker because he joined Juve. Boumsong is not suddenly going to put in world class performances because he joined Juventus

The best Ranieri has done in his career is his first stint at Valencia and that was getting them to play great stuff, not that they won anything but their football was superb. No matter what chance you give him from now till 2020, he is not a championship winning manager and neither is Carlo Mazzone or Graeme Souness.

But don't worry as long as Inter is not as successful as they were last season, I am sure we can all live with that and screw whatever Juve achieve as long as Inter do not win the scudetto
if we know who would succeed and not then it shouldn't be a problem for all those experienced ppl that running clubs in the world ? Tell me one coach in the world that would definitely succeed and i will start a pool to pay bring him in and pay his wages.

Success doesn't happen overnight.I agree with you that the signs don't look good now or for the future, i completely agree with you on that. But we need to wait and see what happens during the season. Also about Iaquinta and boumsong.

Also the success is a vague word right now, we have our targets for the season and i will say he has failed when the time is right i guess and its not now.

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
if we know who would succeed and not then it shouldn't be a problem for all those experienced ppl that running clubs in the world ? Tell me one coach in the world that would definitely succeed and i will start a pool to pay bring him in and pay his wages.

Success doesn't happen overnight.I agree with you that the signs don't look good now or for the future, i completely agree with you on that. But we need to wait and see what happens during the season. Also about Iaquinta and boumsong.

Also the success is a vague word right now, we have our targets for the season and i will say he has failed when the time is right i guess and its not now.
:agree: +rep

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
I wont bore everyone with the play by play of what happened last night, and I won't be praising Ranieri (or should I say sucking his dick like chicken hawk and fish-gills do).

Fact is Napoli out-played us in game number one. They controlled the midfield, beating us in numbers (5 versus our 3), and had a few good attempts as well (Dalla Bona should have scored when he just walked in without being touched, and had a good blast from 20 yards out).

DP saved the game, plain and simple. He must have realized that his team was putting very little together offensively, and decided to take matters into his own hands. Bravo Ale !!

Iaquinta proved me right once again (he'll NEVER let me down) by showing that he is a colossal waste of money and has limited skills. The traingle attack will never work with that waste of space in there.

In game two against what seemed to be Inter's primavera side, it took BUMsong less than 2 minutes to fuck things up, and because of him, Inter was on the board faster than you can say "guidorossifuckedus". Secco, dont sell him....GIVE HIM AWAY !!! I am sick of ppl on this forum making excuses for this guy...he isnt Juve material, plain and simple. Go find a Serie C2 team that you will fit in

And speaking of sending guys out of here, why hasnt the door slammed shut on Olivera, Legro, Blasi and Zalayeta as well ??

Someone posted the fact that Zalayeta saved his job last night....my question is "what exactly did he do ??" He missed the net on several occasions, we could bring in plenty of bums from a bus station who could do the exact same thing, so why not sign them too ??

I am not confident in this team, nor its coach right now, and if things dont improve with our GAMEPLAY very soon, then we may be struggling at mid table

words of wisdom from the chicken hawk :tdown: :disagree:

its funny, you are the ony one who evr results to calling people names. clearly you are not the master tactician you think you are, always moaning, you want to do a better job you go and apply for a coaching job or something.

i do agree that boumsong is shit but you talk about gameplay being poor but in the inter amtch you have not analysed any gameplay dickface. honestly its cunts like you who need to go back to school and learn things like tolerance and social skills.

i dont get why you think players are super hearoes who can streatch their legs 50 metres and run at a hundred miles per hour, it may happen in the comics you read but in real life we play and people make mistakes and this is a FRIENDLY. But there is not getting through to arrogant little cunts like yourself.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002

Oh I beg to differ, you would know if a manger stands a very good chance of succeeding.

I expected Lippi to succeed at Juve when he came in 1994 because of the minir miracle he performed at Napoli, post Maradona, they qualified for UEFA and I think they came in 4th or something, and at Atalanta he made them into a very good side. I expected Capello to be successful because he always is. I expected Ferguson to be sucessful because he took Aberdeen to European world cup winners success.

