Tristan new sub for Trez? (2 Viewers)

mfaried

May 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
torres is great player, but he's too expensive for us.
Why should he be very expensive? With Trez leaving I beleive that we should spend some money to get a qaulity sriker in order 2 b competitive in serie a and europe. If not then we shouldn't let trez go!

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i dont mind this idea at all. he is cheap, 28 years old, has experience at all levels. Sure he is spanish, but in the end, if a player like gilardino joins, at least we have someone who has the experience needed on bench, or if he finds form, by all means, start him as he is a very good player.

gilardino seems to have a price tag on his head now that shouldnt be. yes he is young and has performed well this season, but its only this season. one season isnt enough to merit 20 million, especially in todays market.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I dont wanna see Gila wear roma sh*% as$#0(3

we must buy gila.if tristan only 3,5 mil pound .i think we can buy him.

tristan and gila in ,di vaio out.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Tristan is a proven forward, but he is a Liga player, and some of them get real trouble to adjust to Serie A ( look at Mendieta, De la Peña, Lopez, Guardiola, farinos,etc.)

Gilardino has exploted this season but lets see if he can stand at the same level next season........

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
how the hell is gila better than tristan? thats crazy
Gilardino's 21, Italian and has shown that he can play in Serie A
Tristan's 28, Spanish and plays in Spain :scared:

juvegeo

Mar 10, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

Gilardino's 21, Italian and has shown that he can play in Serie A
Tristan's 28, Spanish and plays in Spain :scared:

that's right, maybe tristan was good sriker last year, but now he isn't
i think Gila will be much better

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
oh i want us to get gila and not to think and talk about the possible candidates for the forward position, but it seems thaqt with every day we are getting far away form that idea. i wonder why moggi is thinking buying tristan when there is great possibility of getting talanted, young, italian gila

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Tina ] ++
oh i want us to get gila and not to think and talk about the possible candidates for the forward position, but it seems thaqt with every day we are getting far away form that idea. i wonder why moggi is thinking buying tristan when there is great possibility of getting talanted, young, italian gila
still these are just rumours, I think that Moggi & Agnelli family can see what's the best solution, and they'll bringing Gila to Juve... :D

btw, how's our "new stadium-project" developing?! That's the only reason why we wouldn't bring in new QUALITY players...

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
yeah that can be one of the reasons, however i have the question, if we get new stadium next year, which will be modeled after british ones, it means that there won't be possibility to hold olompiade there.anyone knows anything?

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Tristan, imo the best link up target man in world football with Kluivert, though they both have had relatively poor seasons, that does not detract from their quality as they were hardly played this season

Gilardino is a fine player who has had a fantastic season but its just one season and its with Parma, a place where way too many players have excelled and then gone onto something else and flopped

If he can reproduce this next season then we can start talking about him as a true talent but I do like him and won't mind him but my expectations are not as high as most ppl here who always seem topraise the flavour of the month and disregard a player just for having one relatively poor season

I still cannot believe there is a poll to get rid of Nedved (thats disgusting)

Biggest prob with Tristan is that if he is paired with Dp, then expect a lot of tellevision breaking as they can both drive you nuts when they are not in the mood as they are both very lackadaisical in the same way.

It seems strange that we seem to be going for players that are either free or have a poor season so as to have their price tag diminish instead of the trully good and fruitful players with creativity and pace which this squad sadly lacks

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
The same story again , moggi prefer cheaper players:(
moggi may be a little too frugal for all our liking,but if we're gonna have to match chelsea's 15m i'd agree with moggi and let him go(as much as i'd hate to see it.)15m is not prudent at all for a young inexperienced striker,and no matter what many of us think the fact is that he is still relatively unproven.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Tristan, imo the best link up target man in world football with Kluivert, though they both have had relatively poor seasons, that does not detract from their quality as they were hardly played this season

Gilardino is a fine player who has had a fantastic season but its just one season and its with Parma, a place where way too many players have excelled and then gone onto something else and flopped

If he can reproduce this next season then we can start talking about him as a true talent but I do like him and won't mind him but my expectations are not as high as most ppl here who always seem topraise the flavour of the month and disregard a player just for having one relatively poor season

I still cannot believe there is a poll to get rid of Nedved (thats disgusting)

Biggest prob with Tristan is that if he is paired with Dp, then expect a lot of tellevision breaking as they can both drive you nuts when they are not in the mood as they are both very lackadaisical in the same way.

It seems strange that we seem to be going for players that are either free or have a poor season so as to have their price tag diminish instead of the trully good and fruitful players with creativity and pace which this squad sadly lacks
As usual a great post by you, Denco!
I agree that Tristan is great and I have to repeat that he had a great beginning of the season, than got injured and Pandiani got his spot. He is cheaper than many other players and is an upgrade to Trez. I am not asking for more. However, I do think that Morientes and Vieri are our main targets.
Nedved has to stay. I have never questioned that. How can you sell the winner of the golden ball, the player who is IMO with Zidane the best midfielder in the world??? As you said Denco, thats disgusting.
About Gilardino: It would be risky to buy him as a starter and expect big things from him. He is very young and a promissing talent, but I would let him play another season at Parma. If we don't buy him now, nobody will do that! So, get him in a year, or buy Gila and Tristan or Morientes....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)