Trofeo Birra Moretti 2007 (3 Viewers)

nucleo21

THE HUNTER
Apr 1, 2007
Listen every body. I think that all the squad will function perfectly for example in first game with Livorno, in midfield < Camo - Tiago - Almiron - Nedeved > attack < Del Piero - Trezeguet >.but wait a sec. our defense is very bed, it is not functioning, they make the panic are very unsecured, and i think becouse we don\t have the leader who comand. I think that Juve urgently get back Cannavaro. or we are in trouble in these season.
Sorry for my english but i hope you understand.

FORZA JUVENTUS

Buy on AliExpress.com

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Getting a little off the topic but why cant we play two friendlys with two different sides (mixed with first and second). I just read that man utd did that with their side, effectively beating glentoran and dunfirmaline. I mean if Ranieri really wants to give his second side a chance this IMO would be the best way. BTW whose our assistant manager?

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I didn't watch any of the games so I can only go from what I have noticed.

We have played 4 matches, assuming Inter and Napoli is just 1 game or more accurately 8 halves of football but we have scored just 2 goals and apparently 2 of them goals were scored outside the box.

We are leaking goals and from what I have seen, our defence is nonsense but it is slightly more worrying that Trez and other strikers have not scored.

I am not sure I understand the psychology behind the picking of teams and the amount of minutes that they play either. If you want to pick tiago and Almiron as your main midfield, then stick with it and any holes or deficiencies can be ironed out between them before the season starts.

Quit the chopping and changing because it not only confuses the players, it confuses the fans. Is it in our DNA not to have a settled team and play with them regardless? I do not subscribe to a player being versatile because more likely than not his talents are wasted as he does not have a specific position

If you are gonna play Grygera at right back, play him there and nowhere else, if you are going to play Chiellini at centre back, play him there and nowhere else

All this chopping and changing does not help continuity and flow of football and it way to prevalent in Italy and especially Juventus. Have they tried Boumsong at right back because at least there he is less likely to be a disaster with an error otherwise get rid of him. I don't want him as an alternative at centreback neither do i want Grygera playing there at all.

Salihamidic is a decent right back but when i saw him he was playing as a right winger, what kind of crap is that? He is not creative. just enthusiastic and he should not be an option there.

One of the big reasons that Ranieri has failed as a manager is because he never seems to know in his mind what his first team is and he seems to be doing the same thing here.

I would like him to pick a first team, get them all match fit by playing matches and putting in subs afterwards to get them all match fit but the first team should get to know eachother better

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I would also favor a more attacking wise formation,
like 4-3-3, instead of the boring 4-4-2, but unfortunately,
our roster favors 4-4-2, we have 4 good wingers, and we shouldnt waste them on the bench, just to use the worst player we got this season, the useless forward named Iaquinta.
Iaquinta was a mistake, we knew that from the beginning, unfortunately, we had to pay a very high fee for this mistake, a fee that would have helped to get a high class CB. Now we got an incompetent forward and absolutely no need to use him, since we have players like Zalayeta and Palladino, who are many times better than he will ever will be. We could have keep Bojinov for half of the money we gave for him...anyway...

CR keep doing his experiments, he fielded a decent team against Napoli, we didnt play impressive just because of Iaquinta, but we were able to control an ambitious Napoli at her home,we we really struggled last year
and even managed to grab the victory, where our 2006-2007 squad, failed.

I dont understand what is happening with Chiellini, our defense is our weakest spot and he is our best defender, why CR isnt using him is beyond me,
i dont think we will replace him either, Molinaro is not a player that would handle a serie A starter, he has 1/3 of Balzaretti's value.

I m also worried on the right back position, CR has decided to use Zebina as the first choice there, its pretty obvious and the second choice is Birindelli, Grygera might be injured now, but he has only been used as a CB under CR,
because of the lack of a proper CB (Boumosng doesnt count, he prove that every time he gets a chance) Andrade's partner will be either Grygera or Chiellini, both of them are best used as full backs and are not as solid, as CBs,
i predict that we will have less than 7 clean sheets through the season...

