Tristan new sub for Trez? (1 Viewer)

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
Gazzetta dello Sport indicates that Juventus has spotted in Tristan a possible substitute of Trezeguet. Since it looks that Morientes is heading towards Chelsea and that Gilardino's price will be inaccessible for Juventus funds,. The Tristan option looks like the more realistic, since the price would go around 5 million € and the good performances of the spanish striker against the big Italian teams this year in champions league conviced Juve to go for him.

What do u guys think?

I honestly think it would be a good buy, since Tristan is one of my favorites strikers in the spanish league. He is strong, has a really good technique, good also with the the head and capable also to give good assists. He reminds me in the movements a little bit Van Basten.

The only problem with Tristan that affects his carrer and also his way to stardoom is his irregularity. If the future coach of Juve could correct that then u may have an incredible striker for really cheap. I really hope this goes through since I prefer Tristan over Morientes. My first choice would be Gila, but I think his price would raise up as there are many teams that want him, but in case Gila's deal fails, I would definitely go for him.

Also another striker that could do good is Samuel Eto'o. A fantastic striker! He reminds me Henry.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 19, 2003
Tristan was benched for, I believe, most of Deportivo's matches this season. I couldn't understand it. :confused:

As for Eto, I think he's very good, but when Egypt played Cameroon not too long ago, our defence, which is the weakest line in our squad, completely shut him down. I'm guessing if we can do that to him, Italian defenders will give him no breathing space at all.

But then again, maybe that was an off-day for him.......who knows.

OP

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    Eto'o is a formidable striker imo. I belive more in a off-day. I follow the liga here and I can assure that the guy is pure class and speed. The only problem with Eto'o is his personality a little bit off the the top sometimes is waay to hot blooded.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Tristan, huh? Well, he's a quality player and for 5m would make a fantastic signing I reckon. Gilardino is still my number one target for the striker spot, but if Tristan can recapture that amazing form he displayed a while back he would be just as good, and cheaper too. The only problem is that Spaniards have never been very successful in Italy, and I'm not sure that tristan's the man to change that.

OP

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    Tristan, huh? Well, he's a quality player and for 5m would make a fantastic signing I reckon. Gilardino is still my number one target for the striker spot, but if Tristan can recapture that amazing form he displayed a while back he would be just as good, and cheaper too. The only problem is that Spaniards have never been very successful in Italy, and I'm not sure that tristan's the man to change that.
    U r right Stu, but Tristan has always performed real well against the big Italian teams and especially against Juve...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Yeah, Tristan is quality, there's no doubt about that in my mind, I just hope that if we get him, Morientes, Torres or some other Spanish striker, they adapt well to Serie A.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    The first thing that strikes me is that Tristian is Spanish, and that's a big negative in my books :down:

I think he's a quality player, but I dunno what's happened to the guy; he can't even start for Depor now. Maybe Makaay and Tristan brought the best out of each other, I dunno

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    Tristan had a bad last season but that doesn't mean he is dead. I think he can become a better player than Trezeguet in Juventus. I would verymuch like to see him here.

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
    tristan w2ill fit perfeclty in the serie A ;)

but when Egypt played Cameroon not too long ago, our defence, which is the weakest line in our squad, completely shut him down. I'm guessing if we can do that to him, Italian defenders will give him no breathing space at all.
    yep,he didnt breath @ all

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Hmmm I wouldn't call it a bargain. It's not a bad price, but realise that if he comes and turns out to be shite, by the time we realise we need to sell him, he'll be 30

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Egyptian_Juventino ] ++
    y not get some1 like di natalie or di michelle?
    Di Natale's a support striker like Del Piero. We need a target man like Trezeguet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)