I would have prefered Juan De Ramos because he is good and has won 2 uefa cups with unfashionable Sevilla. You expect the special one to be sucessful because he won all the big ones with Porto. Benitez won the to la ligas with Valencia so you are not surprised to see him suceed at Liverpool

Heizfeld at Bayern, you expect to succeed at Bayern, but you do not really expect Hector Cuper to win very much as his record shows. I am not condemning Ranieri but between he and the board, they are not doing things right in terms of transfer. I still do not understand how Ranieri, having worked with Pablo Aimar and Eidur Gudjohnssen, now does not feel that they are better options than some of the guys they have bought.

Anyways they seem to have a plan, so we should just wait and see but it aint looking good. Some guys seem to think we are still the big dogs in serieA, we are not, so you cannot just add any old rudiepoo and think the others would carry his ass in the team.

Gone are the days that Vieira, Emerson, Trez, Camoranesi, Dp, Cannavaro, Dp, Zlatan, Zambrotta, Nedved Buffon, Thuram can carry passengers at any 1 time or the other. This team cannot afford to carry passengers so they all have to be on the money or they won't win many matches.

Are we really better than Fiorentina or Lazio? This present squad? I don't think so but we have the history of winning, let just hope that is the deciding factor as coming in the first 3 is almost impossible unless, the likes of Inter, Milan or Roma are deducted points

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Oh I beg to differ, you would know if a manger stands a very good chance of succeeding.

I expected Lippi to succeed at Juve when he came in 1994 because of the minir miracle he performed at Napoli, post Maradona, they qualified for UEFA and I think they came in 4th or something, and at Atalanta he made them into a very good side. I expected Capello to be successful because he always is. I expected Ferguson to be sucessful because he took Aberdeen to European world cup winners success.

I would have prefered Juan De Ramos because he is good and has won 2 uefa cups with unfashionable Sevilla. You expect the special one to be sucessful because he won all the big ones with Porto. Benitez won the to la ligas with Valencia so you are not surprised to see him suceed at Liverpool

Heizfeld at Bayern, you expect to succeed at Bayern, but you do not really expect Hector Cuper to win very much as his record shows. I am not condemning Ranieri but between he and the board, they are not doing things right in terms of transfer. I still do not understand how Ranieri, having worked with Pablo Aimar and Eidur Gudjohnssen, now does not feel that they are better options than some of the guys they have bought.

Anyways they seem to have a plan, so we should just wait and see but it aint looking good. Some guys seem to think we are still the big dogs in serieA, we are not, so you cannot just add any old rudiepoo and think the others would carry his ass in the team.

Gone are the days that Vieira, Emerson, Trez, Camoranesi, Dp, Cannavaro, Dp, Zlatan, Zambrotta, Nedved Buffon, Thuram can carry passengers at any 1 time or the other. This team cannot afford to carry passengers so they all have to be on the money or they won't win many matches.

Are we really better than Fiorentina or Lazio? This present squad? I don't think so but we have the history of winning, let just hope that is the deciding factor as coming in the first 3 is almost impossible unless, the likes of Inter, Milan or Roma are deducted points
Imagine having two Del Pieros in the team.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003

well i agree with what you mentioned but nothing is guaranteed in this world, and i guess we will have to wait and see whether the risk the management took on claudio is going to pay off or not.

i know you didn't just make your prediction based on the pre season matches like other ppl, but i am willing to wait just a bit more.

We forget how much we lost during last year, and that this is fairly a new squad.With some sensitive areas where we have new players, and they just like the coach need time.

I can see how the management chose ranieri, even though he failed to impress a lot of ppl in his chelsea stint.I was impressed by him during the parma and valencia stints and especially the former where he was able to motivate a team that basically dead. Also one positive from his chelsea stint is that he built a good squad for mourinho, and i think we will see the same here in juve(even if it potentially underachieves).

And another thing we agree on is that we are miles behind lazio and the viola and especially lazio who have a very good team that demolish any on their day from what i've recently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)