Our midfield is our strong point, we have many reliable solutions there, our most important player, seems to be Almiron, he is a very influent player, capable both in defense and attack, i was impressed and admired him, right from the first time i saw him in a bianconero jersey and he never failed to confirm me, i insist that he is our best summer acquisition, the Juventus jersey isnt all that heavy for him, he can handle the pressure and the competition,
Tiago isnt that bad either, but he is a step behind, mostly because Almiron has a serie A experience.
Nocerino is a promising player but def not a serie A starter yet, he has a lot to learn alongside Zanetti and soon he will be able to help and become a dominant force in our midfield, he has to learn how to control his rage first.

Zalayeta is becoming an experienced player, he slowly starts to have the feel of the game, he is no longer running up and down like a headless chicken and is capable to support a serious forward of doing his job, not Palla just yet though,
the Palla-Zala duo is our less effective duo, any other combination would do.
I dont know if we will be able to motivate Zala though, he has always been a fair player and a loyal man to our cause, but we shouldnt treat him like that,
he was promised first team football to an inferior team, where he would finally get the chance to sign and we now keep him in our roster, like a hostage, just to teach Iaquinta some of his tricks, its a waste of time, Iaquinta will never learn...

Despite the hype, the "derby" against Inter was considered a meaningless game out of both teams and coaches, we were concentrated on beating a team of our league Napoli and totally gave up against the superiority of the 3rd team of mighty Inter, Mancini did us a favor, he fielded a beatable team just to give us the change to challenge for the "cup", out "uber" motivated team that would "eat" Inter players alive didnt showed up though, we didnt relied on teamwork either,
but that was smth everybody expected from a new team (everybody but a few Juve fans)
All in all, it was a decent performance from our side and the game was actually decided in a detail, it seemed that both Palla and Cesar were in offside positions,
but the refs were accurate enough to do justice, i hope that we wont have to face a less Juve-friendly, arbitration treatment in the championship!
After the goal Inter lowered their standards, they seemed not to have the will to finish us off
and they were just toying with us until the end of the game,
thats why we managed to step up, our game a little bit but not enough, we lacked the decisive player that would do the difference.

We will soon run out of excuses, luckily our team seems to improving a bid,
we still lack consistency, solidity and teamwork
3 factors that would help us a lot and hide our lack of quality in player material,
in our race for the 4th place in the championship...

Arvin

Juve Star
Dec 30, 2004
wtf raineri....against napoli we played 4.3.3 and against inter 4.4.2 and we played with treze, DP, laquinta but we should played against inter 4.3.3 no DP, n treze, and of course n chielleni....

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Nocerino played the full 45 against Napoli and half of the Inter match. It made sense to give him a rest and by bringing on Olivera Ranieri was able to move Almiron into the middle where he is most effective.
Exactly. I don't understand the fuss about that sub either. Made perfect sense.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
tbh why are these people whining, we played a fuller strength side against napoli and won. we played inters B team and we played our B team too, and tbh played quite well. raneiri is doing what he thinks is best. and the fact that people are getting angry with his decisions already and gving their own opinions leads me to think that why are they not doing his job? because you would probably fuk up at the first inteval. let the man do his job, wait till the season then start all your BS

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
tbh why are these people whining, we played a fuller strength side against napoli and won. we played inters B team and we played our B team too, and tbh played quite well. raneiri is doing what he thinks is best. and the fact that people are getting angry with his decisions already and gving their own opinions leads me to think that why are they not doing his job? because you would probably fuk up at the first inteval. let the man do his job, wait till the season then start all your BS
dont worry about them mate, ive stopped reading all the bullshit people on here post.
i agree with you 100%

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
wtf raineri....against napoli we played 4.3.3 and against inter 4.4.2 and we played with treze, DP, laquinta but we should played against inter 4.3.3 no DP, n treze, and of course n chielleni....
What's the big deal? It was a friendly and a 45 minute one at that. Inter didn't put out their strongest team either.

