Trezeguet out for season (1 Viewer)

Square

Oct 6, 2002
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/apr10d.html

David Trezeguet’s season could be over with reports suggesting he may need a shoulder operation.

The Frenchman picked up the injury in the 2-0 win over Torino last Saturday but claims that he could be back in two weeks time seem premature.

The striker underwent medical tests in Turin on Wednesday where it was confirmed that he wouldn’t be back in action until the Lazio tie on May 4.

However, there is a possibility that surgery will be required. If that is the case then Trezeguet will not play again this season.

A decision on whether to operate on last season’s Serie A top scorer is set to be made in around 10 days time.

Trezeguet has had an injury hit campaign. He basically missed the first four months of the season with a knee ligament problem.

His absence was also felt in last night’s 1-1 draw with Barcelona as boss Marcello Lippi was forced to play Alex Del Piero as a lone striker.

Buy on AliExpress.com

bubba

Apr 6, 2003
crap...

anyway if he leaves, he'll probs go to barca or some club like that..so i think we'll get a decent good replacement from him

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
04/10/2003. David Trezeguet is in danger of missing a month with the shoulder injury picked up against Torino last weekend. The Frenchman had medical checks yesterday and it doesn't look good. He may need an operation although a decision will be made in the next ten days.

OP
Square

Square

Oct 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    so hes out of the barca game for definite. hopefully di viaio can find some form before then.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    Juventus have maintained that David Trezeguet will not require surgery on his injured shoulder.

Reports from Turin had suggested that the Frenchman may need an operation which would rule him out for the rest of the season.

But now both the club and Coach Marcello Lippi have confirmed that he should be available for selection in two weeks time.

"David Trezeguet hasn’t undergone any specific tests since he was examined on Sunday," read a Bianconeri statement.

"We have never considered that his injury would require an operation. The player will be back in around 15 days time."

Trezeguet picked up the problem in last Saturday’s 2-0 win over Torino but Lippi already has clear ideas on his comeback.

"I hope to include him for the Roma game on April 19 or for the Barcelona return on April 22 at the latest," stated the tactician.

Trezeguet missed last night’s first leg encounter as the Turin giants were held to a 1-1 home draw in the quarter final Champions’ League clash.

Football Italia

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    I hope can play for 30 min or so against Roma, and start from the beginning against Barca! As mate said! Let's cross ouers fingers!

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
    For those who said that Trez' season is over , check this:

Juventus striker David Trezeguet, who is recovering from a shoulder injury, is expected to be fit for his side's Champions League quarter-final second-leg clash against Barcelona on April 22.

Trezeguet missed Wednesday's 1-1 draw in the first leg and was doubtful for the second, but Juve coach Marcello Lippi said the French international could be back sooner than expected.

'I believe I'll have him back quickly, maybe against Roma (on April 19),' Lippi was quoted as saying in La Gazzetta dello Sport on Friday.

'David is very important to us when it comes to finishing off certain manoeuvres. Without him we're always having to find an alternative way to do things.'

Lippi also denied the hostile atmosphere of Barcelona's Nou Camp would dampen his team's spirits.

'Barcelona's fans won't intimidate us. They'll just make us more hungry for a win,' he said. 'And with a bit of that luck we haven't had so far his year we'll go forward in Europe.'

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Huzi ] ++

'David is very important to us when it comes to finishing off certain manoeuvres. Without him we're always having to find an alternative,easier,less painful way to do things.'
    ;)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    you Know This is Not Funny at all Trez is important to us cause without him we strugle to score goals.he is the best finisher we have.

my_hitzJUVE

Dec 14, 2002
    i knew it...he is a nice guy that can give us victory...he is a good finisher...but 2002/2003 is not his best season....:down:

for next season, the idea to sell him to another club is a nonsense....don't let him go...i believe we will regret if we didn't keep him....at least give another season to proof he is the best player ever.....:D

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Square ] ++
    http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/apr10d.html

David Trezeguet’s season could be over with reports suggesting he may need a shoulder operation.

The Frenchman picked up the injury in the 2-0 win over Torino last Saturday but claims that he could be back in two weeks time seem premature.

The striker underwent medical tests in Turin on Wednesday where it was confirmed that he wouldn’t be back in action until the Lazio tie on May 4.

However, there is a possibility that surgery will be required. If that is the case then Trezeguet will not play again this season.

A decision on whether to operate on last season’s Serie A top scorer is set to be made in around 10 days time.

Trezeguet has had an injury hit campaign. He basically missed the first four months of the season with a knee ligament problem.

His absence was also felt in last night’s 1-1 draw with Barcelona as boss Marcello Lippi was forced to play Alex Del Piero as a lone striker.
    he did not do anything this season

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)