OP
TERENCEE
Mar 28, 2007
  • Thread Starter #951
    Getting a little off the topic but why cant we play two friendlys with two different sides (mixed with first and second). I just read that man utd did that with their side, effectively beating glentoran and dunfirmaline. I mean if Ranieri really wants to give his second side a chance this IMO would be the best way. BTW whose our assistant manager?
    christian damiano
    second assistant - paolo benetti

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
    renieri didnt want to loose against inter with the first team so he started the first team against napoli.

as for the 433 formation. it was a disaster. if he want to apply it he should train the team on it more often.

zalayeta was very good, as he always does against mediocre defense.
    paladino showed his quality. nicorino too

Iquenta was physically dominant as usual but he fails to deliver. IMO he is trying too much to score. once he get his first goal he will be more comfortable

Trez was disappointing. to be fair he didnt get the service he always does but we played 433 which should give him a bit more space since there are two other players upfront.

In general the performances are improving with every match. I hope we get to an acceptable level before the league kicks off.

Jun 26, 2007
    Exactly my thoughts. :tup:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    I don't remember I read his name between injured players.
    I read on j1897.com, that Chiellini had gotten himself injured. What the injury is, or if it's true; I don't know.

Anyway I think Zanetti should be a starter, at least against opponents where some more defensive covers is required(we could stick to the almiron-tiago partnership against some of the lesser sides). He is our most underrated player, he offers a lot of stability, covers a lot of ground and compared to many of our previous defensive midfielders; he is actually quite capable with a ball at his feet.

Nocerino is great too, so much energy; but he doesn't have Zanetti's experience yet.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
    Nocerino = A Beast. Every team needs a player like him. A few more friendlies for him and he may be a full time starter.

Almiron = Makes Juventus management look really good. This guy is perfect.

Chiellini = Where are you?

Criscito = Closer to being ready than I thought, but still a year away from seeing any real playing time.

Zalayeta = Should play over Iaquinta at this point

Iaquinta = proving why he will be a backup. I think he will settle down nicely... when he settles down.

Tiago = I hope he finds himself soon. He is playing below his standard. I would play Almiron, Nocerino and Zanetti ahead of him at this point.

Andrade = Smart player. He has been silent, and that is a good thing.

Ranieri = Needs to make up his mind. He will hold us back with his lack of decisiveness.

Did I mention that Nocerino is a beast?

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
    I read on j1897.com, that Chiellini had gotten himself injured. What the injury is, or if it's true; I don't know.

Anyway I think Zanetti should be a starter, at least against opponents where some more defensive covers is required(we could stick to the almiron-tiago partnership against some of the lesser sides). He is our most underrated player, he offers a lot of stability, covers a lot of ground and compared to many of our previous defensive midfielders; he is actually quite capable with a ball at his feet.

Nocerino is great too, so much energy; but he doesn't have Zanetti's experience yet.
    Nocerino or Zanetti should start next to Almiron in the center of a 442 midfield. I think that is the smartest move at this point.

juvefan10

May 14, 2006

you're right..
    i do think that zanetti is underrated
    just look, he sometimes does passes that makes me wonder if he is our playmaker..
    he's experienced player and i can see it from how "mild" he plays
    he defends well and can play both, in attack & defence, i think that our midfield is superb thing.. with nocerino, zanetti, almiron & tiago in it..
    boumsong...
    he's 12th player of opponent while we play with 10..
    the faster we sell him the better it is ...

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
    you're right..
    i do think that zanetti is underrated
    just look, he sometimes does passes that makes me wonder if he is our playmaker..
    he's experienced player and i can see it from how "mild" he plays
    he defends well and can play both, in attack & defence, i think that our midfield is superb thing.. with nocerino, zanetti, almiron & tiago in it..
    boumsong...
    he's 12th player of opponent while we play with 10..
    the faster we sell him the better it is ...[/
    QUOTE]

Haha... that is funny. A bit harsh though. Mmmm... maybe not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)